tuscl

Do you use straws?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
In a strip club, regular bar or restaurant they always serve you a straw along with you drink. Do you use them? I personally don't. I think that they make a guy look feminine. One female told me the reason women do it is to keep from smearing their lip stick. Yeah. It's a slow day. :)

25 comments

• VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    Must be EXTREMELY slow day if you are grasping at straws.

I never use straws at SC, but see the girls drinking wine with straws that looks very tacky.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Great strip club minds think alike. I rarely order beer or a cocktail. Usually a Diet Soda. The first thing I do is remove the straw.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    I use the straw to stir the drink. Then either remove it or bend it down to get it out of the way.

I can't remember the comedian but years ago he did a stand up skit about guys and straws. How it makes you look like a pussy to drink out of you.

He then demonstrates. He starts to get all cocky.... "yeah man... I am going to fuck you up. I will take you outside and beat the shit out of you. you don't want to mess with me. After I kick your ass I am going to fuck your girl.... Then he takes a drink out of a glass using a straw. It is funny as shit because you go from being a tough guy to a pussy. Damn I wish I could remember the name and find a youtube clip.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I never drink my beer with a straw.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    My brother’s friend worked his way thru college as a waiter in a chain restaurant and he told my brother to always use a straw and never put his lips on a restaurant’s/bar’s glass – for starters plenty of other people’s lips have been on their and also they don’t often do a very good job of cleaning the glasses – especially water glasses are often rinsed and not necessarily washed throughout the day.

I tend to use a straw for hygiene purposes w/e drinking from a glass; even if drinking water.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    I use the straw. The glasses aren't that clean.
  • Subraman
    10 years ago
    I have not once gotten a straw in my usual shot of bottom-shelf whiskey
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Now I never use straws, ever since I was a child I don't like them.

SJG
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I use them when I get a soft drink or water in a glass or cup. For my usual bottled water, I don't.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    10 years ago
    I usually drink soda at a club and always use the straw. I have a lot of friends who bartend, and they say always use the straw because most clubs don't work that hard to clean their glasses.
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Exactly what Papi said. I don't like putting my lips on resturant glasses. Just like I wipe down the silverware b/f using it.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I used a lot of straws in the 80's. Rolled up bills too. :)
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I'll drink a soda with a straw, but never coffee.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I always use a straw if it's a glass cup they pour it in. You don't know how clean it really is. If they provide a paper cup for you and you make the drink yourself, then I don't, but then the paper cup automatically goes in the trash.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I've always used a straw. I'm just so used to fast food and eating on the go, I just never thought about any perceived image problem.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    In a restaurant for water or soda, usually, but no where else.

I used to used them at a water fountain, but I was always dehydrated. :)
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    This thread reminds me of how my Dad never uses a straw--no matter where he is. And I've never known why, but I think he just doesn't like them.

Honestly, I can't ever remember being served a straw with my drink in a strip club. But I always order beer at the SC. If I ordered a mixed drink which comes in a glass, I'm sure they'd give me one.
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Let's draw straws ! Darn where did I put those crayons ????
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I almost never use straws in restaurants or bars. I have used two straws in restaurants to scoop the ice cream out of shakes when I was a kid all the time and might still do it if I ate there. Of course nowadays, most places have spoons for that. I do use straws whenever I drink and drive. You don't want to spill soda all over while driving. You could get distracted if you spilled something all over. You could get pulled over for merely eating a hamburger eating and driving in Georgia or Florida even if you are obeying all the regular driving laws if a cop claims you are distracted.

Stupid cop, he should be pulling over all the guys off a street for distracted driving if a hot girl is standing along the curb in a bikini. That is much more distracted driving than eating a hamburger. The law needs to be further defined distracted and weaving around in the road or not obeying normal driving patterns. It's not hard to see someone probably texting and weaving around in the road on a few occasions.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I think we're grasping at straws today.
  • DoctorDarby
    10 years ago
    There is always a risk when leaving the straw in while drinking directly from the glass. The slightest miscalculation will send the wayward straw up your nose or into your eyeball. Not only is this dangerous (you could put your eye out kid), but it destroys any possible "game" you might think you have with the ladies. This has never happened to me. I only observed it. Really.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    The key for dudes, whether they are drinking with a straw or eating a hot dog, is: bring it up to your mouth, *not* your mouth down to it. Do this and you'll be golden. For chicks, of course, it's the other way around.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    This topic is a straw man!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^you're right......this is the last straw
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    To paraphrase Lauren Bacall, you just put your lips together and suck!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion