tuscl

State Laws

Monday, June 28, 2004 4:58 PM
There is a strong discussion on a separate board that caters to individual clubs about State laws (in Ohio). I'm interested in finding out from the rest of the crowd as well as those in Ohio how you go about determining what the state law is. The example that I am giving is what is happening: from what I have been told by my bouncer friend (who has worked since March 6 at FD) is that Ohio has a law that dancers are not allowed to be touched. You can be touched by the dancer as long as the pants stay on. Somewhere, somehow, there is legalese on this to help me back up my argument with the other list's posters. Can you guys help me, and this is also a good chance to discuss which laws suck, which you don't have a problem with, and which ones would you switch around? I personally dislike that the 6' law! Mistress D.

4 comments

• verfolgung
    20 years ago
    No problem MistressD. Always glad to be of service.
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Thanks. Exactly the ammo I needed. :) The posters seemed to think that wandering hands were allowed. I knew better! A few dancers and the two bouncers that I know there have all backed me up. It's just the customers who have issues. Mistress
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    MistressDEvil: Here is some feedback for you on Ohio State Law. This information comes from the Ohio Revised Code: Title V Townships, Chapter 503 General Provisions, Adult Cabarets - Sec. 503.51 to 503.99 -------------------------------------------------- § 503.53. Duty to obtain permit; prohibitions. If a board of township trustees has adopted a resolution under section 503.52 of the Revised Code: (A) No person shall engage in, conduct or carry on, or permit to be engaged in, conducted or carried on in the unincorporated areas of the township, the operation of an adult cabaret without first having obtained a permit from the board of township trustees as provided in section 503.54 of the Revised Code. (B) No owner or operator of an adult cabaret located in the unincorporated areas of the township shall knowingly do any of the following: (1) Refuse to allow appropriate state or local authorities, including police officers, access to the adult cabaret for any health or safety inspection, or any other inspection conducted to ensure compliance with sections 503.52 to 503.59 of the Revised Code and regulations adopted by the township under sections 503.52 or 503.56 of the Revised Code; (2) Operate during the hours designated as prohibited hours of operation by the board of township trustees; (3) Employ any person under the age of eighteen; (4) Establish or operate an adult cabaret within five hundred feet from the boundaries of a parcel of real estate having situated on it a school, church, library, public playground, or township park. (C) No person employed in an adult cabaret located in the unincorporated area of the township shall knowingly do any of the following in the performance of duties at the adult cabaret: (1) Place his or her hand upon, touch with any part of his or her body, fondle in any manner, or massage the genitals, pubic area, or buttocks of any other person or the breasts of any female or, if the employee is a female, of any other female; (2) Perform, offer, or agree to perform any act that would require the touching of the genitals, pubic area, or buttocks of any other person or the breasts of any female or, if the employee is a female, of any other female; (3) Uncover the genitals, pubic area, or buttocks of any other person or the breasts of any female or, if the employee is a female, of any other female. HISTORY: 145 v H 3. Eff 10-1-93. ----------------------------------------------- I know it's been a while since you posted the questions, but I hope this helps.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    MistressDevil: Not sure if this will help, but here is how the law is set up in MA. There are several areas that govern SCs. In MA it starts off with Massachusetts General Law, specifically Ch. 138 (Alcholic Liquors) and Ch. 140 (Theatrical Exhibitions). Sections of these chapters deal with the licensing of establishments to exhibit "theatrical performances" or serve alcohol. These sections provide guidelines for allowable adult entertainment in establishments which require these licenses. Furthermore the State General Laws can then be augmented by a local community's zoning board, which would govern the location of the establishment within a community, and/or the local bylaws of the community which may add additional guidlines to the state general law. ----------------------------------- Here is an example of the local by-laws in the community of Billerica, MA. (Notice the reference to the State General Laws): City of Billerica By-Laws - ARTICLE X: ADULT ENTERTAINMENT 1. The following shall apply to premises licensed in accordance with the General Laws, Chapter 138, Alcoholic Liquors, or Chapter 140, Theatrical Exhibitions, Public Amusements, etc., Section 181, Licenses, Fees, Applications, suspension or revocation or 183A, concerts, dances, exhibitions,. Public shows, etc., application, suspension of revocation, rules and regulations. A. No employee of a licensed establishment or other person may mingle with the patrons of the establishment while such person is unclothed or in such attire to expose to public view any portion of the public area, anus, or genitals, or any simulation thereof, nor may a licensed establishment allow any female person to mingle with patrons on the premises while she is appearing in any manner of attire as to expose to public view any portion of the breast below the top of the areola, or any simulation thereof. B. It is forbidden to employ or permit any person in or on the licensed premises to perform any act or acts of sexual intercourse, masturbation, sodomy, flagellation or any sexual acts prohibited by law. C. Employees or entertainers may not engage in touching, caressing, or fondling of the breasts, buttocks or genitals of another. D. The provision of this by-law shall be deemed severable. ---------------------------------------- As you can see this is a no contact community. (SIDE NOTE: The one SC in this town had their liquor license pulled. Guess why!) Hopefully this helps. Best of luck.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion