tuscl

OT: Wrestlemania XXX

Saturday, April 5, 2014 3:01 AM
Will the Undertaker's streak continue? Will Daniel Bryan get his title shot? Will John Cena triumph over the Wyatt family? and who will be Divas champ? I'll be watching with my son on the new WWE Network - at $9.99 a month, which includes ALL pay per-views, it's a no-brainer if you're a fan. I also like how it has all the old WWF, WCW and ECW pay-per-views.

30 comments

• big_d_2011
    10 years ago
    The only catch is that when you sign up, you have to make a 6 month commitment which turns into $60. I guess if you watch it enough then it is a good but they advertise it as $9.99 a month and you get Wrestlemania.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    The Wrestlemania pay-per-view by itself is $69.95 on Directv, so still a no-brainier,
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Can't wait.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Who? I remember watching wrastln' when I was just a young un'. Loved Wilbur Snyder. Hated Dick the Bruiser. Never heard of these guys.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I watched The Great Milenko and his era. Not since.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @motor Growing up I could read about the WWF (Bruno Samartino, Iron Shiek, Superstar Billy Graham etc.) in the Wrestling Magazines, but never go to see them on TV. We got some AWA shows - Crusher and Bruiser, Verne Gagne, Maddog Vachon, etc. and later some Texas based NWA (back when Dory Funk, Jr. was champ) that us kids would watch with our dad. Later it was me and my own kids watching WWE starting in the late 90's, the "Attitude Era" of Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I know the Undertaker and Cena but can't say I know the other ones.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    You should check out the Divas sometimes. Women wrestlers use to be rather, er, manly, but now they all look like models. The Bella Twins are very nice: [view link]
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Dick the Bruiser-ex NFL football player from the NFL era when the player ate their dead could swallow the showman wimps of today whole and shit them on to the mat.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    Met him once and he was actually pretty cool.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    What ever happened to Gorgeous George? (Long before the time of most of you.)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Back in my day, we use to wrestle in loin clothes outside the Acropolis. It was me, Heracles, Atlas, Theseus, Ullysses, Xenephon, and good old Oedipus. That Dick the Bruiser would've been chump change against Pericles.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Check this out..Ricki Starr vs Frank Fozo...late 50' [view link]
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^late 50's
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Wanna watch an actual wrestler? Check out Alexander Karelin. Nicknamed "The Experiment", he was undefeated for 13 men.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ Yup, he is a frightening human being.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Growing up in Ontario we watched wrestling from the Hamilton Telecenter. Sweet Daddy Seekie (sp? The only regular black wrestler generally televised + has his hair dyed corn yellow), Bruno Samartino, Fred Atkins (worst rule breaking s.o.b. ever, later became a referee!), Lord Athol Layton and others were on. Sweet Daddy always stopped at one of our DQs when coming through Brantford, a very entertaining guy who loved teasing the girls. Joe "Killer" Christie who also wrestled as The Masked Destroyer, actually lived on our block. His teal self was far different than his on screen personna - one day we saw him on the little excursion boat on the lake in the local park with his granddaughter balanced on his knee.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    steve, DAMN! Better look into this Diva stuff! :)
  • snowtime
    10 years ago
    Agree that Divas today are much more pleasant to look it than Fabulous Moolah and her cohorts in the 60's-70's. My favorite of the current Divas is the blonde, Summer Ray. I grew up watching Fred Blassie, Lou Thez, Von Brauners, Eddie Graham, etc. I still enjoy it, but think it was better in the old days with a lot less gimmicks. That being said, the Bray Wyatt gimmick is pretty creative. It will be interesting to see if they let him win over long time champ, John Cena. I have a friend who signed up for the WWE network and he invited me up to watch it tomorrow. He also said the WWE network streaming part does not work on the new smart TVs without a special adapter. At least not in HD, so anyone planning to watch it that way may be disappointed in the quality vs. Pay per View quality. He said the WWE told him they would have the situation fixed by Summer.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    Will anyone care? I haven't watched professional wrestling since high school. I had a college roommate who watched it and I thought he was in poor taste then, but then my sense of irony wasn't what it is now. Don't they more or less admit that wrestling is fake nowadays?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    " Don't they more or less admit that wrestling is fake nowadays?" That's why it's called "sports entertainment" now "Will anyone care?" WWE grosses $500M/yr and has a market cap of $2B, so yeah, people care ;)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I recall they used to at least fake a wrestling match. The last time I saw a show, which happened to be on in a SC, all they did was talk, it seemed.
  • sexualchoc
    10 years ago
    Yeah, the Bella Twins are really HOT!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I meant 13 years!
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    $9.99?
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    They have wrestling events in Dayton but I would rather go visit the clubs
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I used to be a huge wrestling fan back in the day. Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were my favorites.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @snowtime - We were able to stream the show, live in HD, onto my HDTV, using Apple TV. You can also use roku or XBox/Playstation. I would have preferred Goggle's superior Chromecast, but it's not compatible yet. More stuff to baffle farmerart, lol
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    This will more along the lines of the wrestlers I used to watch, but sadly, the Ultimate Warrior has passed away. RIP Ultimate Warrior
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    WWE posted a message on the official website saying, "WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior. " "Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history. Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans." "WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior’s family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters." Sad news indeed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion