tuscl

Smoke Machine

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Personally – I hate SCs that do that smoke machine crap.

Personally – I don’t see any need for it whatsoever.

The only thing it does for me is irritate my eyes and further obscure the view of the ladies.

Any of your clubs do this crap?

31 comments

• Dougster
    10 years ago
    You mean the dry ice thing? They have it at the new Rick's in Seattle. All smoke and mirrors!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Dry ice? Had no idea that is what is was called – are we talking about the same thing?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I think that's how they do it. Sometimes looks okay with a laser show. The smell isn't great but not too bad either.

Also saw it at the Rick's Cabaret club in El Paso.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ah - ok
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Dry ice creates fog Papi. It typically hugs the floor. As a teen I'd make something I called "swelling itchy brain" in the sink. You drop dry ice into soapy water and you get these really coo-el bubbles. Foggy floor and swelling itchy brain in the sink is great fun if you're stoned.

There are smoke machines that work using other mechanisms too. But dry ice is frickin' fun!!!
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Whether it’s dry ice; wet ice; or smoke from a damn chimney – it annoys the hell out of me (guess I’m getting older and grumpier).
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    The only club I go to having the smoke thing going on is Bourbon Street Circus in Phoenix. I really don't care for it and certainly do not know why they do it. They've got the hottests dancers in town and they have no need to obscure the view.

And I've not been there a lot lately so not sure if they always have it going or not?
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Saw it once at a nude club in Austin. Tx. My first thought was that there must have been a fire. Idiotic practice. Why woukd we want our nude women surrounded by smoke
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    True dat JS69 dude. The ol' swelling itchy brain is fun if you're all stoned, but not as fun as checkin' out nekkid HAWT chicks!
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Unfortunately my fave club has one and I agree that it's pretty stupid. I haven't met any dancer there that actually likes it.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I've seen it in the past but I don't remember where. Thankfully none of my current clubs do it.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Smoke on the water
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Smoke gets in your Eyes
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    My favorite club at the time tried it out back in the '90s. One night my eyes and sinuses got so irritated, I told the ladies sitting with me that I had to leave because of it. I don't think I was the only one either because that fog machine didn't see much use after that.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'm just a smoke machine
    And I work for nobody but you
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    One of my regular clubs used to use one of those when it was new back in 2004, but I don't think it saw much use for most of the club's history, and when they renovated the club in the last couple years, they got rid of it. I think after the first couple years, the only time anyone ever used it was when they had a feature dancer. I think I've been to a couple other clubs that had one, but I can't remember where for sure. I want to say one of them is one of the Des Moines clubs, but I don't remember which one.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I sometimes see the "smoke" in clubs but I've never noticed an odor.

Dry ice = frozen carbon dioxide. As it evaporates, it creates a fog.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I don't think its dry ice. I'd think they would elevat the level of CO2 in the room. Not harmful even so, but uncomfortable.

Whatever it is, I agree that it's annoying.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    ^^^
    Wikipedia is your friend my brothers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_machine

There are smoke (or fog) machines that work using multiple methods. Some dry ice, some don't. Apparently some use liquid nitrogen or liquid air. I did not know that part.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    And I'll agree that it is annoying.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I really hate it when strippers blow smoke up my ass. :)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "All smoke and mirrors!"

Wait, are we talking strip clubs or the economic boom?
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    A couple bands ago we had a smoke machine. You pour a liquid into it and it makes a nice fog. Kind of smells like a dry cleaners shop but not too bad. It's cool with lasers and a mirror ball. We'd use it for one of long originals that started slow and then cranked a la Stairway. Funny thing was that the first time we used it at practice it set off the smoke alarm! Never saw one in a SC though.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Not many places use them anymore. In more recent times, I've seen the Foxy Lady in Brockton (MA), Cheetah in Atlanta and one club in Topeka (KS) use them, but otherwise I have not seen one used in a long time.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi,

I don't recall ever seeing one in use. Maybe I've just been lucky.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I shit on a smoke machine once
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    Did that cause brown smoke to come out of it!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    ^^^ yes, it was a real crappy experience
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I’m gonna fuck that smoke machine in the pussy
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    Your gonna fuck the smoke machine in the pussy? Thats retarded. Smoke machines don't have a pussy. I like smoke machines. I get nervous when I see naked girls because my mommy whipped me with a wire hanger when I hid in her closet and spied on her. She told me I would go blind if I saw a naked girl. So I like it when the smoke hides the girls. I want to like naked girls but I jest dont like them. So smoke makes them safe.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion