tuscl

Retirement?

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 12:58 PM
I will NOT tell any of you my age! But when do you think a stripper is "too old" to be dancing? I don't think I am too old, and I actually make better money now than I did when I was 20. But nevertheless I am thinking of hanging up my shoes, and just being a good husband to my wifey and a good second mommy to our son. My wife really want to go back to work, and when she is back to work there would be no reason for an extra income anymore... Well anyways, again, what is "too old" for dancing? sarA

9 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat, you're either lucky, smart or both. I worked with a guy who did the same job all his life until he retired. The company tried to promote him many times and he always refused because he was happy doing what he was doing and content with the money he was making. Few people have the guts or the intelligence to do that. I once had a job that I really enjoyed, unfortunately I got promoted beyond it and never really much liked working after that. I should have stayed where I was but I didn't really have a choice.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Age is just a number. What matters is how you feel about your job. If you like it, keep doing it, otherwise, don't. Most of my favorites are 30-something. I'd probably like them if they are 40-something. I've seen some successful 40-something dancers. They seem to like it very much. But if you don't, or if the money isn't there, and my guess is both of those happen simultaneously, leave. There's other work out there. I know my employer could use some more employees, for one thing.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    its time to retire when you don't like what you are doing anymore. my ATF is 44. but my best lapper ever was with a 19 yr old. Have had fun with women in their 50's. age is so subjective. If you like what you are doing, keep doing it.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    The one other factor is more internal than the money thing. I've heard a few girls nearing 30 say they never thought they'd still be doing it when they were 30, so there seems to be some psychology about that age. I know another who quit at the top of her game. She gave up the high living and moved into a basement apartment with the mattress on the floor because she was just burned out. I guess the thing is that if you want to keep going and the money is still coming in, keep going. It sounds like you are, if not burnt out, at least starting to think of life after. Just remember, you won't get to spend the days and nights looking at naked girls anymore!
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Add my name to the list of free market fans. When the customers no longer are getting dances, to the point that you're not making an amount that you think justifies dancing, get out. Otherwise, keep permitting your customers to "vote" with their wallets for you to continue your career. Every voluntary transaction enriches all parties who engage in it.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree, there's no such thing as too old, and I'm one of those guys who prefers the real young ones. If you take good care of yourself and maintain a youthful attitude, you can go as long as you like. The customer base is probably getting older too.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    AN is right. The customers will let you know with their wallets. I have a fav who is 47 and out-earns girls in their 20's. It's all about attitude. The most successful dancers earn with their brains not only their bodies.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I know this may sound harsh, but I think the customers will let you know. I knew a dancer who worked till her mid '50's and was still better than some of the 19 y/o nymphets without a clue. When the customers dry up it may be the sign it's time to hang up the g-string. Overall my feeling is if there are still guys willing to pay, and what they're willing to pay is worth it, go for it. Buyers and sellers, it's the American way.
  • reavetj
    19 years ago
    IMHO, it depends on how well you take care of your body. I've seen some great looking 45+ dancers, and some butt ugly 25 year-old dancers. I'm not talking about putting on a few pounds--that happens to everyone as they age. But as long as you still look good, put on a good show, and don't look like you were "rode hard and put up wet," I'll still tip ya. ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion