tuscl

Band!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 11:47 AM

22 comments

• GoVikings
    10 years ago
    DAMN, talk about a harsh punishment. The commish REALLY put down the hammer on this guy.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    I wonder if he would have survived this incident if he hadn't already had racial issues in the past.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    "Band!" = The day the music stopped for Donald Sterling. He was also banned from NBA for life :-P
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I think a bunch of us TUSCL members ought to get together and bid for the Clippers. Imagine being in the Owners Box with all our ATF's...
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Adam Silver is my new favorite commissioner.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    'Tis BS!
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    The Amazing Racism-- incredibly-not-racist-racists [view link]
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Here is my thought on this.... Was he an idiot and wrong in what he said... YES. Is it right to ban him.... Maybe. Now this is a slippery slope the NBA is dealing with. Because now it opens the door for litigation on his part. Yes the recording were his....but to ban...look out. Marge Schott was banned from managing....not owning or doing operations for the team. Also if you listened to the tapes.... he was goated into saying those things. Also it was on a recorded message that he didn't know was getting recorded. The lady kept pressing him to say certain things. So his lawyers could have a field day with this one. But again I am not saying he is in the right. he is definitely in the wrong...100%. But a lifetime ban.... This isn't the last we will be hearing about this one.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Below is a snippet of an article talking about this situation. The woman in the audio is accused of swindling Sterling out of money. Also the audio that everyone heard is 10 mins out of an hour conversation. So again.... She kept pressing him to say things. "ATTORNEY NO LONGER ANSWERING QUESTIONS Stiviano's attorney, Mac Nehoray, has said his client did not leak the audio of the conversation with Sterling, but he has said what's been posted online is a snippet of a conversation lasting roughly an hour. On Monday, a man who answered the phone at Nehoray's law office wouldn't identify himself and said the attorney would no longer comment on the audio or Stiviano's case. He said the attorney was invoking the Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, citing a statement issued by the Clippers accusing Stiviano of embezzlement." [view link] Like I have stated i am not saying Sterling is an choir boy and shouldn't get punished. But there is a motive for why the conversation was recorded and why it was released. I am thinking someone wants 15 mins of fame and to get her name off a different law suit. But again I am not condoning his actions or what he said. But there is more to this story right now than what is getting posted.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    @crsm27: Spot on. This is going to be ugly. Also, what about the next taped conversation that surfaces with similar connotations, will the ban that person? Who the fuck has never had conversations where ugly things were said that the speaker really didn't mean.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Good riddance.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    I predict a flood of off-color recordings of conversations will start surface soon. Think of all the jilted wives, lovers, jealous friends family that have recording of players, coaches and owners saying stupid shit that could ruin their careers. This kind of reminds me of when "sexual harassment" became such a hot topic in the corporate environment in the 90's. Dudes were getting fired for saying dirty jokes or asking babes out to happy hour. This resulted in all kinds of successful lawsuits by those fired but more importantly became a huge distraction to getting anything done.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    If they make it stick, good fucking riddance. Sterling is the worst owner in sports history.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    They were a little too harsh when they banned him from even going to a NBA game. Sheesh!
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    "I think Joe is hurt. Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    “They were a little too harsh when they banned him from even going to a NBA game. Sheesh!” just imagine how much worse it would have been if he had said something against obamacare. he’d be lining the bottom of a mass grave in some fema camp
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    The guy is an idiot
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    Instead of a lifetime ban, they should have given this 80-year-old dude a 20-year ban.
  • AJ8921
    10 years ago
    Eh. The NBA isnt a court of law. He is a public figure and still didnt give a damn about his statements over the years. His privacy only extends as far as the agreement he made with the NBA. And constantly making your fellow owners look bad is never a recipie for success.
  • jabthehut
    10 years ago
    It is interesting how many TUSCLers use band in place of banned. Shows how influential juice, juice's circle jerk buddies, and juice wannabes have been.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Jab, Not the place to look for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, or whatever.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Notice how Shadowbrat never chimed in on this topic.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion