tuscl

OT: Dealings with famous people

Clackport
Washington
Have you ever had dealings with any famous people?

I'm not talking about seeing a celebrity in the strip club, or getting a autograph at a concert.

There was a girl named Neveen on the reality show "Bad Girls Club".
http://thebadgirlsclubshow.wikia.com/wik…

She actually lived in Portland at one time, and in college I had a class with her. All the guys in that class were hitting on her.

33 comments

• Clackport
    9 years ago
    I do realize in the grand scheme of things she ain't that famous.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    A few. For example, One of the girls I went to high school with is a moderately well known actress now.
  • VeryBigDawg
    9 years ago
    Funny you mention "Bad Girls Club". We have a stripper in Atlanta that appeared on "Bad Girls Club". She stripped years before she was on the show, and was very nice, friendly, and very hands on. Then she got the gig on "Bad Girls Club" and was MIA for about 6 months. When she came back, she was much more standoffish with my-shit-smells-like-perfume attitude. Hollywood ruined her. IMHO.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I had lunch with Spyro Gyra when I was in high school. Does that count?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    It's funny because even though this girl was one of the best looking in school I don't recall guys talking about her or hitting on her like they did the others. So classy I think they realized she was out of their league.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Many well known people at my previous and current job.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I've seen a number of famous people - mostly athletes - in airports and they have been very polite.

And I sat next to Sam Elliott on a flight. One of the nicest guys in the world.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    i saw black baldy from mnf and espn at a hotel lobby once. that count?
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I dated a girl that was in a 1976 issue of Playboy. A "girls of whatever" pictorial. She was a cutie instead of gorgeous, and she had spectacular breasts. She told me that once, she got pulled over, instead of getting a ticket, she got asked out.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Ah, yes, we also had a playboy centerfold in our high school class. Unlike our future actress she was pretty much constantly hit on and encouraged it. I didn't have any classes with her though. Didn't even remember her when others noted her stardom later.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Just seeing someone doesn't count. I've seen ton of celebrities at LAX.

The obvious question Dougster is who are you talking about?
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    That I must keep secret for the sake of my own anonymity. Just thank about it juice and Dr Phil would say.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    I bet some here has some famous profs.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    george, spyro gyro sounds like a cool lunch

I've met a bunch working in LA when I was younger. David Lee Roth was doing some solo stuff at the studio I was working at and I got the impression he was very stand-offish. Years later after reading numerous reports on him I look back and realize he was just a dick. Ran monitor world for Morris Day and the Time at a festival once. They were awesome. Hung out with his guitar player for a few hours afterwards. Hung out with Iggy Pop backstage for an hour or so eating doritos before he went on at a festival that Rev Horton Heat and the band had invited me and a few others to. Cut my teeth as an asst sound engineer in LA doing Bone Thugs n Harmony E 1999 album. Those guys were just some straight up street thugs. There are way too many musical acts for me to name.

Probably my favorite I can remember is one day in the studio some random guy I can't remember was cutting some tracks and I went walking through the green room to get some stuff from our digital editing room and Marina Sartis (aka Deanna Troi from Star Trek:TNG) was sitting there waiting on him. We exchanged pleasantries and smiled. As i walked back by we smiled again. I went into another studio my boss was in and shut the door looked at him and said "Do you know who's in our green room?" He knew and when he saw I was just as excited as he was we both lost it acting like a couple of 12 yo school boys. She was smoking hot in some tight blue jeans and a white t-shirt with her hair down. Still the only star I can ever remember myself losing it over. Everyone else I've always been ehhh; you seen one it's just another. She was something else though. Thankfully we were in a sound proof room to contain our school girl squeals.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    My high school band was going to kidnap a girl who sang in a band with my friends, but it didn't quite work out. She's now a minor celebrity in NYC as an actress/singer and we've remained friends. She hob knobs with A list stars, so I get my 'brush with greatness' from time to time.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Dougster, Playboy Centerfolds are public domain, you can easily tell us her name
  • bubba267
    9 years ago
    Tons...
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    30+ years ago I sat in a first class seat next to María del Rosario Mercedes Pilar Martínez Molina Baeza on a flight from Acapulco to Los Angeles. For 3 1/2 hours the bitch didn't say 10 words to me. She sure looked sexy though.

I've also flown with Dean Martin & Sammy Davis Jr. and went to high school with a major league base ball player named Bob Bailey.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Does Alan Markovitz count?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @Shadow- is that all one name? That's gotta be the longest name I've ever seen in my life.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I know a b rated actress on some cable shows that used to be a barista and served me coffee
  • EastCoaster
    9 years ago
    For you old farts (like me) on here, this will take you back. When I was 12 years old my family was on vacation in southern California and we got to visit the set of a TV show while it was being filmed. It was "My Favorite Martian," and during a break in filming, Ray Walston (the star of the show) came over and talked to us for about 10 or 15 minutes. Super nice guy.

I've had chance encounters and interacted with a lot of musicians, partly because (being a part-time musician myself) I'm not shy about accosting them wherever I happen to see them. I once rode in an elevator in the Prudential Building in Boston for 50 floors with David Crosby (of Crosby Stills & Nash). Neil Young was in the next elevator over; it was him and about 20 girls. David Crosby was very gracious. Neil Young, not so much.

About a month after that (still in Boston), a buddy and I ran into musician extraordinaire Frank Zappa in the Burger King on Boylston Street in Back Bay. My buddy said, "Frank - - what are you doing in Burger King??" He said, "I'm gettin' a Whopper with cheese!!"

About 20 years ago, before hardly anyone had heard of the then-new FX cable channel, they ran a daily 90-minute morning show from NYC called Fox After Breakfast. It was supposed to be sort of a hip version of the Today show, telecast live from a big apartment in the Flatiron area of Manhattan. Each day they had a "real family" on, which they seated in the kitchen and served breakfast to while the show was going on. My sister got her, me and my wife on. It was a fairly lame show, but the day we were on, before and after the show, we got to meet and interact with Gladys Knight (of Gladys Knight and the Pips, a soul group from the 1970s) who was that week's guest co-host, comedian Rodney Dangerfield, and actress Heather Locklear. Heather Locklear was *so* f-ing good-looking, probably 10 times more attractive than she ever looked on TV. Rodney Dangerfield, on the other hand, looked 10 times worse. The host of the show was an unknown-at-the-time Tom Bergeron, who went on to host "America's Funniest Videos" (or whatever it was called) and eventually "Dancing with the Stars." For the record, Tom Bergeron is one of the nicest people I've ever met; so was Gladys Knight.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Anybody notice? All those posts and Dougster never mentioned the System or faggot once. Never mentioned Rick or even finance. Could he be growing up? Maybe a positive influence from SJG?
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Anybody noticed Dugly mentioned 0 names. More bullshit as per the norm.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    One of my high school classmates was a ballerina and danced with Sadler Wells. I've been a guest on Good Morning America and met their cast & crew. I was also on Antiques Roadshow. They both told me I've got a perfect face for radio. My cousin was a close friend of Robin Williams and I met him at a cocktail party at her apartment in San Francisco. I really enjoy meeting people and hearing their stories. When I was traveling I was a platinum frequent flyer and got bumped into first class on about 1/2 my domestic flights. That's where you meet interesting people: a very successful advertising executive who truly was unable to read; a gorgeous female attorney selling pharmaceuticals who had two separate lives - one in NY & one in LA with a fiancé in both cities; an M.D. who wrote software for pharmacies to the tune of $10,000,000 per year. I once was seated beside a woman who was a born again Christian and started proselytizing before we took off. I explained to her that I had a problem and told her every little detail about my "sinful" relationship with my ATF. Her fucking mouth was hanging open and she just kept telling me that the good Lord would forgive me if I'd only repent. I said, hell no. I'm having too much fun. I did agree that I'd let cheeses into my life. She might have misunderstood.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I knew John Belushi before he became famous. It's hard to believe he's been dead so long.
  • snowtime
    9 years ago
    About 20 years ago I shared a small store in a mall in Athens, Ga. with several other vendors for the Christmas holidays. On Dec. 23 it was very busy and Alac Baldwin and (then wife) Kim Basinger came in to look at our antiques. Since they are both animal advocates and I support their work, I went over and talked to them about it. They seemed relieved that I did not want an autograph, just wanted to talk about the charitable work. They were both dressed to kill. Even if you did not know who they were, you could have picked them out by their attire and appearance. Athens is a small college town and they stood out from the crowd.
    About the same time I was set up in a mall in Greenville, SC. when Jerry Lewis came in early one Sunday morning. He did not stop by my booth, but purchased a Life magazine (had Martin and Lewis on the cover) from a friend of mine who was also selling there. After the purchase, my friend casually asked Jerry for an autograph. Lewis said "I already paid you for the magazine, that is enough". He had two body guards with him and I later heard from several customers that he was very rude to everyone and would not sign for anybody. I have since heard many stories from people that knew him to be a big jerk. It did not surprise me.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I seem to remember getting a lap dance from Diablo Cody back in the Twin Cities. When I worked at a bookstore there, I ordered a book for Pat Proft and sold a couple books to Dan Jurgens. Did get to meet Buzz Aldrin, George Takei, and even Dawn Wells when they did signings at that bookstore. Missed out on a chance to meet Mickey Spillane when he did a signing at the comic book shop I worked at, as well as Neil Gaiman who was just browsing around.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    I had a couple of very pleasant non-sexual dates with Dan Lauria, the guy who played the dad on The Wonder Years. Awesome guy.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Man! I need to get out more!
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Yeah, I met up with Akon one random day in the hood in Brooklyn. He was impressed that I was from Zimbabwe and apparently blended in so well with African-Americans while still holding African pride. We had a good long conversation about Africa's various countries' problems and what should be done about them. This all happened in the elevator, and he seemed really pleased to have met me. Probably because I didn't realize it was THE Akon until he was already gone. This was when he first blew up and I was about 16 years old. I felt ridiculous
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    I've also met Fabolous but it was more to get him to meet my surrogate cousin. He seemed impressed that I wasn't goggling all over him. Probably because I was 12 or 13 and didn't realize he was Fabolous until my surrogate cousin told me AFTER he was gone. This seems to be a common trend with me.

Does meeting the creators of Avatar: the Last Airbender count at Comic con since I didn't care to wait on an hour long line to meet Stan Lee
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion