tuscl

OT: OpenTable Says These Are The Best US Restaurants For Foodies

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:03 AM
For my fellow foodies: [view link] Way to go Portland!

19 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Only problem with food lists is that my tastebuds differ from these reviewers. I suscribe to Los Angeles Magazine and their readers and food critics would disagree with the So Cal picks.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    For those of us who aren't 16 y/o girls. WTF is a foody?
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    C'mon Dougsta...you know, foodies are folks like Juice who focus on the quality of their dining experience. I'm sure the Juiceman hits the restaurant a and they are already bringing him his favorite wine (Boone's Farm with an extra shot of Everclear) and a fresh bag of Cheetos. Then a bit of the Colonel's XXXtra KRIS-pay for the entree. The Juiceman is quite discerning. He swirls that Boone's Farm and sniffs deeply, salvors the Cheetos, and is highly demanding with respect to the chicken. #sausage.fingers
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Fuck you jackie
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Been meaning to get to this place, I hear the ham hocks are to die for! [view link]
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    I'll go by TripAdvisor's Top Ten BBQ Spots in America when looking for places to eat. Screw foodies. Great food is my measure of where to eat.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^Phil's BBQ in San Diego is great and pretty well known. Guy Fieri covered it.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Fieri goes to places that look good,but that guy is a total twat.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Saying a restaurant is the best, is just like saying she is the most beautiful. Only to the one saying that, perhaps.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I've noticed that steve229 has trouble answering direct question. Like here he never did answer what a "foodie" is. So I visited urbandictionary and found these: ***** 1. Foodie A douchebag who likes food. Douchebag - "I'm a big foodie." Non-doucher - "Really? I like food too, but I'm not a tool." ***** 2. foodie A dumbed-down term used by corporate marketing forces to infantilize and increase consumerism in an increasingly simple-minded American magazine reading audience. The addition of the long "e" sound on the end of a common word is used to create the sensation of being part of a group in isolationist urban society, while also feminizing the term to subconsciously foster submission to ever-present market sources. Though the terms "gastronome" and "epicure" define the same thing, i.e. a person who enjoys food for pleasure, these words are perceived by the modern American consumer as elitist due to their latin root forms and polysyllabic pronunciations. Also spelled "foody" This newest repackaging of Third World derived ingredients in the latest Trader Joe's product is ever so delicious and different, it's really made for all you foodies out there to BUY NOW! ***** Now surely those definition must be off? How could everybody's favorite 16 y/o girl be a douchebag or someone easily influenced by the media (because he watches it 22.5 hours a day?) So what is a "foodie" really?
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    A foodie is any person who eats food.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Yeah "a person who enjoys eating food". Implying there are some won't don't enjoy eating? So anyone who does not have an eating disorder?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    It's nice to hear that steve229 is a "foodie" and not an anorexic. Anorexia seems to most commonly occur amongst sixteen y/o girls. So she would be at relatively high risk.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Maybe "foodie" is really just a synonym for "faggot".
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Nothing to say for yourself, foodie-boy?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Lol!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    steve229 the Female Foodie Faggot.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Foodies Unite!
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Let's start a club.