tuscl

Saving Singles

Good evening out there in Stripclublandia. I hope all is well and stays well. Saving singles, that is the topic at hand. I am the type of cat that likes tipping the ladies on stage. Because of this, I have developed a habit of not spending $1's. Whenever I get change and I have $1's, I put them away for future strip clubbing adventures. Anybody else out there who follows a similar practice?

42 comments

• rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Not really. that is way too much advance planning, nevermind the fact that I have no interest in carrying a wad of singles. When I am in the club and need ones, I just break a larger bill. Simple.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Yup, If a $1 bill gets into my hands, it has an 80% chance of ending up on a stripper's hip or in her garter.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I don't usually need a lot of 1's because I don't do much stage tipping but if I am planning on visiting a Platinum Plus club, I make sure that I have plenty of 1's because they normally give you change in 2's.
  • carl95
    11 years ago
    I save $20's. The bartender will give me ones if I ask and even more ones from drink change.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I'm with you, Slick. I save my singles for tipping at a future club outing.
  • BagBoyJames
    11 years ago
    Love this idea
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Cute idea but I don't go to the stage enough these days to do that. I'm too money clutcher to do so anyway.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    " Anybody else out there who follows a similar practice?"

I don't. I simply go to the bank and ask for as many $1 bills as I need. Simple.
  • VeryBigDawg
    11 years ago
    Singles is the way to go. Have no problem in getting them in Atlanta clubs. But in SC they love to give you change in 2s. I NEVER see 2s in circulation except the clubs there. It was not a big problem as asked the bar keep to change the 2s into 1s, which she cheerfully did.

One club gave me change in suzies. Was I supposed to throw them at the strippers? That really sucked!
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I think clubs that give you $2s in change will give $1s if you ask.

At 3 songs per dancers, that's about 6 dancers an hour. So $1 vs. $2 per tip is $6 vs. $12 per hour. To me $12 per hour for live nude or near-nude entertainment seems like a bargain.
  • JGould717
    11 years ago
    Yeah. I don't carry much cash normally, so when I get a couple singles, I hang onto them. $30 or $40 later, I figure "Okay, it's been a while." It saves me a couple bucks and keeps me from going often.
  • PredragDr
    11 years ago
    What a cheapo?!?! LOL

At Casa Diablo, they explicitly say you need to tip at least $2 per song at the stage. They also won't give you singles only $2 bills.

I have started distancing myself from singles tipping since they are associated with the more "urban" patrons. If I see a girl I like, I'll tip her at least a $5.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I don't worry about keeping all the dollar bills I get as change, because everywhere I've ever gone has somewhere (either the bar in a bar or the door lady at the BYOB clubs I visit) where you can get dollar bills. That said, I do have a tendency to keep my dollar bills that I get as change, but it's not planned that way.
  • Gucci_Mane
    11 years ago
    Every time I go Gucci makes it rain
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    The one thing you can always get at a club is 20 singles for a 20. Or 100 for a 100. It's not like they're as scarce as a dancer with no tats and real boobs.
  • mrrock
    11 years ago
    I don't usually tip at the stage unless I REALLY REALLY want to grab a dancers attention and she's been ignoring me.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Why would I want singles? I always tip dancers with $100 bills. :)
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @PredragDr that's code for "I'm too pathetic to think logically, so I'm gonna give you a $5 and hope you like me for free since I'm such a baller".
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Used to do it but not any more. Just ask the shotgirls to give me 9 $1s for a $10 bill.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    At the clubs I go to, they have these people who work there called "bartenders". When I give them a large bill and say "can I have some ones please?" they go to this apparently wondrous device called a "cash register," which apparently reaches into another dimension or something, because it seems to have a pretty much endless supply, and they pull a bunch of one dollar bills out of it and give them to me.

I think more and more clubs are installing these devices these days, because I'm seeing them pretty much everywhere I go nowadays. Pretty cool if you ask me.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I'm with you slick.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I saved a single once.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    SC expenses (tips & dances) is one of the few things I actually use cash for. Since 98% of all my other purchases don't generate change it's either make a one run to the bank or get change at the club.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    On occasion in a small club they will run out of singles.
  • likes2look
    11 years ago
    I'm with you GMD. Although at my local club they employ a psychic doorman. In addition to collecting the cover charge he seem to have an unlimited supply of ones already counted out in stacks of ten. It was like he was expecting some one to ask for change......spooky huh?
  • slick316
    11 years ago
    All OKC clubs allow smoking. In other words, they stink. And the money isn't any different. I take the singles that they give in me in the club and put them in a different pocket then the one with the money I came in with. And I don't leave with them. Ever. I don't like those nasty ass smelly bills.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The black dives I go to down here in Miami are mostly $5 dances.

I usually get various dances from each dancer so the total after I am done with a dancer can be any multiple of $5. So – what I do is try to hang on to $5s and $10s more than $1s since I don’t do that much stage tipping.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I'll bet I have more singles in the glove box of my truck then anyone else!!!
  • kittykate
    11 years ago
    I knew a stripper who saved all of her singles for a year and bought a Range Rover. I don't know how impressive that is because I have no idea how much a brand new Range Rover costs, but it seems impressive. Especially since it was a lapdance club with very little going on, at the stage.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    It's impressive. Depending on the model of Range Rover, your probably spending $60,000 or more. Props to her.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    My ATF asked me to go with her to buy a new truck one time. She wanted to pay cash, but was afraid questions would arise as to the source of the cash. She decided it safer to just finance. Not sure how she did that with so little income. :)

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Clubber - I'm not sure how that works either. My original ATF leased a Jeep Cherokee and I know that she had a least one credit card. What do they use for credit ratings, etc?
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I rather payout for a car straight cash no leasing, just pay in full. Its cheaper that way.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    sc,

My ATF was even living in Section 8 (I think that's what it's called) housing. I sat in the club one afternoon looking over the contract for her. Wasn't a slum type place at all, but it was new.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… I'll bet I have more singles in the glove box of my truck then anyone else …”

Where do you park your truck?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Papi,

Near my Harley. :)
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    @Clubber is she honestly that broke (to qualify for Section 8), or does she just look broke on paper due to her income being in cash?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    ilbbaicnl,

Far from broke. Just on paper. She retired from dancing after some wise investments (not sure how she did that) and hasn't worked since, to my knowledge. I don't see her often, but I do hear of her and how she is doing.

Last I went to her place, she was living in a condo on the beach and driving her Porsche. Go figure! BTW, she is Asian.:)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Asians in Florida? I thought everyone was either Cuban or worse yet - from New York.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    motor,

That is one reason she is my ATF, rarity! :)

One thing about Florida, the further south you go, the more north you get!

Although, I guess you could say S. Florida is even more south if you count Cuba.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    $60K / (5 shifts per week * 50 weeks per year) = $240 in singles per shift.
  • CaptDan
    11 years ago
    Sometimes I save my $1s for a few days before I got to a club, but usually I just break $20s at a club. If I'm in the mood to throw money at the girls while they're dancing (which is rare for me), I'll go to the bank and get a lot of singles so I don't have to break $160 worth of twenties at the club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion