tuscl

If You Ever Wondered What Criteria They Use for Hiring Dancers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
In a trial concerning 2 underage dancers, a strip club manager reveals the hiring criteria:

"Asked by Assistant Attorney General Stacey Veroni what criteria he used to hire dancers, Calligano said they hired anyone who "just walked through the front door, showed an interest in dancing, usually a friend of a friend.""

http://www.providencejournal.com/article…

25 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    That pretty much goes along with my experience.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Only the high end clubs have high standards for looks. There's some pretty frumpy dancers at my mid tier club from time to time; the truly outstanding ones usually move on to the top tier clubs. But no fatties or outright dogs since it's not an extras club. (Obviously at the extras clubs they'll hire anyone.) I asked a few dancers how they started working in the club and most had a friend introduce them. Some of the Eastern European dancers had more sinister backgrounds though as they're not citizens, but there's been less of them lately. I think the government has been cracking down on illegals.

The bottom line for the manager/owner is if the girls make the club money. They don't care if a girl is a 10 if she can't get enough dances to pay the bills, while a 5 might end up a top earner because she's got a great personality (or does extras).
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Yet another reason I like upscale, high end clubs. Its usually dive bars\ extras clubs that hire whoever walks through the door, with a few exceptions.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Many clubs don't get enough girls coming in to apply that they can have the luxury of hiring criteria. What bothers me, though, is when they always have way too many dancers on shift, and most of them are substandard. If the club was more selective, maybe the hotter new girls wouldn't get discouraged so quickly and move on.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    "just walked through the front door, showed an interest in dancing"

Worked for me!!! :o
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Chandler, rather too many dancers than not enough. Logically the hottest dancers would get the most business and the less desirables would get discouraged first. Or no?
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I don't know if any club has a real standard, including the idea of hiring someone 18 or up. I know the club I visit the most supposedly checks IDs, but some of their girls look awfully young. Most of them don't last, but there's always more where they came from.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Chessmaster, I say if they're not up to standard, I'd rather not have them taking up space, polluting the view. I'm talking about 80-100 dancers, when half that many would be more than plenty. I'm sure that many fuglies get discouraged, too. It's the hot ones who give up after one or two shifts that I notice.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I would say they have some “basic” standards – of course some places; e.g. upscale clubs; just have tighter standards.

In most avg clubs I see mostly avg women – I normally do not see women I would not touch w/ Juice's dick – is not as if one sees obese women or real ugly women – sure some places allow fuglies; but IME most places seem to have at least a avg-looking requirement.

And ask most black dancers if clubs will hire anyone and if they can just show up and dance – happens at some clubs; but the exception rather than then norm IMO.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    http://openjurist.org/215/f3d/145/united…

here;s the play by play. In regards to the OP, that man sure is lucky he got out while he could. He's not being convicted to jail time too is he? (too lazy to read the play by play)
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @chessmaster well Cheetah's isn't exactly a hole in the wall now is it? It seems like there's more prostitution scandels in big wig clubs rather than dingy clubs. And an even split of 2AMers between the two.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @chandler why would the "hot" ones quit when they have all the men wanting to jump their bones. They should be bringing in the most cheddar?
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    One of the clubs I go to obviously has strict standards. They have trouble staffing their day shift. There also are some pretty obvious racial quotas.

The other hires almost anyone with a dancers permit. I guess that's where the catch comes in. Permits are a few hundred dollars, and no girl would shell out for one if she didn't think she could earn it back. There probably are some fitness requirements, but there are plenty of butterfaces.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Estafador, I answered why upthread. Because there's 2x too many dancers clogging up the club. That makes it a lot harder for anyone to make money, especially a girl who's new to dancing.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I go to several high end clubs that clearly have some standards on looks. But most are obviously of the walk through the door variety.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    JS69 - I have that prank on my hard drive and have put it on a CD titled "strip club" that I burn for friends/strippers. The red head loved it. :) Did I give you a copy?
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    @chandler I get that but shouldn't the hottest of the hot standout above the mediocre. I know out of every 20 there's 2 hot strippers. And every time I've seen them, that's all I did, was see them. From afar, because they were always monopolized by the "adults" and always were on the move between a dude and the bathroom/locker room. Perhaps I'm overthinking or overlooking something. I don't know.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Estafador, that's a sound theory that holds up in most cases, but in reality there is a limit to how many mediocre dancers a club can hire without driving away some of the hottest ones.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    A large number of dancers creates competition which keeps prices down and mileage up. If the hottest dancers are driven away it is because they are relying on their looks to make money.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    scat, yes you gave me the CD and it has lots of funny stuff, that one included. I just found the video though.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Again, it's a wonderful theory, Shadow, but I can attest that several of these hot dancers who gave up on Follies were not relying on just their looks.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    the fugglies undercut the prices the hot one feel they deserve
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    or the fugglies are willing to do more than the hot ones
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^how do you go lower than $10? and how can you do more than they do at follies?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion