tuscl

Week 5 NFL bets

JamesSD
California
Chicago covers the spread (+9) @ KC.

Chicago is a mess, but KC isn't a good enough team to destroy them completely.

San Diego (-3) vs. Pittsburgh.

Steelers couldn't beat the weak ravens at home. Chargers have Gates back.

22 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Bears cover (which I'm amazed to even say) because their defense isn't bad and the awful, awful special team coverages have improved. Plus Cutler may throw a pick 6 but he's also good for 24 points at least.

I think Pitt will roll over SD however. They missed easy FG's and the coach had a bad game. They are better than what they showed.

My bet (if I were betting) would be take Atl -7 over Washington. They'll win by 20.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Boy, Chicago is a mess (and this coming from a Lions fan. lol)
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    pitt will roll over san diego? with vick at QB? don't think so.

jamesSD-- i disagree with you on the first one, but agree with you on the second
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Yeah, Pitt is okay. We'll see!

The Bears may finish 6-10 but what's UP with those Lions? I thought they'd challenge the Fudge Packers...
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    If the Chargers pass and run block, it doesn't matter what the Steelers do. Every time Rivers is flushed from the pocket, he throws it away. It's a wonder his completion rate is so high
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I wish Cutler would throw it away when he's flushed and no one is open. That's his pick 6 special.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I always thought Vick should have been a RB. When he came into the league he was stronger and faster than the rest
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Vick would have had trouble as a running back; too tall and lanky. He'd be like RG III trying to play runningback. Unlike RG III, Vick can throw from the pocket so he's had a long career.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    The new Miami coach won't lose this week! Bet on it!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Rock, everything you said about Vick is wrong,he has never been a pure pocket passer, rushed over 1000 yds one season and is 6-0, 218
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I'll take my Steelers to cover. Now that they're rid of that idiot kicker, things should be better. Vick has had more time to prepare (short week against the ravens and still should have won). They still have Bell and and Brown and now Martavis Bryant is back. Defense has been much improved since week 1 and Ryan Shazier is back which is huge. If you haven't had a chance to see Shazier play check him out. 4.3 speed and his like a truck.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    9 years ago
    Definitely take the Steelers to cover. Vick only had one day of real practice before the Thursday night game, but some important injured players are coming back.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    My NY Football Giants are back in the mix.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    That was a helluva game. Steelers win! No one can ever say Mike Tomlin isn't a riverboat gambler. LeVeon Bell is a beast!
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Steelers didn't win. Chargers lost.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Blech. 1 for 2 is boring.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Last I checked, the Steelers get a 1 in the win column. So unless the definition of win has changed, the Steelers won and and yes you are correct the Chargers lost. Mine Tomlin will never apologize for winning and the team accepts their responsibility when they lose. I can't ask for anything more as a fan.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Mike Tomlin not mine. Hate auto correct.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I think we have a clear winner for worst coach in the NFL. Jim Caldwell of the 0-5 Lions. He was handed the job Indianapolis after Tony Dungy retired. They were still pretty talented but he ran them into the ground. Yet, amazingly he was given head coaching job in Detroit. They were supposed to be a solid second place contender, if not even slightly challenge Green Bay.

The zombies on the Walking Dead show more emotion than this dude. It drove me crazy in Indy and he's doing the same thing here. He's making Jim Schwartz look like a good coach - and that's quite an accomplishment.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I have to agree! That Steelers-Charger game was a heart stopper! Both QBs hit their stride and both defenses were just plain exhausted. The last penalty that San Diego took wasn't a bad one as it probably saved a TD, didn't cost significant yardage and the extra downs were meaningless at that point. It did, however, stop the clock, which in the end didn't mean squat, either.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Let's see. Bears covered? Check.
    Steelers win outright? Check.
    Atlanta +7? Oh well. 2 out of 3 ain't bad in the sports betting world. Anyone need any advice for this week?
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I actually had a really good week. I picked 9 games right against the spread. I didn't put money on all them, but any week you end up ahead is a good week.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion