tuscl

What will your Xmas dinner be?

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:30 PM
If I don't go out, I'm gonna get a bunch of Xmas tamales. One good thing about Diego

21 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Q Why do Mexicans make tamales for Christmas? A So that they will have something to open.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Pussy
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    why did the Mexican cross the road? To get to the other side...of the border
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I'm cooking an 8 lb. tenderloin of beef. It will have a cracked green peppercorn crust with a choice of horseradish or green peppercorn sauce and be served with baked stuffed potatoes, English peas with pearl onions, and blue Hubbard squash. I can't wait.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A piece of personal info - my aunt (by marriage) is ex-Amish. She was raised in an Amish home but left the church in her late teens. You would never know she was Amish - except for her cooking skills. I usually spend the holidays with my aunt and uncle and I am treated to some exquisite Amish cooking. It's culinary heaven if you enjoy that type of home style cooking.
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    Grilled Venison with a peppercorn sauce, Squash soup, a pitcher of water. Desert orange rum shafan tort. I will be hosting dinner again this year for some stripper friends of mine.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    On the road this year during Xmas, whatever the special at Golden Corral is I guess.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Chinese. One of the few decent eateries open. Because of work and logistics, the SU and I will meet up with the DU.
  • tobala
    10 years ago
    By request from my son steak, baked potatoes, and salad.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Christmas Dinner will be with the family and I assume Turkey. Christmas Eve will be spent with the current fling and will be small tenderloin steaks with small lobster tails. Friday night I've got a few friends coming over for a standing rib roast and whatever they bring. Should be three days of good eats.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Turkey
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I will be roasting a turkey and making stuffing and corn bread.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Turkey & ham for the main course plus mashed potatoes, green bean casserole plus a variety of breads and salads. Dessert will be pies and all kinds of cookies. There will be a ton of people there.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Christmas Eve, pasta, fried shrimp, and broccoli. Just what my in-laws had years ago and SO still does.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Honey glazed ham, sweet potato soufflé, baked beans & brown bread with raisons.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    After I visit my mom in the hospital, probably leftover pizza.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Considering I already had part one of my Christmas, where I went to my parents and had turkey, I suspect part 2 (the actual day) will be ham, although I won't know til I'm at my parents. But the truly sucky thing is I have to actually work that night. But hey, I got Christmas Eve off!
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Mine WOULD be sushi, sashimi with assorted Japanese pickles. Hot sake. And some primo Afghanistan hash. What it's GOING to be is dry turkey, over cooked vegetable, artery clogging pasta with cheese, mashed potatoes....yuck. Good food for a starving person but not exactly my cup of sake.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    My Christmas dinner, PL that I still am, will be fast food or something from an all you can eat buffet. But this will not always be so. Eventually I will have a Family of Choice, Comrades in Arms. Our women will take care of all of us, and we will provide comfort and support to each other. If you look at Burke closely, you'll see the prototypical abused child: hypervigilant, distrustful. He's so committed to his family of choice—not his DNA-biological family, which tortured him, or the state which raised him, but the family that he chose—that homicide is a natural consequence of injuring any of that family. He's not a hit man. But he shares the same religion I do, which is revenge. — Andrew Vachss, Horror Online, May 1999. [view link] SJG
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Having a Guinness Draught as I type! Goooood!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Looks like Chinese.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion