tuscl

How old do you have to be to go to Strip Club in USA?

How old do you have to be to go to Strip Club in USA? 18? 21? Not the juice bars but SC that has full liquor license. In the USA you need to be 21 to drink. I think for convenience sake, the SC enforces you must be 21 to enter, so the servers do not need to check anybody's id once inside. And since the SC makes lots of money on those overpriced drinks, this is good business policy for them. Thus nobody under 21 is allowed in. But the dancers can be under 21! In Atlanta, they make them wear bright orange bracelets, so the servers will NOT server them liquor. So you get under 21 strippers in the club, but no clients under 21. This got me to thinking, that they are artificially enforcing none under 21 rule. Thus when 19YO Justin Bieber heads to SC in Houston it is legal, as long as they do not serve him liquor. Anybody know the hard issues on this?

10 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I suspect that this varies from place to place. In Columbia SC 18 year olds can go into clubs with FS bars but must wear an orange arm band.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    16 with fake I.D.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Most clubs in Columbus are 21. Some allow 18 but they have to pay an inflated cover charge. I think at one club it is $8 for 21+ (or a free pass) but for 18 it is $25 cover charge and no free passes are allowed.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    19 year olds don't need to see strippers. They should be getting free blow jobs from their FIBs. Strip clubs are for old, fat, bald guys.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    FWB
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Why would I care? I had a fake ID back in 93. Yes, it's harder to get new fake id's, they say. New encryption shit. Tell that to the Mexicans in MacArthur Park. Those Beaners seem to be up on all ID knowledge.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Ya godamn right slick
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    The BYOB clubs I visit allow 18 year olds in, but no one under 21 in those places gets a wristband, so that everyone knows they can't drink. Only the 21 and over crowd gets one at those places (unless I'm at my favorite club and they know who I am). AFAIK, I've never been anywhere which served alcohol AND allowed under 21 dancers to perform. In fact, the BYOB places and my one regular juice bar are something of a training ground for under 21 dancers so that when they turn 21, they can move up to bars that serve alcohol, or at least that's how the theory goes according to one dancer at my favorite club. It's a real question, as far as I'm concerned, whether that's a move up, but I have seen it happen.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I think the first time I went to a Strip Club was in Myrtle Beach, was definitely under 21. We had to wear brightly colored shirts so we (in theory) couldn't buy booze had and pay a high cover. I believe there were strippers there under 21.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    It's funny that you have to be 21 to work in a bikini club that serves alcohol but 18 year olds can work in the nude clubs. That seems bass ackwards to me!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion