tuscl

Main Jobs

SaintSnuff
New York
Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:10 PM
Some may be lies, but I was talking to a rather open girl about her non-stripper life - computer programmer...kinda shocked me but I believed her...it was dead, she already advised she didn't do extras in VIP and wasn't pushing for it. Always hurts a bit when I remember that they can make more money stripping than I sometimes do as an attorney. Same day, another one told me she really wants to open a pretzel making food cart - I'm in NYC so it's not that wild of an idea but will completely fail. Didn't have the heart to tell her...

12 comments

• gawker
    9 years ago
    I know a 37 year old dancer who's a single mom and who used to work as a Graphic Designer, a field in which she holds a Bachelors degree. She makes significantly more money dancing than she did in advertising. However time is marching on, she's been dancing for 15 years and frankly doesn't know the graphics field anymore. It's one field that has completely changed from analog to digital, so she's looking at other careers for the future.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    ^^^beside the market for graphic designer is highly saturated
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    When you are sitting listening to a stripper ramble, and she talks about what her job after stripping is going to be (think: EXIT STRATEGY), and what bullshit she's spending to get some worthless certification or degree from some business college... most people with at least a little bit of sense will think "damn babe, you're going to be severely disappointed out there in the real world." That's when I would normally recommend for this stripper to go out in the parking lot and ask the valet who's driving the most expensive car in the lot, go back inside and try to get that guy to wife her up. She'd be a lot happier. Instead I just sip on my drink, and enjoy the show.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Oh shit! You mentioned being attorney. Shits gonna hit the fan. Shakespeare will again be quoted out of context. Lawyers lies more than strippers. Lawyers are the worst scum. All the usual crap. But it's ok. You'll learn.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I knew a stripper that put herself through college stripping at the Columbia Platinum Plus and went on to get tenure at USC. I asked her what she taught and she told me Theater & Public Speaking. Last I heard she was teaching at Clemson.
  • SaintSnuff
    9 years ago
    @JS69 I could go into how we have an ethics code we are bound to but....yeaaaa who are we kidding
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Main jobs are all made up
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Oil change technician at Jiffy Lube. There's a joke in there if I had the ambition to make it.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    What would you do if a hot dancer said her goal was to marry a rich customer and not have to work? Run or say you're ready to audition her and see how good a bj she cn do?
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    can do spelling
  • Holdem2
    9 years ago
    Ethics code ..... Funny. It's enforced by a judge who used to be a sleezeball lawyer too. Party on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It may not be all lies but it may not be all truths either. Programmers often make good $$$ - it also requires you to have a sharp and alert mind; i.e. someone can't be at a strip-club past midnight and be able to function well as a programmer the next day (at least for most people IMO). Most likely she was a programmer at some point – but could not hack it or it was not for her – or maybe she just studied programming and either never finished or finished and never worked in the field – i.e. most dancers that strip that also have a main job do so b/c their main job is often a non-white-collar/non-professional one which does not pay much – of course there may be exceptions but ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion