tuscl

Boobs vs Booze ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I usually don’t hobnob much w/ dancers nor club staff so I’m not too familiar w.r.t. the inner workings of strip clubs nor what may go on behind the scenes per se.

But it appears to me that perhaps the reason many clubs in certain areas may have abysmal mileage may be b/c of the nudity vs alcohol ordinance thing – i.e. if alcohol is served;’ then dancers may not be allowed to be in anything less than bikinis or be topless but not be able to touch the custies and vise-versa.

If this is the case, although there could be other factors; I would think a club that offers full-contact lap-dances and nudity, would probably do much better than a club that sells alcohol but offers very little mileage.

It is often stated clubs make the most $$$ from their alcohol sales and that may be true; but I would think a high mileage club would mean more PLs even w/o alcohol and maybe more money for the club in the long run (more cover charge fees from more custies and also perhaps higher cover fees; more dancers thus more house fees; etc).

I’m not a drinker; but I am a natural born PL; so I would def prefer a high-mileage non-alcohol club to a low-mileage alcohol club.

Thoughts?

Is the low mileage in many a club area due to the nudity vs alcohol divide? Is this the biggest reason from what you know/experience?

14 comments

• crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Boobs
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    There's no direct correlation between mileage and whether alcohol is served or nudity allowed. The most significant correlation is with attitude of management. If management has a setup that allows high mileage it will happen. If they don't it won't.

One of the highest mileage clubs in NJ is a bikini club that serves alcohol. It's basically a brothel. Every single dancer offers a full menu. I've also been to nude clubs where bouncers and the setup are not conducive to high mileage.

BTW, I have to give credit to Dougster for explaining this in response to one of my early PL career posts. I hypothesized that clubs with private lap dance booths consistently offered higher mileage. That's not true.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    Local tolerance has way more to do with it than whether or not alcohol is being sold. So as HG said, there is not correlation. However, the possibility of loosing your booze license over too much mileage can be a concern for clubs where alcohol is a major % of revenue.
  • tobala
    10 years ago
    I know in a lot of places you can't have full nudity and sell alcohol, but over the years I've gotten higher mileage at topless clubs anyway. I'm not much of a drinker either and I never drink in a club so I won't leave flat broke.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    It's a no brainer since I don't drink.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I'm also a non-drinker, and here in LA if you want serious mileage you have to go to the nude (non alcohol) clubs. The topless joints may offer some mileage, but it is usually nothing compared to the nude places. Usually there is plenty of booze in the DR's of the nude clubs, so often the girls are tipsy and the clubs tend to turn a blind eye to it as long as they don't go overboard and get visably drunk.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Alcohol has very little to do with whether a club has mileage. It's pretty much whatever management dictates, which may in turn be based on what LE would do with them if they got caught breaking the law, which is probably in turn based on how badly they want to keep their alcohol license. OTOH, I mostly go to BYOB clubs, but even they can be all over the chart as far as mileage goes.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi,

At least we don't have the problem here, so mileage is dictated by the clubs and dancers.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Local laws and regulations--and how actively they're enforced--have the most influence on mileage. Alcohol is a factor in that clubs with alcohol have an additional layer of regulation by the liquor commission and can lose their liquor license if they violate regulation.

Detroit, by the way, passed some very restrictive strip club rules a few years ago, but enforcement has been ignored.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    While many things influence mileage, the most important of which is the attitude of LE and management, I have also noticed that nude clubs have a clear tendency to have more extras. I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of high mileage topless places, but all other things being equal your more likely to get sex in a nude club. This might be because many of the nude clubs have no alcohol (and thus nine if the regulation that comes with serving alcohol) but I don't think so because many of the highest mileage nude clubs have alcohol and extras galore.

Bottom line: I think it's the strip club gods. They determine high vs low mileage, and they allocate the best ATFs to the most deserving among us. So when you have a great night at the club, be sure to thank them. They send ROBs to the non believers.
  • dr_lee
    10 years ago
    I rarely go to full nude clubs, but I'd think that a high-end topless club makes a killing just off of drinks, especially at the outrageous prices. You have to consider that a lot of customers might go to nude clubs solely to see the girls nude on stage, not necessarily spend all their money on dances. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
  • Subraman
    10 years ago
    When I go to full nude no-alcohol clubs, I'll often bring a bottle of spring water -- just like the ones they sell at the vending machine or snack bar -- but filled with vodka instead. All the girls who know me will rotate through the chair next to me, hanging out, groping, and drinking. The are no problems, only opportunities :)
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    I join in the general consensus that it's more a matter of the attitudes of management (both the top overall management and the individuals running operations onsite on a particular night) and the local authorities. Like JS69 said, there are clusters of very high mileage and extras-loaded clubs with alcohol (as in, almost everywhere in South Florida [nudes] or Detroit [topless]).

Though I must recognize, as mentioned by jackslash, that where there IS a liquor license that is something more that The Man can hold over the club's head -- and for some clubs an ACB [or whatever it's called in the state or county] query into a license violation is far more terrifying than any police raid.

• san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I don't drink, and I think it makes strip clubs better if their is no alcohol, not in the customers or in the dancers.

It certainly is one less set of regulations to get busted over too.

But, I notice that the metros with lots of mileage have lots of strip clubs per capita. You usually don't get this unless they are also offering alcohol. Consider Portland.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion