tuscl

Is going to strip clubs regularly unconventional? How many of your friends do th

Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:02 AM
I've always been under the impression that visiting strip clubs regularly is unconventional, but I have no way of knowing for sure. This is just my opinion based on my observations. By regularly, I mean like two or more times per month. Most guys, in my estimation, don't visit strip clubs regularly. Whether young or old, single or divorced, I know everyone on here has at least a friend or two. Do your friends also go to strip clubs regularly? If you have a club that you go to frequently, do you often see the same patrons? I know for a fact that two of my closest friends don't. One guy is in his mid twenties and happily married. His job is demanding and when he's not there, he's pretty much always at home with his wife. Him and I (and a few of his other chums) have actually visited a strip club together, but that was only because it was for his bachelors party. The other friend is in his late twenties and is a very, very hardcore Christian who would never set foot in a strip club due to his religious beliefs. I realize this is only two people--a very small sample size--but I'd still be very surprised if the other guys I know visit strip clubs regularly. I think the majority of customers are people who just stop into strip clubs a few times a year, if that. However, I do know that there are a fair amount of regular customers, I just don't think *most* people are regulars. So, am I correct in assuming that we are out of the norm?

22 comments

• chandler
    9 years ago
    Actually, I recently conducted a poll on this, and a majority of the guys in the club said that it's normal.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    All my friends have been to a club at least once; few go on a regular or even semi-regular basis though. It's an expensive hobby.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    In all of my 15 years of clubbing in Louisville, I've only ever met two people I know. One was the brother of a friend, who was with a bachelor party, and the other was a coworker, who left hastily after a lap dance after seeing me at the bar. I'm inclined to think that, wrt the general population, it's unconventional to go as often as even once per month.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    It's unconventional. With the exception of my TUSCL friends, I don't know anyone who goes to strip clubs. My friends would be shocked if they learned I was a strip club regular.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Never met anyone in my personal life that visits SCs on a regular basis. This is the appeal of TUSCL for me in that I have met others that like SCs as much as I do.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Here's how you can tell for sure that it's unconventional. Look at how few clubs there are compared to other types of bars, etc., and how empty of customers many clubs are. If it were conventional, where is everybody going?
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    "This is the appeal of TUSCL for me in that I have met others that like SCs as much as I do." Exactly!
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I go to strip clubs once or twice a week. I'm certain that none of my friends go at all -- maybe a few times in their lives. This is why I value TUSCL as both a source of club information and a community of like-minded mongers.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I'm in the younger crowd. My friends that do go, go like maybe once or twice a year. At my age going to strip clubs a lot is very unconventional unless you're a rapper or professional athlete.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Me just walking into a club is pretty unconventional on it's own - a woman being a SC junkie is almost unheard of! With that being said, I have some co-workers that will visit the clubs occasionally, usually as my guests....I doubt that they would ever go on their own. Most of my other male friends do not know of my "hobby", and I doubt very much if any of them have ever set foot in a stripclub before.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Seems like all of my close friends are members of TUSCL. So yes my friends do this. LOL.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Maybe it's not as unconventional as it might first appear. Most of my friends would say I don't go to strip clubs, which of course is because I have to hide my activities from the old ball and chain. Maybe lots of the people around us go to clubs also, but they keep it hidden just like lots of us do.
  • AnonymousJim
    9 years ago
    I agree with jack. I go probably once or twice a month on average. More at certain times of the year, less at others. If I knew someone else who was a "semi-regular" like me, I would think I would have run into them more than once by now. I don't think it's conventional at all. If I had to take a stab at the reason others don't, it would be the stunningly powerful ability of humans to believe perception over reality. "Those must be skeezy, disease-riddled ugly sluts who can't land a man or a job of their own and screw all those pathetic loser drunk guys for money. They corrupt the morality of the community!" A lot of folks just make that assumption and never even go. Kind of wish I could introduce them to one of my ATFs, the dancer who has a PhD (I believed her; you couldn't fake the topics we discussed) and is pushing 40 but looks 25. Or the dancers I've met that have been classically trained and moved more sensually than Shakira. Or the dancers who have given dances, and joy, to guys in wheelchairs unable to talk or old men with no one else who wants to listen to them. These people aren't hurting anyone. If anything, they're making life better. Yes, there are some of those ugly ROBs out there, but the search for the diamonds in the rough is so worthwhile, it's amazing. Plus, once you separate sex from love, when it's done safely, it's just a thing folks do and won't transmit or hurt anyone, so it's not that big of a deal. You pay for the privacy of being able to have that understanding without those who can't handle it freaking out, which is a majority.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I've always been out of the norm.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I'm like PhantomGeek in that I've always been out of the norm as well. One of my friends will go at least once a month, because I get dragged into playing his limo driver for him, but I am also not his only limo driver. One guy I work with will go a few times a year. Most guys I know do not ever go.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    My wife started talking about going to strip clubs a few years back. Finally, about 4 months ago she said she really wanted us to go. I've only been to 3 clubs in my life. They were all in the same night many many years ago with a very good friend in college and it was ok but I just wasn't impressed. My wife JOKINGLY calls me a whore because she knows my "number" so paying but not touching wasn't a draw for me back then since I could do whatever to whomever whenever I wanted. Over the course of the last 4 months we've been to 3 different clubs together 5 times and experiencing it together is amazing. It's been so amazing that my wife wants to go further and further with the dancers. We always get a LD together and she's done things with the dancers she would've never dreamed she'd do. Plus, she's allowed dancers to do things to me I would have always assumed would've made her start clawing out eyes and ripping out hair. We've always had an extremely active and wild sex life but this has made her open up even more and now she freely talks about things that used to embarrass her. Now, a couple times a week she sexts me asking when we're going back to the club we like. We have 2 kids so we can't just pick up and go at the drop of a hat so we have to plan ahead. We've gone at least 1 time a month so far (twice 1 month) and she wants us to start going out twice a month to have our "play time". As far as we know none of our friends or co-workers frequent SC's. A couple of her really close co-workers knows we go and a couple of the guys I work with know we go but that's it. We don't see it any different than doing anything else. We've actually had this discussion that this topic is about. If we go out and spend $300 or so one night over the course of 6-8 hours getting a bunch of lap dances and giving stage tips hag's just fine with us. It's no different then 1000's of other couples spending $300 or so going out to dinner and a movie and then random shopping for more junk they don't really need on a Saturday. Now, if we were going 2-3 times a week then I would consider that rather unconventional. Once or twice a month..........that's just date night.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    oops, typo. *hags=that's sorry, wasn't calling dancers hags...lol
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    It is unconventional. For the vast majority of guys out there, strip clubs are for bachelor parties or special outings with the guys. Any guy who hangs out in them frequently and alone is a fringe junkie, lol. Obviously I include myself in that last statement. ;)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    To have a good time in a SC; one often needs to spend around $200+ (or at least one is tempted to spend this $$$). Many PLs either don’t have this extra cash or are unwilling to separate with it. Also – many PLs may still think there is no sex in SCs and the only thing one can do is watch and not even be able to touch the dancers (and this may still be the case in many areas) – so why go and spend $$$ just to watch (in their minds).
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo: I'm glad I don't club where you do. :)
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Doesn't concern me what others do.
  • ilbbaicnl
    9 years ago
    I think there's about a million people in my metro area, so that's maybe about 300K guys "of age" for strip clubs. If they were all regulars, then probably at least 10% or 30K would be in a strip club on any given Friday or Saturday night. If a packed club can handle up to 300 custies per night, we'd need 100 clubs. We have 5 clubs and they're rarely packed. I guess what I'm saying is that it takes about 1000 - 2000 regulars to support a typically uncrowded club. Seem right? Papi has a good point, it took me by surprised the first time I found I could get a lap rather than an air dance in my area. I probably would have become a regular sooner if I had known things had liberalized.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion