tuscl

Boycott the dreaded Club O Gentlemen's Club in Harvey, Illinois!!!

Saturday, November 8, 2014 3:29 PM
From the way the dreaded Club O Gentlemen's Club in the Chicago, Illinois south suburb of Harvey has been ruthlessly blocking me and blocking me on their Facebook page for posting warnings that the club sits in a bad area, and also the fact that the club has hidden it's "Reviews" section on it's Facebook page, I can pretty much guarantee that Club O is likely run by violent gangs, possibly even either the MS-13, the Los Zetas, or both. To make matters worse, less than 300 feet from Club O's entrance, there is a vacant hotel; the 4 story Chicago Park Hotel. Abandoned and vacant since at least 2008, the Chicago Park Hotel is a buzzing hornet's nest of cop killers, serial killers, fugitives, some likely even wanted by the FBI and the U.S. Marshals, flash mobs, gang bangers, crack labs, meth labs, and who knows what else. Those criminals at that vacant hotel shoot at passing cars, they shoot and kill innocent people and then swarm like wasps and rob the victim of everything. They shoot, murder, and then rob people going to and from Club O, while the bouncers can only stand by helpless to aid the victim and/or stop the violence (what chance do club bouncers stand against packs of ruthless cop killers with AK-47s and MAC-10s). My guess is, they also even shoot and kill news broadcasters that set up in the area, and they fire their guns and rifles at helicopters that fly overhead.

18 comments

• smokeybear
    10 years ago
    And truthfully, Club O Gentlemen's Club sits in a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad neighborhood!
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Isn't Club O owned by Rick's now? Also, I've been there a few times and never encountered any issues, including the time I walked over there from a nearby hotel. I don't know, but it sounds like someone might have been snubbed and is passing out bad info. on here. I'm shocked. ;)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @rick - you walked to the club? Risky. You probably just missed being snatched and held for ransom by MS-13. Next time, call Unter!
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I have heard bad things about the area around Club O, but nothing like this. In any event, Industrial Strip is a much better choice that is fairly close in my opinion.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    Seems like you should put that in a review for the club. ???
  • smokeybear
    10 years ago
    In fact, my mother used to go through Harvey when she was a substance abuse counselor, and she was terrified to death driving through Harvey in broad daylight! From what she tells me, Harvey was nothing but crack houses, meth labs, killers hanging out on the street corners with their AK-47s, MAC-10s, and Colt-45s, and lots of other scary things. If Harvey is that bad in broad daylight, it has got to be like a scene out of the 1992 Los Angeles riots at night! And apparently, Club O is open until 4 and 5 in the morning.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I hear that Club O is the secret lair of Dr. No.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    I just have to respond to this hyperbolic hogwash. I'm an older white guy, overweight and out of shape, who stays in Harvey several times a year. Usually I'm either attending a conference or doing some sightseeing somewhere around Chicago, but I always attach a day or two for the carnal pleasures of my favorite Chicagoland clubs: Club O and Skybox in Harvey, Club 390 and Jimmy's in Chicago Heights. Over the past half dozen years I've probably been to Club O and Club 390 twenty times each and Skybox and Jimmy's three times each without incident. Though all of my visits to Club O have been in the afternoon, most of the others have taken place in the evening. I always stay at one of the budget motels near the Halsted St. exit off I-294/80: Red Carpet Inn, Days Inn, or Super 8. I have very often driven and gone to restaurants in Harvey at night. Perhaps I'm just lucky, or perhaps you're just a little paranoid.
  • ww
    10 years ago
    Yeah...the OP is definitely exaggerating about this area. Harvey is not a great area, but its nothing like the truly bad areas of Chicago (or Detroit, which this board loves to so much). Why "boycott" a club? If you don't like it, just don't go...Club O has been around for years, so if they haven't felt a need to move by now, they most likely won't (and I'm not a fan of Club O BTW). And why are you jocking their facebook page so much, telling folks what everyone already knows??? Why single them out against all the other clubs residing in the same place?
  • smokeybear
    10 years ago
    It's not just Club O that has been under media attack, it's also Club 390 in Chicago Heights, Jimmy's Gentlemen's Club in Chicago Heights, Skybox Steak and Sports Bar in Harvey, and the most dangerous of the lot; Atlantis Gentlemen's Club in Ford Heights. I boycott it because those clubs always enjoy advertising themselves all over the place. Club 390, Skybox, and Club O have also even had billboard ads next to major highways. When they do that, too many innocent people take the bait, go to those clubs to try them out, and often end up getting gunned down, murdered, and then robbed, sometimes even before they reach the club entrance. And I really feel for all those people who wanted nothing to do with the gangs or mobs, just to relieve some sexual fantasies at those south side clubs, but trouble came up, crunched them down, and spat out their skeletons. Also, by the way, Halsted goes through ALL bad neighborhoods nonstop from Lawrence Avenue (4800 north in Chicago proper) all the way south to Steger Road (23100 south).
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    "often end up getting gunned down, murdered, and then robbed, sometimes even before they reach the club entrance" How often? If any of this is true, give us some links to reputable news sources that will document your accusations.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    It's safe to drive to Industrial Strip. You've gotta me kidding me.
  • ww
    10 years ago
    @jackslash...don't hold ur breath...it's not true. This guy is going to all kinds of websites posting this same crap. Wake me up when more people join the bandwagon. With all the reviews that Arnies gets, the worse I ever see any one say is the 'hood is "kinda sketchy". Which doesn't seem to keep them from getting out their car and going in.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Club O is right off the highway. The only part about visiting that club that was tricky the first time or two was finding that back access road to actually get into the club, but everyone has gps now on their phones, so that shouldn't be an issue anymore. This guy is just shilling for a shithole out in Elgin that has little talent, charges $50 for a LD and cannot even serve alcohol.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Sorry Smokey. Nobody seems to be buying what you're selling. There has never been a shooting outside Club O that I have heard of Ever. Not one. I did read about a unlicensed club/brothel copped out and closed down a few feet from the Club O entrance. So what -- they were brazen and went too far! With the entrance 50 feet from the expressway entrance, nothing bad is gonna happen to you. In fact, has there ever been a 2 AMer outside ANY club in the area we are discussing. If there was, Shadow would know. Without facts to the contrary, I intend to continue to enjoy these places when in the area.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Smokeybear seems to have issues – he was railing the same kinda stuff in a thread about 1.5 yrs ago: [view link]
  • smokeybear
    10 years ago
    That's because Crook County, Illinois sweeps it's violence under the rug, as do those gangster mayors of Harvey, Chicago Heights, Ford Heights, and all of those south suburbs of Chicago east of Cicero Avenue, and also the towns/cities west of the Merrillville/Gary, Indiana corridor.
  • smokeybear
    10 years ago
    To make matters worse, even news broadcasters have been shot and murdered while broadcasting in Harvey, Chicago Heights, and Ford Heights especially, as well as in all of northern Lake County, Indiana.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion