tuscl

What are the top trends for Strip Clubs in 2014?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:50 PM
I've heard a lot about average strip clubs, but what about the great ones, what do they do that others don't? What is the cool stuff? Food or Beverage? Stunts? Special events? What distinguishes a great one from an average one, other than the ladies?

20 comments

• txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    A growing trend is getting questions/discussions from people with no reviews.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Sounds like the OP may be in the SC biz and may want feedback – fair enough – it’s a good question. Besides good looking ladies as the OP stated; I would say professionalism both from the dancers and the staff – and part of this professionalism is consistency: What makes a SC a good one IMO: + dancers are not allowed to hide in the dressing room or sit and talk amongst themselves while ignoring the custies + dancers not allowed to have their cell phones while on the floor and again ignoring the custies while they have their noses buried in their cells + the DJ should realize he is not the center of attention – we don’t go there to hear him and his dry sense of humor and overinflated opinion of himself – DJ should just play the damn songs and announce the dancer and shut the hell up + songs should be adequate length and always be the same length – a full song should be ~4:00 minutes long so the customer feels he is getting his money’s worth – if I feel I am getting a good deal or getting my money’s worth; I am more apt to spend – if I feel I’m getting ripped via short songs; I won’t spend (and the songs should all be the same length – not play a 4 minute song; then a 2 minute song; then a 2.5 minute song; then a 4 minute song, etc.) + consistency – in some clubs; usually dives; I’ve noticed some dancers do what they want and there doesn’t seem to be a clear set of rules they all abide by – e.g. in some clubs; some dancers will get on stage and not even take off anything (i.e. keep their bottoms and even their tops on while on stage) + the tip parade is annoying for many – I know for me there are times when I am deciding on which club I’ll hit and will sometimes rule out a club b/c I don’t feel like dealing w/ the tip parade
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Food or Beverage? Stunts? Special events? …” Most of us on this board are *not* the occasional SC goer – so we don’t go to a SC b/c of “stunts” and “stunts” often divert from the reason we go there – what keeps me coming back to a SC is how I’m treated by the girls and if I feel I am getting my money’s worth. I don’t go to a SC b/c of the food either; if the food is decent then it’s an ok plus in case I did not have a chance to get a bite to eat prior to going to the club – but I prefer to eat outside the club and then concentrate on what it is I go to the SC for. Special events are similar to stunts; they just detract from what I go there for and often tend to turn a SC into a party club filled with amateur SC goers just wanting to party and not really SC. Beverages – all I care is if they have a decent selection; decently priced; and not watered down. A SC is all about the dancers and how they treat the customer – if they do this consistently; then “stunts” and “special events” are just a distraction and a waste of my time.
  • Greggyb
    11 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    It simply starts and ends with exceptionally good looking dancers. Everything else is secondary.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I have to agree with Papi 100%. nickifree makes a good point too.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I can't wait to see what is posted by the Assholes here.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Music low enough to talk, no spotlights in the customers' eyes, DJ not an asshole (see Papi's point no. 3). That's the basics for me, beyond the obvious points everyone makes about beautiful girls who pay attention to me. Beyond that, I appreciate bartenders who know what they're doing, no bathroom troll, and free but not mandatory coat check. As for special events, I'd love to see one that's really special. I'm not talking about amateur night or biggest boob contest. I'm talking about juggling flaming chain saws, Rockettes style choreographed dance, acrobats, something I haven't seen before that's sexy and fun.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    It's all about the girls. Beautiful women who know the rules rather than having a boneheaded bouncer standing over me. 99% of the customers respect the directions of the dancer as to what goes and what doesn't. Leave the bouncer to enforce the 1%.. The same goes for VIP. If its private make it private.
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    Well, yes, there's the ladies, the ladies, the ladies. But we all already know that. Helps if they're doing more on the stage than just sort of half-heartedly swaying while blooking distracted; yeah, I know, guys are tight-tipping these days so the effort seems futile, but at least look like you're trying. Like Ermita Nights and Papi mentioned, DJ mixes and music volume should not be getting in the way of productivity. Let me hear her pitch without having to yell. Let a "song" last at least the length of a regular radio track. Like the man said above, consistency - if it's nude, it's nude; if there's dress code, there's dress code; if it's clean, it's clean; if a LD or a room is $X plus her tips, then it's $X and anything else is tips. No need for the venue to be ultra posh and fancy, but at least let it look and feel up to code and like someone bothers cleaning and fixing. Of course those are what we would LIKE the trends to be... what ARE the actual trends varies by place.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Are you still waiting Jeffrey Howard.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Gawker, I feel the exact same way.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    I am waiting for the FCC to change the rules and give permission for the importation of the electronic system that blocks cell phone signals. I believe it was developed by Israel, but cannot be used in the USA because our law prohibit the importation of certain signal blocking devices manufactured in foreign companies. If that restriction could be lifted, I would encourge all managers to install a cell phone signal blocker in all dancers' dressing rooms.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    If the strippers don't carry their cellulars how can they indiscreetly show it to you so you can call to set up OTC. Also, if they block the signals of the girls, they are also going to be blocking our phones. Don't get me wrong. Anything that distracts a dancer from satisfying us should be stopped by the club manager. I have been to clubs where the managers allow the girls just a few minutes after they have been on stage to fluff their muffs and then makes them get out and circulate. The good ones also don't let the strippers huddle together at the bar either.
  • runnoft
    11 years ago
    Other than the ladies? As stated before, it is all about the ladies. Other than that, I think that too many strip clubs set you up to take your money in too many different ways. Paying for parking, cover charge, charge for a table, charge to use the VIP, and especially the bathroom trolls. This is my biggest complaint. I have been in SC bathrooms where there would be a sign on the mirror stating that the "attendant" does not get paid and relies totally on tips, so tip him well. My answer, "Get a real job". Thank you very much, but I do not need any help to take a piss.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I can't wait to see what is posted by the Assholes here. Just go back and read all your past comments
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I don't know if it's a 'trend' but I have noticed a lot more turnover than usual with the new girls, and this is a high turnover business as it is. Every week there's a new crop. But the veterans who would last a year or two and move on in the past are now not going anywhere. I like that I've known some girls 5 or more years; the ones making money put up with the BS of the club as opposed to finding greener grass.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    A lot of clubs are on hiring "freezes" and not much new meat at many larger clubs. A bit tired of seeing the same old folks aging. Clubs are supposed to be like that line from Dazed and Confused pointing out how the girls in high school are still the same age while you continue to age. As for a good club paradigm how about Mons Venus plus the VIP section of Toosties. Florida knows how to do it.
  • Subraman
    11 years ago
    Agree totally with Papi about "stunts" ... good for bringing in the once-a-year boys-night-out guys, but not interesting (and may be outright unwanted) be regulars. I don't quite agree with "it's all about the most beautiful girls". In both Vegas and SF, my favorite clubs are not the clubs that are arguably top-of-the-top as far as most beautiful girls, because there's too much golden pussy syndrome at those places, prices and hustle can be sky high. For me, it's all about the overall experience. That does mean a lineup that's beautiful enough, but beyond that, concentrate on the rest of the experience ... affordable dances with unobtrusive bouncers, no shenanigans whose sole purpose is to treat the customer like a sucker (e.g., announcing 2-for-1 and then cutting both songs). Getting rid of small nuisances, like obnoxious DJs and the bathroom attendants, is nice too.
  • 10inches
    11 years ago
    it's all about the tits and ass. get hot chicks who don't mind taking their clothes off.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion