tuscl

A sad day for us all

A sad day indeed. From The Detroit News:

Sunday, July 3, 2005

Topless bar gets license suspended

The state's Liquor Control Commission has ordered a seven-day suspension of the Flight Club's liquor license after a series of investigations by sheriff's deputies at the topless bar found patrons and dancers engaged in simulated and actual sex acts. The suspension will be in effect through Thursday; the club may serve food, but deputies will return to the club to ensure the owners do not violate the suspension.

5 comments

• GooberMan
    19 years ago
    Let me guess:

None of the elected women look good enough ever to work in a strip club.

Am I right?

This statement from a stripper bears repeating:

"Women who oppose strip clubs just want to keep the pussy power at home."

I like what Ayn Rand said about this:

"Denouncing masculine oppression, Women's Lib screams protests against the policy of regarding women as 'sex objects'--through speakers who, too obviously, are in no such danger."
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I think the real sad day was when the city of Detroit elected women to run the city. It's all downhill from there.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    This is not the first time that the Detroit area Flight Club has been shut down. The dancers are just a little aggressive and the word gets around. I have posted this information before, but don't forget that Michigan has a liberal Democratic woman governor, Jennifer Granholm, who is trying to move to the center to get re-elected in 2006. The 9 member Detroit city council is 7-2 women over men, with all of the women public opposed to SC's. This year is a city election and, even though the Flight Club is in the suburbs, everyone wants to claim that they are on the right side of the "values" debate. Dearborn, where the Flight Club is located, is a neo-conservative stronghold fighting against declining population and what they fear is creeping blight. So hitting a club makes every politician, city and suburbs, look good.
  • GooberMan
    19 years ago
    I would also like to know more about this "simulated sex act" notion. A good lap dance will always simulate sex in some way.
  • Jpac73
    19 years ago
    What's wrong with a stripper "simulating" a sexual act? It's hard to have any real fun any more at most stripclubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion