tuscl

Girls And Cars

Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:42 PM
I exhibited my 1948 Packard Custom Eight at an auto show today. There were two older cars than mine at this show - a mid-1920s Model T and a late 1930s LaSalle. All the rest were from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s; with 1960s muscle cars being the most popular variety in the show. What really interested me was the way women of different ages interacted with the cars on display. Virtually all of the over 50 crowd of women gravitated to the 1960s and 1970s cars. I would imagine many of those ladies gave it up regularly in cars like that. Not many women were very interested in the 1950s cars with all those over-the-top fins and ornaments. Young women seemed to be attracted to the three oldest cars in the show, especially the LaSalle and my Packard. I was delighted to show off my beauty to these young hotties, to let them sit in it and enjoy the roominess and the plush seating and fabric. Talk about a chick magnet! Apart from not winning 'Best In Show' with my Packard restoration the biggest downer of the day was the fact that ALL those young hotties attracted to my car insisted on calling me 'Sir' or 'Mister'. Sheesh!.......pissed me off severely.

27 comments

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    I can remember when our family owned a 1953 Chrysler (purchased new) and a '48 or '49 DeSoto (used). That DeSoto looked very cool with its exterior windshield visor. Of course, back then there was no nostalgia value since they, like me, were both pretty young. And I know exactly what what you mean about young ladies calling you sir! I am so not ready for that.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Guess I should have kept my very first car, a '49 Chevy. :)
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    You should always buy a car with a pussy magnet. [view link]
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Art, if you like cars and gals, then California Lowrider shows will suit you fine.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Girls and cars? I like this site...free to register [view link]
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Pictures, art!
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    An expensive/unique looking car is always a panty dropper. I used to have a corvette z06 and while not particularly expensive, I fucked a number of waitresses off that car alone. If I show up somewhere in my dad's ferrari, I can pull pretty much any pussy.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Seattle isn't exactly known as the car capital of the U.S. but we have two huge annual car shows coming up. One this weekend. Several hundred cars will be entered in both shows. Cruisin' Colby Car Show -- Everett, WA May 26, 2014 [view link] Greenwood Car Show -- Seattle (Greenwood), WA June 28, 2014 [view link] And if that's not enough, there's the fairly new Le May Car Museum in Tacoma (35 mi. south of Seattle), also with lots of great cars on display. [view link] I see more old, restored cars here on a regular basis than I ever did when I lived in L.A.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @CG-Go to East LA.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Slick, The Santa Clarita Valley was too far for me to drive to East Los Angeles. But, I did go there many times for lunch when I worked in downtown L.A.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    And LA had some bad ass hot rodding, too. "My Pappy said son you gone drive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that Hot, Rod, Lincoln."
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    ^^^lopaw - Packard pics, Art
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    My car may be a pussy magnet, but it would be physically impossible to have sex in it.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    "What? Like fucking in the back seat of a Volkswagen?"
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    Jack slash - smart car?!?!
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Art, you must have been on your best behavior and not turned on the charm toward any of the ladies. Or perhaps they were all accompanied by their men.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Art,is your car up on blocks?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sa, I have owned two Fairlady Z cars. A 69/70 and a 73. Both were so called magnets for the hotties. The best magnet in my memory, however, was my young son.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    That should have been "fa". Should have had my coffee first.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @clubber, This Packard was my grandpa's car. The car was in storage (sort of) for about four decades when I got my hands on it. I didn't rush the restoration - took me almost 20 years! However, all the labour in the restoration is mine and all replacement parts are stock.
  • fastscrs
    10 years ago
    I was dating a nice blond when I was in college many years ago and had a VW bus at the time. When I traded it in for a 1966 Fastback Mustang she became much friendlier.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Not to steal Art's thunder, but this thread just prompted me to post a bunch of pics from local area (Seattle) cars shows that I took. See my profile pics for about a dozen samples of the entries in these shows.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Nice pics Club Goer I really liked the 59 Chevy Impala. That's very much like the first car I can remember from my childhood. M
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    My mom and dad had one like it. Then I can remember they sold it to buy a VW. LOL
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @motorhead, Club_Goer has a '48 Packard pic among the group of photos. That pic is remarkably similar in appearance to my grandpa's old Packard that I restored. Grandpa's car is a the 2 door Club Sedan model (no external sun visor). The paint job on my restoration is new and gleams a most magnificent black colour. Gotta tell ya, though, motorhead........I hate that '59 Impala - those fins?.....ugh!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    If the van is a rockin' don't come a knockin,.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Women love accessories – purses; shoes; jewelry; and a nice car – they like nice things and they often seem to care how they are perceived by others.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion