tuscl

Revenge

Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:01 PM
I dropped into the Rig Pig club in Nisku this afternoon for a couple of hours of entertainment and relaxation. I was driving so my drinking was restricted to virgin Caesars. Unhappily, I was seriously disrespected by a table of drunken rig pigs for drinking these pussy drinks. Things got worse and more disgusting from there. I am way too old to settle matters like this with my boots and a pipe wrench in the parking lot but I am not going to let this episode go unpunished. I carry some weight in the Alberta oil patch and I have a bit of economic power as well. These idiots were stupid enough to let me catch their names and to identify their employer. The wheels are turning in my brain with a scheme to get these oafs blackballed from the industry. If I were 25 or 30 years younger five minutes in the parking would have been sufficient revenge for me.

58 comments

• jackslash
    10 years ago
    Rig Pig is a great club name. I hope it refers to the customers and not the dancers.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I had to look up what a Caesar is.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Use your words art.
  • TortillaChip
    10 years ago
    What you propose doing is a million times worse than what they did. They were drunk. You aren't. Go through with it and you're nothing but an elderly piece of shit little vindictive bitch.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Art, I read your reviews of the Rig Pig, and they were very entertaining. Then I found Nisku on Google Maps. It's only a 1900 mile drive. Road trip!
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    well what is it exactly did they do that was so repugnant?
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Is it really worth it, art? I mean really, you're worth a couple of gajillion bucks and you're worried about what they think of your drinking choices? Maybe if they'd insulted your taste in Scotch, but this...? :)
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Art, read over your post. You're a man of power and wealth. Going to any serious effort to punish a couple of drunks for running their mouths is beneath you. As big a group of assholes as they might have been do you really need to upturn their lives over it? I think/hope you're just venting.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    You should have challenged them to a yellow snow eating contest.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Farmerart stepped on some gum once when he was in Chicago, so now he hates the United States. Justin Bieber has actually only sold 27 albums. Farmerart is just paying Bieber to take an extended vacation in the US as revenge.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    File it and tell them you're sorry.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    farmerart, totally screwing these guys like you are talking about is really beneath you. On the other hand, if you could arrange to have them report to you at one end of their trip or the other, just your steely-eyed presence while giving them orders to haul something really smelly a very long distance should make your point while making them sweat! A little lesson in manners would not be out of place.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Are you in a position to pull business away from their employers and let the employers know why it happened?
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Art, if I understood you correctly not only do you and these drunks work in the SAME industry but in the SAME geographical area. I'm guessing that it's not only that these guys disrespected you but that their getting away with it may put you in the position of losing the respect of some of the guys and gals who DO work for you or may work for you in the future. Previous description of your management position sounded tough enough without adding the burden of dealing with rebellious behavior among your employees. GO FOR IT! Good luck.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    fa, I think TortillaChip makes a valid point. You could not only be hurting them, but many others as well as it trickles down or flows upward. Could be one is an exemplary employee and canning him could hurt his company as well. I say just let it go. It's sometimes not worth the effort.
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    Art, As most drinkers can, I can reflect back on a lifetime of hard partying and have been on both sides of being insulted and being the one doing the insulting. Sometimes my idiotic attempts at building drunken comrade have been misperceived as insults. On a very few occasions, hard liquor turned me into a mean drunk and I have unjustly disrespected those around me. On those few occasions, I'm thankful the people I insulted had enough restraint not to enact my deserved ass kicking. Judging only on the detail provided, the revenge being considered would be more punishment than deserved and would, in the long run, cause you more consternation than the short term hurt in pride already inflicted.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Guys...I'm sure ol' art ain't gonna ruin any lives. He is a man of letters and erudition.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Art-I got the toilet paper, the shaving cream, rotten eggs, and dog shit in a brown bag. When do we go to work?
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    I'm with slick on this one
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Revenge of the rig pigs...lol Hay slick...don't forget the Vaseline for their windshield wipers and the super glue for their door locks
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS, I have to disagree with you on this one, but fa said, "...get these oafs blackballed from the industry." Depriving one of their livelihood could certainly ruin a life or even more.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." --Tupac
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    ^^^right on motor LMAO
  • bigman226
    10 years ago
    Motor quotes the PAC? You muthafuckas are my bffs!!!!
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    @Slick my man!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm tempted to say have some of your younger boys that you trust kick their asses to the "uncle" but not hospital point and let them know who it's from and why. Especially if you are deep pockets though, and those guys really are huge pussies themselves that carries some legal risk though, so might not be worth it. Overall, though, the direction I think is something that gives them a bit of fallout/warning so they know to behave more respectfully in the future but doesn't permanently ruin them is the right path.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    So much for laid-back Canadians. But I guess that never included French Canadians and Westerners.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I'm with Slick. Add some potatoes up their tailpipes...that'll fix them!
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    @Motorhead: Unfortunately, that attitude didn't end up doing Tupac a lot of good.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Are you getting disrespected by anyone other than the drunks? I'm not Farmerart but would have ignored the drunks. Or maybe pull a clever stunt and have a few dancers say while sitting with them, You know it takes a real man to avoid the hard liquor when he's driving, I respect real men, so what are you guys drinking? A big enough tip to a few dancers might do it. Of course if dancers were avoiding the drunks not wanting to talk to them, then they got their own punishment.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I remember a few weeks ago one of the dancers sitting with me said some guys said they thought drinking bud lite was a pussy drink. I only drink it in one club since they run a special on it. I could have cared less what some guys thought. That's like telling me water is a pussy drink. What the fuck do I care what they think? I drink water all the time. Bud lite isn't a whole lot different. I don't go to strip clubs to impress other guys or worry about other guys opinions. If I did I probably woudn't be tipping most of the dancers mainly by myself or getting all the hot dancers coming over to me and ccassionally hearing about what jerks some other guy was.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I don't wanna hurt people. I just wanna annoy and inconvenience them.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I have done what Clubbers said. I have black listed ass hole customers. That works best in small communities
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    I suppose it's true though that, if you're running a crew in the wilderness or on an offshore rig, you can't call 911 as your ultimate back-up. It could be dangerous if you get a rep for being someone that can be fucked with without consequences.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Many interesting comments. First, let me say that the abuse directed towards me was much more than just ribbing about drinking non-alcohol cocktails. It was just vile. I look upon all adult behaviour the same way, drunk or not. In my world all adults are responsible for their actions. Second, and this has been mentioned by some posters, much of my operation is outside the reach of the society that most of you guys understand. There are no cops. There are no neighbours. There is no infrastructure. There is no civilization. Democracy does not reign but rather, a benevolent dictator. For most of my career I have been that benevolent dictator. Third, the Alberta oil patch is a rather small world. It is entirely possible that I may come in contact with these characters in the future. It would undermine my authority as a boss if I left this abuse unanswered. Fourth, a safety issue. These guys were going to be at work the morning after this drinking episode. It takes longer than 8-10 hours for alcohol to leave one's body. My industry takes safety very seriously. Impaired employees are not tolerated. A sophisticated drilling rig can run into the hundreds of millions of dollars. A human life is priceless. It is a dangerous industry that demands total alertness from all guys on a rig. Fifth, I have a temper. I make no apologies for my words or actions. I am a dinosaur, to be sure, but I am not about to change at this late stage in my life.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    1. Still just some drunken idiots, if someone hasn't been a drunken idiot a few times in their life then they haven't ever drank much. 2. Forgive me if I'm incorrect but it would appear Nisku is a few miles south of Edmonton, a rather large city? Setting that aside these guys didn't try to kill you and it's not as if you have no recourse. 3.If that's true I would question how much actual authority you have. I suspect if these fools met you under business conditions they would probably shit themselves if they remembered you. 4. I call bullshit. Had they not insulted you I doubt you would be considering tracking them down because it's a safety issue. 5. Yes, we all do. The vast majority of us also have the ability to restrain ourselves. The last sentiment is ridiculous. Of course you can change. You've already admitted to being a very late bloomer sexually. Now you have liaisons all over the world.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Art, you make some interesting points. I completely agree with the part of number one concerning responsibility, irrespective of sobriety, defer to your greater experience on two and three, vehemently agree with number four (if, in fact, you would have reported them even had they been polite) and sympathize with number 5, :) Your first part of number one notwithstanding, I still think getting worked up about it isn't worth it. Report the safety issue if you believe it to be appropriate, but otherwise, it wouldn't be worth it to me. YMMV. :) jester, he never claimed he *couldn't* change, merely that he *wouldn't*.
  • sofaking87
    10 years ago
    I say give it to them dude, if its the oil patch, they are either foreigners, in which case, send them home and free up some jobs for your fellow countrymen, or they are newfies, which means they can't hold their booze, and need to dry out in the rock. Either way you are doing a favour for job hunters, or even helping them to dry out and return to the oil patch when they are feeling better.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    It's Art's word,their word and the truth.Was it ribbing about your slipper boy cocktail or rig safety?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    None of us except Art know how life is out in the oil patch. The culture and mores may be way different than what we live by. Maybe a bit of frontier justice is what's needed to keep calm and order.
  • minnow
    10 years ago
    I'm calling BS on rationale #4, unless art would take identical proposed action on the roughneck gang had they not bothered him at all. I think this is far from the first time that art has seen some inebriated roughnecks- if he pressed the button every time he did, there would be a major oil shortage. #3 is a legitamate concern for anyone in a leadership position, even moreso than most in arts environment. As the title of the thread indicates, I'm getting the impression that #5 is the driver behind the ensuing action(s).
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    Farmerart, fuck what everyone else thinks go for your economic revenge. Much more adult like than a simple tosser fight. It'll burn them longer than a bruise and let them know who's boss in the canadian wilderness you wolverine you.
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    I read the op for the second time and realized you wrote blackball. That's a little extreme my man. Maybe get them humiliated but blackballed is permanent bro. Especially if that's all they know. Well they'll find some other blue collared job I'm sure (or go back to school).
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Like Art says, not our world, not our rules.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    fa, I think I'll go with gmd on this one and differ to your knowledge of this particular situation and said environment.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Don't mess with FarmerArt. If they were spewing out venom when drunk, they might be a threat when sober and I wouldn't want someone like that working for me. I heard alcohol amplifies your feelings. I didn't hear anything about it changing your feelings or opinions. Anyone who bad mouths the boss in front of his face in any job can expect unpleasant outcomes.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    If you fuck around with DiCaprio when he orders a cranberry, you'll end up Departed.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    Drug testers mysteriously showed up at the miscreants' rig yesterday.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Art-You must be a fan of Byzantine plots.
  • Essdub
    10 years ago
    My Dad used to own a business that did oilfield insulating, and I know there are people working there that fall into the oilfield trash category. He swore that everyone who ever worked for him stole something in one way or another. One piece of shit even made a point to be the last to leave the table everyday at the restaurant they were eating at during their stay to steal the tip off the table. I don't think their actions could be interpreted as undermining your authority since they didn't know who you are. They're just shitty human beings, but I also can't blame you for wanting to make them pay for it. The drug testing is a nice little zinger, it would seem to me that a discussion about the events of the evening with their employer wouldn't be out of line either. Perhaps you could also use a personal assistant to chauffer you around and spare you from those pussy drinks in the future.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Farmer art, that was a good one! Did they test positive? Besides the insult to you, the issue of safety and sobriety in the workplace is paramount. Next question is, did they know that you were the reason for the visit? That is what would make it revenge.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    A surprise piss test when they arrive in the morning would be appropriate that way they get to lay in their own piss so to speak. I have had to deal with guys like this in regular construction and when they show up still half blasted and with 2 or 3 hours of sleep after drinking they are a risk on a regular construction site much less a rig. My problem always was that they were union and unless someone was killed and they were charged and jailed I was stuck with them. It is somewhat better now because if there is an injury everyone in the area must submit to a test and if positive there is disciplinary action but someone must get hurt to trigger this reaction.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    That is great fa
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    @Sharkhunter I can't help but agree with your train of thought there ol chap. If that's how they act while under the influence, then being sober is just those feelings a bit more under control.....or peerhaps even not. Don't need dumb asses like them working there if they have such negative thoughts and are willing to go the extra mile to humiliate someone over a drink.
  • SketchinGuy
    10 years ago
    I don't criticize art's decision. Where there is no independent authority, the only thing preventing another man from messing with you is his awareness of what you can do to him. It was the same way among Mongols when Jenghis Khan was born & among Bidoun (bedouin) before they all started settling down & giving up their nomadic ways. In a few places, "honor" is not yet an obsolete word.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Now that I call fair and deserved revenge.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    BP should be forced to have Art as it's new president, as part of the government response to the lives lost at the refinery in TX and then the Gulf oil rig blowout. I'd start buying their gas again if Art was pres.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion