tuscl

Clubs without their own parking lot

Saturday, July 27, 2013 10:35 PM
I recently visited Larry Flynt's Hustler Club in Baltimore and had to park in a garage and walk over to the club. I had a printable free admission pass to help balance out the parking cost. Any one else know of cities where the the clubs don't have their own parking lots and require customers to pay for parking? The Hustler club downtown in Cleveland has their own lot. I also know the Hustler Club in Detroit (actually suburb Lincoln Park) has their own parking lot but they have a mandatory valet charge of $3. Do any of you frequent clubs that require you to park in a garage and walk over?

13 comments

• Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    In general, my experience has been that clubs in downtown areas are like that. Two here is Seattle, are good examples: Deja Vu, Seattle, and Little Darlings are both in downtown areas with absolutely no parking of their own. The former is near major downtown hotels and tourist attractions. Parking is difficult to find there. I've usually parked in a parking structure three blocks away. Several problems with that. Little Darlings is on the fringe of downtown, so it's difficult to get parking in the evening hours. On street is free and easy to get, or there is a pay lot across the street from the club that is only $5.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    If you gotta bitch about parking ain't a bitch born that's gonna suck your dick
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I used to go to the nude clubs in Windsor, Canada, in the 1980's when they were all the rage. The downtown clubs had no parking lots, and so I became very familiar with Windsor's parking garages.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I agree with Club Goer in that most of the clubs I've been to without their own parking are in downtown areas. OTOH, my first club experience, Admiral Theater in Chicago, is not downtown and does not have it's own parking (it may have valet parking) and when I went there, I always parked at the Jewel grocery store a couple blocks away. Most of the places I visit are at the edge of town or possibly even rural and thus have copious amounts of parking. Hell, a couple places I visit have parking for semis. (They are right off the interstate.)
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Christie's in canton has a tiny lot. I couldn't find an empty spot and parked at the Target lot behind it.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Omar's in Lansing, Michigan is downtown near the state capitol building, several bars, and the Lansing Lugnut's minor league baseball stadium. There is a pay parking lot behind the club, but if you show the parking receipt, the door guy at the club refunds it. I've been there on nights with baseball games and its very difficult to find parking.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Winker's in Winston Salem.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    La Boheme and Diamond Caberat in Denver
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I haven't noticed a lack of parking lots in the Greater Los Angeles area. That also because they build parking lots out here to accommodate every car that might show up at 2 pm on the second Saturday before Christmas . The rest of the year we have wasted space. Donald Shoup, a Yale economist, has a book titled " The High Cost Of Free Parking" that is filled with parking info. Parking is big business.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    The Combat Zone in Boston used to have its own subway station. Now that was convenience.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    parking availability is more a function of the clubs location (dense city vs burbs) more than the intentions of the club itself
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "The Combat Zone in Boston used to have its own subway station." Cool beans. You could get robbed in the strip club and on the ride home.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    NYC (Manhattan) Boston Baltimore (the Block) DC (downtown) Philadelphia (some clubs near downtown, while others have parking) Providence (two bikini clubs downtown, other Providence clubs have parking) Montreal Just to name a few.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion