tuscl

lesbians

Sunday, July 31, 2005 5:03 PM
Ladies, please don't take any offense because none is intended. I just wanted to share something that happened to me some time ago. There was this very attractive dancer who I got to know quite well and really liked who was having an affair with another dancer at her club who she shared a house with (along with 2 other dancers) and she was very open about it. Later when she got herself a boyfriend and moved in with him, I have to admit I was a little disappointed. She always said she was bisexual (which I think everyone is but that's another topic entirely and, given the people on this board, please let's not go there.) Anyway I guess I was hoping she would be a lesbian and I don't know why. I'm guessing you amateur psychologists will have a field day with this one, but I always thought it would be really interesting to have a close friend who was a lesbian. And to my knowledge I never have.

11 comments

• casualguy
    19 years ago
    I believe I read on here one time that all it takes is 3 drinks and almost any girl can become bi and be attracted to other girls. Some girls also seem to say they are lesbians but they seem to reserve the right to ask out any guy who they like. I sometimes think the lesbian mind is like a guy's mind but in a female body.
  • lopaw
    19 years ago
    FONDL, Why on earth would us ladies be offended? I happen to be a lesbian, as well as a regular SC goer. For the record, I have never been sexually abused, and even after all these years, my male SC buddies still seem to get a kick out of my interaction with the dancers.....one minute I'm trying to molest them, and the next minute we are comparing shopping notes! IMHO, very few dancers are lesbian....I've had more than a few hit on me, and tell me that they would just love to boink me, but mostly it is the same acting job that the guys get. She just wants to get deeper into my wallet.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    FONDL says: "I think it would remove the sexual tension that often surrounds male-female friendships" I have good friends who are gay, of both genders. However, when I am in a situation with a straight woman, I have always kind of liked the "sexual tension that often surrounds male-female friendships." In the past, it augured the potential for something more. I have not in the past, had difficulty with remaining "friends" with women that I had slept with. Unfortunately, these friendships generally bit the dust after marriage, because my wife was not comfortable with them..Although some people would have drawn a line andwsaid (a la "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"), "Fuck da Wife", I felt that ending friendships that make your wife uncomfortable is part of the marriage deal. But I do miss some of my friends....
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    My interest is really two-fold. First, I like to be around people who are very different from me and whose opinions are thus very different from my own. I find that I can learn a lot that way, much more than I ever will from surrounding myself with people who share my views on most issues. Second, I think it would remove the sexual tension that often surrounds male-female friendships and thus could possibly lead to a greater closeness based on simply enjoying each other's company.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I have friends who are gay-both male and female. Frankly, we don't sit around all day talking about our sexual preferences. They are my friends because they are good and honorable people who I happen to hit it off with. I've known a few dancers who were openly bi-sexual. I've taken them to SC's on their nights off. It can be a very interesting night out! I don't know if I've ever known a dancer who was a lesbian. I've suspected it a few times but I don't pry people for that sort of information.
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    Hi all: I would be interested in having a lesbian friend for a different perspective that will broaden my understanding of socio-cultural dynamics as well as the wonders of the human psyche. But honestly, the biggest reason I would like to have a lesbian friend is because of the things we can do if she ever wants to bring her girlfriend.
  • mtang
    19 years ago
    But to respond to your post more than just posting my opinion did you maybe think if she were a pure lesbian you would have a chance to "straighten her out?" and maybe that lurking possibility exicted you? I'm just pulling shit out of my ass guessing what you're thinking but at least I don't insist on it being "the truth" like some posters like davids.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    I have found that most lesbians have had some sexual abuse in their lives. I think there are very few "true" lesbians (those thinking they are lesbians from younger age). I know this dancer that is currently into girls. But I think that sexual abuse (rapes) has taken the trust away from men and resulted in her interest in girls.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I have more friends who are women than men. I LIKE the sexual tension. I don't really think it's a hinderence in a friendship as long as both parties respect certain boundaries. I like people who are different than me as well. That's why I hang around with South American Strippers who are mostly 20 years younger than I am....
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I can't say I've known a lesbian, although I always thought it would be cool to know one. I don't think it is really possible for a lesbian to dance in a strip club, because why would they want guys to tip them? Why would they care what guys thought.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Lopaw, I have no idea what offends women, if I could ever figure that one out my life would be so much simpler. But you sound like the kind of person who I would enjoy as a friend. I don't think that very many dancers are lesbians either, but I'm sure some are. And I bet some of them get a real kick out of turning guys on and taking their money.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion