tuscl

Booze And Strip Clubs

Saturday, October 25, 2014 4:35 AM
Because of serious health problems my life long love affair with beer, single malts, and Bordeaux is over. My health problems are unrelated to my previous booze consumption but those same problems demand that I remove all alcohol from my diet. Booze has always been my companion on my strip club visits, save when I was driving a vehicle. Mostly, booze has been a jolly companion for me. I really can't see that future strip club visits will have the same pleasure for me. The simple facts are these......I like beer and I like watching naked girls. I especially like beer when I am ogling naked dancers in a strip club. What the hell am I going to do with the contents of my wine cellar and my stash of single malts?

25 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Um, I could send you my address. I'd be glad to remove the temptation. Especially the whisky. More seriously, if there are some valuable ones, auction some of them off for charity. Give them to friends for birthdays.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Art, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I also enjoy drinking at strip clubs, and I have the best times when I'm buzzed and leering at naked women. Outside the clubs, I don't drink much. I have tried sitting in strip clubs and drinking only water or drinking only one beer, but then the girls are not as attractive as usual.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I gave up alcohol 8 years ago and it has not affected my enjoyment of strip clubbing at all. In fact may have made it better. At my ago alcohol is a hindrance to good hard ons. Give it a try Art. You might be surprised.
  • RickyBoyDugan
    10 years ago
    farmerart: "Booze has always been my companion on my strip club visits, save when I was driving a vehicle. " I with you that booze is a great friend. Totally helps me drown out my sorrows about my failure to be the Gordon Gekko that I had planed to be. You should be a real man though (like me!) and just go ahead and drink and drive.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    fa, Sorry to hear of your health issues, but they are just a message to let us know we aren't 21 any longer. Lucky for me, most of my issues these days are self inflicted. :)
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Sorry to hear that, Art. Hopefully wagyu is not off your diet.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Good health to you my friend. I typically don't drink booze in strip clubs anyway. My judgement is rather impaired even without the alcohol.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I go to clubs to get drunk on nude women. Never needed alcohol to have a great time.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I have to drink a lot to feel any effect. At one club they serve non alcoholic beer after midnight. That means most of the time I am completely sober. If you just like the taste, is it possible to drink just half a glass or a quarter of a glass and no more for the day? That would be like having everything with moderation. Your collection would last 4 times as long unless it would expire long before then. If you need to get rid of part of your collection and it's worth money, sell it or give it to friends. At least you might get high fives from your friends.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    It takes will power not to drink in strip clubs especially if dancers come up to you and ask, why aren't you drinking? You can make up excuses or say health issues and then they might drop it unless they know someone who is diabetic and want to probe without thinking that's in bad taste. I have gone to strip clubs before and not drunk anything alcoholic. I was taking medicine one time. I was thinking it is something you can get used to. Seems like a killjoy at first. Other times I've been asked the question about not drinking and I already cut myself off for the night. Some waitresses get pushy about not buying drinks. I found that any drink sitting on your table keeps them at bay even if you never drank any of it for a long tIme.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    I'll try this. I have gotten way to tipsy the last couple of times. And totally blew way more than I planned to in a drunken euphoria.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I used to have one drink when I went to such places. But the motor vehicle laws have gotten tougher. I also note that for General Aviation I think it is 24 hours dry. I do want to learn to fly someday. But also, I think that is just the right way, dry. I also see what alcohol does to people's lives. They have no center. They don't learn to feel their own feelings. I seek something very similar to Buddhist Mindfulness, and I work towards this continually. So alcohol does not help. Of course it does not help with the mechanics of sex. But it also interferes with just being able to talk with girls and being able to engage in verbal and f2f intimacy, and this is what really gets to them. With most of them, once they see that I don't drink, that really makes a good impression on them. So I don't drink at all now. I too am sorry to hear about your health problems. I gather also that probably the environment you live in has lots of hard drinking. I'm sure you know that the nude clubs in CA have no alcohol. I think that makes it better. Less problems, less need for security. Most of all, the girls won't be drinking. Less likely they will have drinking problems. Easier to engage with them. Where I live the two nude clubs aren't that big of a deal. But I do plan to be places like that SoCal strip which starts in COI. I am looking forwards to the encounters with their women, without alcohol. SJG Rolling Stones, 2012 [view link]
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Sorry to hear about the health problems, farmerart, but congrats on kicking the alcohol. One way you can look at it is that you'll be saving more money for lap dances! I've never been a drinker myself. Over a period of maybe two years, I knew three people who got killed in alcohol-related accidents; it really put a bit of a damper on any aspirations to drink. I've also had to deal with too many people who really regretted getting drunk the night before, not just because of the hangovers but because of things that they had done, including losing their jobs and SOs. 'Sides, I've always felt that if you had to drink to have fun, you really weren't having fun. A bit prudish, perhaps, but I never got into any trouble because of it either; in situations like those, I guess you really can learn from other people's mistakes.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Sorry about the health stuff, Art. I also gave up the sauce during SC visits about 10 years ago when an inebriated friend got behind the wheel after one of our famous debaucherous SC outings and wrapped himself around a tree. I swore never again and I haven't since. And I found that my visits were better w/o booze - now I remember every sight, touch, smell, and action that occurs between me & the dancers, and I no longer empty out my bank account during drunken ATM visits. Viva sobriety!
  • snowtime
    10 years ago
    Art, good luck with your health issues. You and I are about the same age and I have been going to clubs regularly for many years. I have consumed a few beers in clubs, but usually just get a soda or bottle of water. I think you will find that your strip club experience will not get worse, and may even improve. I don't want to risk a DUI and most strip club roads are carefully watched by the police. Also I like to have a level head when deciding how to spend my money in a strip club. While the alcohol might improve the looks of a dancer, you may have buyer's remorse when you see the same girl in a sober situation.
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    I will take your wine from you. I am not a fan of single malts but I know some people that would enjoy them if you want to depart with those as well.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Maybe you can trade some of it for some OTC action?
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Sorry to hear about the health issues art. Just use the liquor to entice disco dollies to a life of vice.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    farmerart, I really feel your pain on this! I recently discovered that I was wheat and corn gluten intolerant. Prepared foods are now landmines waiting to get me, not to mention wiping some of my favorite foods from my diet or forcing me to less palatable alternatives. On the flip side, I am now losing weight, my bp is down and I feel better than I have in years. I suspect that it will be much the same for you. I'm also betting that the biggest challenge for you will be in plain bars while hanging with your oil field and rig pig buddies. A short and honest answer will stop most of them, and your real friends will stop the ones who don't. What to do with your stash of wine and scotch? I would sell maybe 3/4 of it and donate the proceeds to charity. The rest I would keep around for gifts and to be a gracious host. Good luck with this next stage of your life!
  • IanSmith
    10 years ago
    “What have you got that a man could drink with just a minimum risk of blindness and death?” ?Cormac McCarthy What’s next? No red meat? A strictly porridge, salt and sugar free diet? What is the point of living longer if you can’t enjoy life? I guess everyone needs to answer that question for themselves. Save your liquor and hope that your situation improves so you can return to imbibing in the blessed gift that alcohol is.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I could give up drinking in strip clubs easily, or even the majority of all my alcohol consumption. Giving it up in totality would be painful and difficult on par with giving up fine food.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Art, I didn't mention the abstinence issue because I didn't really think it was important. My experience not drinking in clubs leads me to believe that it's still fun. I'm guessing you'll not miss it overmuch, to be honest.
  • HungryGiraffe
    10 years ago
    Art, I don't drink in clubs either. My favorite drink is a mix of cranberry and orange juice, or ginger ale and orange juice. All the best to you, as you work to improve your health.
  • Experimental
    10 years ago
    Art, meet mary jane.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    I feel your pain Art. I have to admit that alcohol is such an integral part of my clubbing experience that doing without it would be a difficult adjustment for me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion