tuscl

Tootsie's has been Sold

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

9 comments

• chessmaster
    9 years ago
    How the hell do 1500 people fit in there? Must be huge.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Wow, 15 million. The new ownership better not try to make major changes to Tootsies, leave it the way it is. Tootsies is arguably a top 5 club in the United States.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    This is no big deal. The owners of Tootsies had already been leasing the space.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Chess, it used to be a Costco warehouse. The place is enormous, But I don't think they were talking about 1,500 people at any one time - they said over a weekend.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

It's definately on my bucket list of strip clubs to visit one day...
  • lucylove83
    9 years ago
    It wouldn't surprise me to fit 1500 people in there at once, well that may be pushing it a bit but definitely doable over a weekend. If I'm not mistaken it is the second biggest club in the US behind Sapphire. The place is huuuuge.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    If you combine all the areas, you probably can get 1500 people in there at once. It's definitely possible within a night, as the article stated: when some people leave around 2-3, new people come in.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    rickdugan,

It was a BJ Wholesale Club, not a Costco. That's why it became a strip club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    The title of the thread is misleading – the club has not been sold per se; just that the people whom own/run the club (Rick's) decided to buy the building which they had been leasing/renting – thus nothing about the club should really change.

“... But I don't think they were talking about 1,500 people at any one time - they said over a weekend ...”

Per the article:

“... Tootsie’s brings in about 1,500 customers on an average weekend night ...”

i.e. they claim to get 1500 customers through *one* weekend night – Tootsies does close at 6:00 a.m. so this may be doable – i.e. not only do you have the strip-club goers but also partiers that will hit the dance-clubs/discos till 3 or 4 a.m. and then head to Tootsies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion