tuscl

VIP Room Dancer Cut ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I’m not much of an extras guy but partake every now and then.

There is a Latin dive down here in Miami that I go to from time to time where VIP rooms are often more common than lap-dances and many of the dancers prefer to not even bother w/ LDs and want to do extras.

There is a dancer there that always convinces me to do a VIP (and sometimes 2) w/ her – I always feel comfortable w/ her – she’ll spend an hour w/ me just talking; etc – and she’s is in her 30s but looks very very good – so all this adds to her always convincing me to do VIP and I have a liking to her as a person (but primarily as vagina of course – what kind of TUSCLer do you think I am).

Anyway – I don’t like to haggle nor undercut the going rate w/ $200 for FS being the going rate pretty much for South Florida – but this club; which is a dive; charges $100 per 30-min for the small VIP room which is ok but not great and $150 per 30 min for the larger VIP room which is a bit bigger but nothing fancy.

I always opt for the smaller VIP room b/c I hate giving the club $150 for freaking 30 minutes – I even hate giving $100 for 30 mins – for those rates one can get a room for a whole night at a decent hotel.

Last time I was at this club; I did not want to get w/ the dancer I mentioned above b/c I wanted to try some other dancers and the mentioned dancer pretty much cockblocks me all night and she has been at the club a long time and seems to have some sort of seniority thus other dancers don’t approach me.

Anyway to my point (finally – geez).

I thought I was being good to this dancer by dolling out a total of 300 bucks for VIP so she could get her $200 – but other TUSCLers seem to be mentioning a dancer cut of the VIP room fee. Is this the norm – i.e. dancers getting a cut of the room fee on top of what we negotiate w/ them?

20 comments

• shanny72
    10 years ago
    In my experience, yes. Most will not tell what percentage it is but they definitely get theirs.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Generally speaking, yes. I know that's the case with all of the clubs here in Louisville, and has been the case in every club at which such private rooms were available that I've ever visited. Locally, the dancer gets around 50% of the cost of the room. It varies from club to club, but it's around there. Though apparently some clubs are experimenting with a higher percentage, like 70%, going to the dancer. I wonder how that's going to work out for them.

I understand there are some clubs at which this is not the case, that all of the room feed stays with the club, and the dancer is on her own for any "tips", but I've never actually been in one of those that I know of.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    The dancer who has recently provided me with several very pleasant experiences in the "Champagne Room" at Club Rio, a middle-brow club in Indianapolis, tells me that she gets $120 of the $150 that I pay to rent the room for 30 minutes. One of her endearing features is that she doesn't expect much of a tip for excellent service rendered. I usually give her $30-50 and she seems more than satisfied, but of course she is therefore clearing $150-170 for half an hour.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    In most Atlanta clubs the 30 minute rate is under $60 and at those clubs I doubt the dancer gets a cut. At my favorite club I have gotten the VIP room charge comped 4 times. The dancers certainly would have bitched if they didn't get a cut.

At the Platinum Plus chain the hourly rate for a Champagne Room is a bottle of booze. Cheapest being around $300. The dancer gets a chit for a free tip out. Depending on the time of day that might save then $30-60.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    xATF told me she paid a house fee to dance based on what day it was and when her shift started and then all LD/rooms was 50/50 split in that club... FWIW
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Practices vary from region to region, but generally speaking, if you are paying a VIP room fee that is $100 or higher, then she is getting a cut. In places where the club is really only charging for its cut upfront, rarely does it exceed $70 and in some places it is as low as $30-40.

So keep that in mind when you are negotiating the price. In addition to the $200 tip for services rendered, she is probably keeping $50 or more from the room fee. Not a bad take at all for 15 minutes of work, lol.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I've seen it happen all kinds of ways depending on the club and the area of the country. Sometimes the club keeps the room fee, and she keeps the dancer fee. Other times, one or both fees are split.

As a general proposition, I think the higher the fee is the more likely it is to be split. Somewhere around $100-$150 of either type of fee is my sense of the threshold where a split becomes more likely. Also, if you have to hand the money to a bouncer, then a split is inevitable. Sometimes the bouncer will give the girl her cut before you go into the room, so if you pay attention you can see how much the club keeps.

Other than these general rules, the only way to know is to ask. I would try expressing sympathy with how much the club takes of their money, and use that as an opening to ask how much it is. But of course, they can lie and might do so as a way to try and get a bigger tip. I generally believe this sort of information only if I hear the same numbers from two or three different girls.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @papi - at one club I used to frequent you bought the VIP rooms from the bartender, and she would ring it up on a regular sales slip, just like a bar tab. The sales slip had the dancer's name and her cut of the fee listed, something like a 60/40 split in favor of the house.
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    it all depends on the club
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    What Bang said.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    I agree with Slick.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    I recently took a dancer from Mass. to a club in RI ( did I violate the Mann Act?) and she was telling the dancers there about the rates and fees at her club. They were surprised that she didn't have to pay a house fee and drew a paycheck, but they were horrified that she didn't get a cut of the VIP room rental ($90 to the club; $100 to the dancer for 30 minutes). Here's two clubs , 30 minutes apart with very different rates, procedures, and pay-outs.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I think the clubs are getting too much money for the VIP Room use. They are able to get this because it is still too clandestine.

Thanks to Papi_Chulo for starting this thread. On an earlier thread he did mention Lover's Motels. We should be looking to these and to AMPs/AAMPs for some rate sanity check. Excessive money going to the house should be an issue to consider when looking at the overall quality of GFE / FS being offered.

SJG

King Crimson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW6T5tXQ1…
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    The reason I rambled on in my OP is b/c as I stated; on my last visit I turned down the mentioned dancer b/c I wanted to try other dancers on that visit – yet she worked me over for like 45 minutes trying to convince me to get a VIP w/ her.

This dive I mentioned in the OP is a big time hustle w/ $20 dancer drinks. Now that it has been mentioned that often times a dancer gets a cut of the VIP room; I can see why she was working me so hard b/c she may have been getting at least an extra $50 of the $100 room fee, on top of the $200 I was giving her.

The way it works at this dive; the dancer tells a waitress about the VIP and the waitress “takes care of it”.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    P.S.

Thanks to those that endured my long-winded OP and offered up valuable info.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Just in cad you're wondering, Papi, the dancers around here get a cut of the drink hustle as well as the lap dances and VIP rooms.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^ Damn – that’s cold – all part of the game I guess.
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    At most of the dive bars in Washington Park, IL (near ESL) the pricing for VIP rooms is quite different from that in more posh "gentleman's clubs". At Blondie's, Cheeks, C-Mowe's, and Wise Guys the house gets $20-40 for 30 minutes in the VIP room and the "dancer" negotiates her fee for the service that she renders there. So typically a BBBJ will cost $20 to the house and $120 to her or maybe $40 to the house and $100 to her.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    SJG could you please describe strip club practices in splitting fees with dancers in Santa Clara county over the past 100 years. Thanks.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Mr. Deuce, that sounds much better to me! I think you are talking about both the black and the white places too.

SJG

Stones ft Lisa Fischer
    Gimme Shelter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kl6q_9qZ…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion