tuscl

TUSCL.NET: Site Feature Wish List

Call.Me.Ishmael
Rhode Island
What features or services would you like to see implemented on Tuscl.net?

I'd like the ability to subscribe to certain clubs and get a notification whenever that club is updated with a new review or other changes. I know that a user can "like" a club, but I'd like that feature to also include getting updates.

19 comments

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I agree with this...i also like the idea to follow ppl and get notifications when they post a new Raview
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 years ago
    @just_the_nuts -- I could get on board with that. That's almost like a social media site, where you "friend" certain people. I know that you can block certain users; it would make sense to be able to "follow" them, as well.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Personally, my wish-list feature is for the discussion list to be sortable by the last comment from a non-ignored user.

That way, when a troll repeatedly comments on an five year old thread, it *won't* bubble up to the top of the discussion list.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'd like to see a way to post news stories like 2AMers and raids to the club page or at least a link to the stories.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    An edit/delete feature for your own posts would be by far the best improvement for this site.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I think TUSCL is perfect as it is.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    + sorta like StripperWeb; would be kinda cool to see how many people are currently viewing

+ a notification when someone Props one of your reviews or when when there has been a Prop comment to a review (not yours) that you have propped (sometimes you Prop a review and the reviewer, or others, Prop something in reply to your Prop)

+ AFAIK there used to be a club discussion section for each particular club; many TUSCLers seemed to like this feature but I don't recall it being around when I joined
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    A like button would cut back on comments
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Papi - There used to be a club discussion board but it was not widely used. Maybe a dozen clubs actually had any dialog going and half of those were just like the shit that Juice and crazyjoe post on here. So Founder just did away with it.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    :)
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    I would like the map feature to have a variable search radius... or even show an entire state at once would be good for me. I realize that club details are not always updated, but I would like to be able to sort clubs by smoking/non-smoking or nude/topless etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... I would like to be able to sort clubs by smoking/non-smoking ...”

That would be a good field to add to the club's description
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    1. A fifth rating designation, something like "Entertainment Value", with the current generic "Value" designation renamed "Dollar Value." If one is rating honestly, the current system skews towards larger tourist trap clubs. I have had to give overall 7 ratings to clubs in which I had a blast while giving higher overall ratings to clubs that bored the piss out of me. This would level the playing field a little.

2. +1 for an edit/delete feature for posts, if for no other reason that to be able to go back and fix grammar and spelling.

3. The ability of a reviewer to remove troll props put on his reviews, similar to what a member has for his profile props. The flag function would still exist for legitimate gripes - this would simply move the prop function back to its intended purpose. The existence of trolling on the review side cannot help but have a deterring effect for potential new reviewers, especially If one of my heavily trolled reviews is the last one listed for a club that someone is considering posting a review for.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Yea i agree rick a more in-depth rating system is needed, the current is to broad
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Edit feature, picture handling ability, and a "like" button.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    An edit feature would be #1 on the list but I don't know if it's even poss. All the features everyone asks for are available with any forums but what we're dealing with here is basically a blog
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    There *used* to an edit feature on the discussions. It was part of a fairly complete formatted text editor where you could do all sorts of fancy stuff. I remember it being less than friendly to the mobile devices of the time, though, so that might be why founder removed it.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I'm pretty sure that if there was an edit feature, the trolls would just use it as another tool for their useless babble.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Or as an attack vector into the site's code. That's the biggest reason that most sites shy away from HTML editing (it's possible to do safely, but a royal pain in the ass), and use something like BBCode, or their own rendering engine.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion