tuscl

I am - You are?

Clubber
Florida
After someone ranted at a political post, I had to do one, so here it is.

I am Conservative, 65 years old. You are...?

34 comments

• Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    I say I am a mixture between parties
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Agnostic.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    America first, conservative.
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Male....horny
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    I am the eggman. I am the walrus. Koo koo ka fucking choo.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I am Sam. Sam I am.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Male, heterosexual, employed, voting, tax paying, gun owning, American in his 50s who drives a truck. I'll let you guess my political leanings.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'm part of the 3W Party-Weed, Women, and Winchester.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Old enough to know better but also old enough to not give a shit.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc,

I'm gettin' to that DGAS stage, but not there yet. My kids, they, I care about in this mess.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Clubber - I was referring to strip clubs and politics. :)
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I can get behind jerikson40's answer, but I'm more of a space cowboy/midnight toker type myself.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I'm a social liberal and political anarchist.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Fiscally conservative and socially liberal.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Same as sclvr5005 with a touch of Libertarian thrown in for good measure. Sometimes I feel like a Bill Weld Republican, but live in an area where Barney Frank was my rep in Congress and Ted Kennedy was my Senator for decades. Can you say liberal?
  • Holdem2
    10 years ago
    I'm a conservative leaning independent. I thought Bush was an idiot and find Obama to be worse even though I voted for him once.

Politicians and Lawyers suck.

Government should spend only what it takes in. I want to help people who can't help themselves but I don't want to support people who are capable of working and choose not to.

Midwest - 35 mostly white blue collared male

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Atheist. Adam Smith Libertarian and Constitutional. Barry Goldwater was a good, unappreciated man.
  • looneylarry
    10 years ago
    gmd, if Barry Goldwater was still around, he'd want to strangle Louie Gohmert, and I'd cheer him on.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Wow Gawker u are close by and I know Barney. I am a Republican. A Rockerfeller Republican. Social moderate; pro military; fiscal conservative etc. I view Progresives the same way I view the klan, just less interested in America's well-being. I despise Government, especially large Government and view the Feds as my sworn enemy.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hey Clubber, Skibum, I noticed the peanut gallery (TacoChip, rainman, Jokerless) didn't pipe up this time. Must be the way I word things.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I am Canadian but I can't stomach Molson Canadian beer.

I have voted for every political party under the Canadian sun and we have way more of them than do you Americans.
  • Otto22
    10 years ago
    Like Clubber but a year older.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I am shallow. Sports are more important to me than politics.

I live for the Big 10 basketball season.
  • juiicebox69
    10 years ago
    Im da juiceman I due wut I want !
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    rainman.... I like that lol
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @looneylarry: I suspect *most* of today's "Republicans" would be targets for a hypothetical "Arizona Strangler". Including both Bush's and virtually every single Tea Party bozo in the country.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    same as sclvr also.

@farmerart - my fave beer in college was Molson Golden. I can't find it anywhere here on the west coast, so I usually will have either a Labatts or a Moosehead.

Ahhh the blurry memories it brings back.....
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Seems some never learn. I think the reason is history for most people starts the day they are born. My history did and with the input of parents and grandparents that went trough WWI, prohibition, WWII, and the rest of what went on. I learned a lot.

Many youngsters of today have no clue. Even the history books of today are mostly BS!!!

How many were there and remember when "Under God" was added to the Pledge Of Allegiance"?

It is a very different country then when I grew up!
  • MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    Right/libertarian. Political heroes: Goldwater, Reagan, Ron Paul. Quotes du jour:

People should not be afraid of their governments.
    Governments should be afraid of their people.
    . . . V in "V for Vendetta"

War is the health of the state.
    . . . Randolph Bourne

• Clubber
    10 years ago
    Some interesting responses. Being a conservative, I sometimes have a momentary bit of confusion justifying my SC endeavor with that political climate.

Oh well, like sc said, "Old enough to know better but also old enough to not give a shit."
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Clubber, dude... You're a sensible guy. Why buy into the aspect of conservative thought that says strip clubs (or commercial sex more generally) is a bad thing?

There are a lot of areas where liberals and conservatives should be making common cause. Like the militarization of the local police, driven in large part by the drug war.

Now I don't do drugs. I don't live in a state with legal marijuana and harder drugs are just plain a bad idea.

However, the point is that we are spending a LOT of money to capture and jail people for stuff they are doing to themselves. I would think that a conservative would say "stop spending my tax dollars to arrest and jail otherwise law abiding citizens for behavior that is self-destructive but doesn't affect me". Maybe it affects you indirectly, but a lot of that is easy to deal with. I.e., if you're an employer you fire folks if they let drinking (currently legal, of course) or drugging interfer with the job. But it isn't your business beyond that. If somebody loses their job because they're stoned at work, you get rid of them.

A liberal should say "we're ruining lives by sending non-violent drug users to prison, destroying their future job prospects, and training them to be real criminals" (I firmly believe that prison is like a trade school for criminals). And when the cops make a mistake -- and they do -- they harass law abiding citizens, shoot their dogs, and otherwise behave like real fascists.

Commercial sex is the same deal. Involuntary pimping should be a crime. Being a public nuisance like walking the streets should be a crime. Knowingly spreading STDs through commercial sex should be a crime.

But some girl (OVER 18!!!) that willingly sells sexual services. Why is that a crime?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    zip,

I don't "buy into" it. That is my point. I think, socially, I am much more liberal. However, there are many aspects of the social political scene I am still conservative.

All that said, it just depends on the issue.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I am 4,440 years old. There can be only One!

Now name that tv show?

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Sharkhunter-Highlander?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion