tuscl

Best Pizza

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:17 PM
I was wishing pizza was served in my club and then thought what you guys think is the best pizza in the land. Out here we have a N.Y. Bronx pizzaria that seems to be a massive favorite.

33 comments

• staxwell
    11 years ago
    Little 5 Points pizza in ATL. OMG, if they served pizza in clubs...
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I like the pizza in a local restaurant. They do not add MSG. So many other places do and it does not agree with me. One strip club I visit does serve pizza but I don't like consuming second hand smoke via food unless I'm really hungry. If I saw the pizza was fresh and I'm hungry, I might bite.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Marco's pizza. ;)
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Regina Pizzeria in Boston (Little Italy) was the best other than the ones I made in my shop.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    People from the NY area generally insist that a thin crust with "gravy", cheese and nothing else but dripping grease is a pizza. In Chicago they insist on a thicker crust loaded with thick cheese and "extras." (the only extras you can get in Chicago come on pizza!) On the left coast they seem to think that toasted flatbread with organic tomatoes and cilantro is a pizza. For me, if it's got a crust, tomato sauce, cheese and meat and it is served hot, I'll call it a pizza and eat it.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    If it doesn't have pepperoni on it, it's not a pizza. :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Marcos makes wonderful pepperoni pizza!
  • ime
    11 years ago
    everyone is all over the country so it's hard to compare but Clubber is right on with Pizzerina Regina as far as a small chain of pizzeria's in MA. i'd give Papa Gino's an honorable mention for best small chain I believe its only in New England, way better than Papa John's or any of the national chains. Raleigh I'd go with Lilly's place is amazing and has a great beer selection also.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    New Yorkers and Chicagoans like to think that they have the best pizza. Tell that to people in Napoli.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    +1 shadowcat.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Slick, Napolitanos do make a mean pie, but I guess I'm just too American because I didn't care for their pizza. Notably, I did enjoy the very different pizza at joint in Fiorenza.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Dallas-Right on. That's cool that you've been able to travel to Italia. I've never been but as a kid, we'd visit my Dad's family in Argentina and I remember different types of pizzas that I haven't seen since I was 12. There's this one style of rectangular pie, with a white sauce, Genoa Salami, green olives with pimento, mushrooms, and artichokes. It was served cold. I've seen it at some Argentine-Italian markets in the States.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    We eat the American versions of foreign foods. Pizza in Italy is a left over meal from what ever is in the ice box, Mexican food is really Tex-Mex, Japanese food is not Teryaki, its fish & rice, Chow Mein was invented in San Francisco.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    And Pace Picante Sauce is made in San Antonio, by people who know how to make picante sauce. This stuff's made in New York City? New York City!! Get a rope.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Pizza = Strippers. Just eat the ones you like and leave the rest to others.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Little jesters deep dish pepperoni pizza is sooooo damn good just $8
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    ^^ For eight bucks, it is surprisingly good. Love the caramelized edges.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Pizza My Heart, Santa Cruz, CA
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Slick, I visited the industrial kitchen that later became "Pace" way back before San Antonio had a "River Walk." I remember the stacks of tomatoes, baskets of onions and peppers, the smell of vinegar and the flies. I also remember the flies and filthy floor did nothing to dim the flavor of the salsa. My dad took me there to buy tomatoes and we left with a bushel of those small, hard, red tomatoes and about a gallon of salsa. Good stuff!
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    Little jester's??? Is that knockoff...better yet, it is probably an upgrade to a little caesars that I have seen. Little caesars has $5 pizza...than again cicis pizza has a $5 buffet.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Nothing beats your neighborhood brooklyn pizza. Not even chain pizza restaurants
  • txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    Marri's pizza in Long Beach, Ca, and Nick's in Az make two of the best you will ever eat.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    In Seattle it 's pagliacci.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Ci ci is the best....mac and cheese pizza oooo yes
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    I dont eat pizza i make pizza
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Dallas702, sadly you are right about extras in Chicago. But you can't beat the pizza! Unlike the Cubs and White Sox.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Best pizza ever were those pies we ate after a little league, Pop Warner, basketball or soccer win. You got the double dose of victory and pizza as a kid. Plus arcade games. Those were the good old days.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    @slick Yup! Another good pizza is the one you order after drinking and smoking and playing cards all night.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Don't forget the drive in movie theatre. [view link]
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I've said it before Shadow but I'll say it again. I love the drive-in.
  • BigTuna1
    11 years ago
    Godfathers pizza
  • carl95
    11 years ago
    "everyone is all over the country so it's hard to compare but Clubber is right on with Pizzerina Regina as far as a small chain of pizzeria's in MA. i'd give Papa Gino's an honorable mention for best small chain I believe its only in New England, way better than Papa John's or any of the national chains." Fuck yeah, Papa Gino's. I miss New England, Papa Gino's and candle pin bowling.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion