tuscl

New Canadian Laws

Lou_Lou
Pennsylvania
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:12 AM
I will be going up to Mississauga , Ontario in a couple weeks. I heard there are new laws that took effect Dec 7 regarding strip clubs and massage parlors Does anyone have any info on this.

6 comments

• motorhead
    10 years ago
    No
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Here is what was said last month about it. [view link]
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I haven't been in Dec, but I was there just before Thanksgiving and didn't see much of a change. It came up in conversation a few times, and most of the dancers seemed to be taking a wait and see approach. My thinking was basically that it may become a little less matter-of-fact, but that really nothing would change unless/until some arrests were made.
  • bluemonday
    10 years ago
    check out articles section too for a little more discussion... also: all you need to know about the law is here if you can be bothered to read it (and indeed understand it all !) search for: "Technical Paper: Bill C-36, Protection of Communities and Exploited Persons Act" for the full details of the law. the following sexual service act, is now seems to be illegal in terms of the new law: "lap-dancing, which involves sitting in the client’s lap and simulating sexual intercourse" (obviously it seems now any 'extras' are deemed illegal, eg. "masturbation of a client in the context of a massage parlour, whether or not the client climaxes"). stripping is clearly stated as being legal. lap dancing may be open to some interpretation but should be deemed as entirely legal, with the exception of the named above act, but even then who knows ? it seems a very unclear law and therefore pretty much impossible to police and/or enforce. with regard to mississauga clubs, comments on other msg boards about the clubs there (atlantis/invader etc) report business as usual so far, the only change being a few girls are now quicker to offer otc and/or work from hotel rooms for extras. there have been no 'raids' or any other nonsense so far, hopefully will all blow over. prob will end up the same as elsewhere, with some clubs still having extras and others being just airdances, depending on local authorities and their own by-laws.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Mellons
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Lap dances are already illegal in the province of Manitoba. And paying a girl to dance nude on a mini-stage in front of you is just plain pointless.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion