tuscl

Week 6 NFL bets

JamesSD
California
I don't like most of this week's action. I hate games between 2 bad teams (Houston @ JAX), and hate games where a very good team should win in a blowout (Patriots, Packers). I don't expect the chargers to lose by 11, but I do expect them to lose.

Panthers (+7.5) @ Seattle is by far my favorite pick. Yes, they have beaten up bad teams and Sea has had a tough schedule. But Seattle only beat the awful lions by 3. Minimally I like Carolina to cover.

I like the Vikings (-3.5) at home vs KC. KC lost to Chicago.

Most of the spreads look about right this week. As I write this is looks like you can get Baltimore @ SF for even money, which I like. I feel like the bears will win @ Detroit, so +3 for Chicago is tempting

The Panthers is the only game I'm putting money on, although I may make a small bet on the Vikings.

13 comments

• clubdude
    9 years ago
    Don't bet on the Bears! My sad sack Lions will (FINALLY) win a game!!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    clubdude: That's funny because the Lions are favored on the road, and that team is like the Bears were last year: ready to quit. I would have had the line even or bears +!, yet the Lions are favored!! My Marshall Stack Pick Of The Week is in fact Bears plus the points They'll win outright.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Oh I meant "that's funny" only because I already had this pick before I read your post; no sarcasm was intended.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The Bear defense is ranked like 6th, and the offensive is near the top in rushing. They've given up the most points because of special teams and offensive turnovers for scores.. Well, both are much improved and Detroit will find it hard to move the ball. I predict the Bears will win 17-9.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I predict the Saints will upset unbeaten Atlanta.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Motorhead: Ha ha. I wish you told me that on Wed.!!!
  • clubdude
    9 years ago
    As much as I love the Lions rockstar, they just seem to be able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, almost every time. Last yer was a fluke!!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    The Lions are like the White Sox: they have a toxic culture that won't change until new ownership creates a new universe for them.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Now I'm thinking of making a small bet on Chicago with the points.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    You'd be smart to take the Pats. even giving up 10.5.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I do feel like everyone outside of NE hates the pats so much they're being underpriced. Give me 100 bucks in credit and force me to bet on that game and I'd probably take NE -10, even on the road.

I just don't personally bet on heavy favorites. This is where I do bust out my tin foil hat. If the mob wants NE to win by 7 and not 14, I have a feeling they'd end up winning by 7 after a bad call or two.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Panthers and vikings bets both paid. Chicago lost by 3 in OT. Good week.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Was there a prop bet on Indy having a play that made the butt fumble not look so bad. Ha
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion