tuscl

Unusual strip club neighbors

mjx01
Aspiring Global Hound
Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:39 PM
What is the most unusual / unlikely / odd thing you have seen neighboring a strip club?

For example...

The Diamond Cabaret in Plattsburgh, New York (which closed several years ago) was located across the street from a church which appeared to also possibly run their own grade school or day care. It struck me as very out of place since there are usually zoning laws against adult business being near schools and religious establishments.

18 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    In San Diego, a dry cleaner is next to one, and a massage parlor is next to another. Oh, and a used car dealer next to another.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Platinum Plus at 362 Jacob Rd, Columbia SC is next door to Young's Chapel Baptist Church at 359 Jacob Rd. The club closes at 6am Sunday morning. Just in time for the early church services.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    One club in North Hollywood is situated in a Sears shopping center. I always stop by after daytime clubbing to see whats on sale.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm pretty sure the massage parlor next to cheetahs is owned by the same owner.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    In Denver a pot shop is next to one
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    This classifies as not so unusual, yet complimentary. The Hiliter in Phoenix has regularly scheduled AA meetings in the building next to it. You will see some shady characters smoking cigarettes before and after the day meetings. Also, back in the day several years ago the dancers could rent out a room next door to take their PLs from the club to do their business. this no longer happens anymore as the PLs ask the girls for #s to meet up away from the club. It's funny how easily they give out their digits. A lot can be overheard from loud mouth dudes.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Across the street from the Flight Club is large U-Haul Center. I once rented a truck there to help a stripper move.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    One of Papi's clubs, "Xtacy" has a key lime pie shop next door. Pie and pie!
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Omar's in Lansing is just up the street from the state capitol building. You can go see all the prostitutes at work, then take a short walk to a strip club.
  • bkkruined
    9 years ago
    Way back, 10-15 years ago, there was a club in Seattle on the corner of Denny and Dexter. Back then it was a much more industrial kinda area. Right behind the club was a radio station.
    Once I was listening to that station on the radio while they did the station identification. They identified the station with the frequency, ID, and as being located in the little black building behind the strip club on Denny.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Club Allure in Chicago is located next to a nun convent.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local…
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    When Boomers in Fremont, NE existed, it was between Pizza Hut and Godfather's. Mavericks in Sioux City, IA used to be across the street from the Sioux City stockyards.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    The Hideaway Lounge in Plymouth PA is across the road from a little league field.
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    I wouldn't mind living within walking distance of a strip club. Could get drunk and not have to worry about a ride.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    UK,

Cheek's in West Carrollton, Ohio when I stayed there a few times. Didn't have to worry about driving, but a time or two, walking was problem enough. :)
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    Clubber, I know what you mean. There have been times where I was so drunk I thought I was going to throw up lol. However I didn't fortunatly.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Mickey's in Cumberland, RI is in a residential neighborhood. I used to own a five family apartment house two doors away. It has a neighborhood bar climate.
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Chez Pierre in the heart of downtown Edmonton is directly across 105 St from First Presbyterian Church, one of the most historic churches in Edmonton. The church's roots go back to the 1880s. Edmonton was a frontier town in the 1880s; even at that late date mostly a fur trading fort for Hudson's Bay Corp. Greater Edmonton now has a population of about 1.3m.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion