tuscl

Another Waste of Government Time and Money

http://www.dailybulletin.com/government-…

If this bullshit goes into effect then I might lose my favorite club, Tropical Lei. Doesn't law enforcement have meth labs to bust in San Berdoo or are they a little too dangerous for the coppers? Fucking assholes.

27 comments

• Alucard
    11 years ago
    I guess you and your fellow clubbers where you live need to get organized politically like the opposition to Strip Clubs and fight for your clubs POLITICALLY.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    You're absolutely correct, Alucard. I've gone to city council meetings before. Looks like I need to go again.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    SlickSpic, I'd be really interested in how your political activities for your clubs work out. Good Luck.
  • steve229
    11 years ago

Not the dreaded 6' rule!
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    I've found writing a letter to the council helps (I often live in a different town.) I do think the clubs need to get more into the thick of it.

(That said, I don't think it is worth it - between the bitches - male and female - at stripperweb and my age, I have quit caring about their rights.)
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    And those studies? Absent the occasional 2AMer, they don't seem to hold water:

"University of California-Santa Barbara professor Daniel Linz, who has done substantial research on the issue, says there are problems with many of the studies that do purport to show huge crime increases in areas around sexually-oriented businesses. “Those studies that are scientifically credible demonstrate either no negative secondary effects associated with adult businesses or a reversal of the presumed negative effect," he told Salon in 2012. “We’ve done crime map after crime map after crime map of many cities and there just aren’t clusters of crime around [strip clubs]. Most crime in most cities tends to occur around high schools.”

http://reason.com/blog/2014/03/03/nyc-ta…
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Slick - I appreciate your distaste for these type of regulations but since you favorite club is not in an unincorporated area of the county, it should not be affected by the new regulations.

The county that I live in just passed a similar set of regulations. there are only 4 spots where adult businesses could open. There are presently no adult businesses in the county.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    There's a lot more bank robberies around banks than other areas. Should communities ban banks, or should they have adequate security to ensure the safety of patrons and the banks themselves?

• grand1511
    11 years ago
    A solution in search of a problem. Here was a key sentence from the news story:

"There are no known adult businesses currently operating in county unincorporated areas, he said."

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Like Shadow mentioned, the article points out that there are no strip clubs presently in the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County, CA. So WTF does the Board of Supervisors have to do there? Spend time and money on something not presently a problem.

I remember the reading about the UC Santa Barbara study that Steve229 mentioned at the time it came out. Since then, I don't ever recall reading of any elected officials pointing out that study when it comes time to object to adult businesses.

It can take a lot of money to effectively combat the common perceptions of increased crime and reduced property values. Here in Seattle, a six-foot rule was about to go into effect in 2006. The two local strip club chains, Talents West (now defunct) and Deja Vu, actually collaborated instead of competed against each other to defeat the newly enacted ordinance. After pouring a few million $ into a referendum, the ordinance was successfully defeated at the polls. It served as public notice to law enforcement to stay out of strip clubs, and concentrate police resources on important matters of public safety.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Ban all banks! Ban all high schools!

Then we can think about strip clubs.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Ban city council
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    American government at all levels is getting stupider and stupider.
  • DoctorPhil
    11 years ago
    heck, me and slickspic are going to get a bunch of our vigilante buddies and go down there and string up these city slickers. these politicians need to be learnt that this is california – the wild wild west of strip clubbing.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yee muthafuckin haw!
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Ah don't worry. They tried this shit a few years ago with the LA city clubs and the adult industry (and their attornies) pushed back so hard those lame ass city council members skulked away defeated with their tails between their legs.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    The argument "It has been proven" always brings the questions:
    1) When was the study done
    2) Who did the study
    3) What scientific method was utilized
    4) Where was the study conducted
    5) Who paid for it.

You will generally find that no study was conducted and it is "common knowledge. If a "study" was conducted it was done by Ralph's survey, janitorial and sewer service. The study was actually a survey of the local branch of The Bible Thumping Lesbian Man Hating Prohibitionists and was paid for by a 400 lb. dyke minister.

But politicians seldom let facts get in the way of important decisions that have the potential to line their pockets and get them reelected.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    It's a shame the populace has to spend so much money to protect their rights.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    "The Bible Thumping Lesbian Man Hating Prohibitionists and was paid for by a 400 lb. dyke minister."

Lmao wow a lesbian must have seriously fucked you up. What happened? Did one kick your ass? Or did they steal your wife? Too damn funny.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    They did something like this in the county I live in even though they don't have any adult businesses at all in the county, whether in a city or an unincorporated area. I have no idea what they got to fear from dildo salesmen.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Cities use zoning regulations to force clubs into bad areas and then complain about the crime around the clubs.

The last time I was in Paris the Crazy Horse was right across the street from my hotel on the elegant Avenue George V. The Hustler Club was less than a block off the Champs-Élysées. Theatre Chochotte, which features lesbian sex shows, was near the popular tourist area of Place Saint Michel and just across the street from a day care center.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    I'm about to send these boys to school.Grease is the word.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Oh no! Lesbian sex shows? Don't tell TiredTwat about it! All of those Bible Thumping muff divers invading France soon to be headed to his good old USA redneck neighborhood!!! Hey TiredTwat better go lock your doors before they comandeer an Air France jet and come looking for YOU!!!
  • rl27
    11 years ago
    Just do what I do and send a letter or email to your councilman, rep, etc., why you are or have voted against them due to their vote, for whatever reason, and also let the person you voted for know why you voted against their opponent and why you voted for them, and if their voting record isn't an improvement you'll vote against them. Although in my case, it's never been for strip clubs, but to counter the current letter writing campaigns that the various lobbyists use to rile up uninformed and ill educated voters. I do this by subscribing to publications for a few groups whose ideas I disagree with to get a heads up on what they are trying to do.

I usually start off mentioning that I am writing to give a better idea on what matters to one of his constituents that he may not consider due to inaccurate or misleading polls.
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    The county board should address the real problem: door-to-door dildo salesmen.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @deogol: "American government at all levels is getting stupider and stupider."

False. Controlling and prohibiting what is unpopular makes the subsequent control of popular things easier and more justifiable in the minds of some. It's a *smart* move.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    A State going bankrupt due to illegal aliens and drought and this is what Progressive Democrats think is important. The morality police don't seem to be Christians, just Democrats.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion