tuscl

bouncers

crazyjoe
Colorado
Sunday, July 14, 2013 3:02 AM
Anyone else ever get mistaken for the bouncer at a club? I went to my usual club tonite and when I stepped outside by the front door to get some air several people entering the club started trying to hand me their ID's and asking if I was the bouncer. The bouncer was walking a dancer to her car after her shift at the time. Has this ever happened to you?

18 comments

• bigtimer23
    11 years ago
    Lol naw that has never happened too me, but it would probobly make me feel like a big man if it dude. You must be huge? Cheers
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Could never happen to me. Not a big guy, and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the outfits some of the bouncers have to wear at some of the clubs I've gone to.
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    People always come up to me and say that I look like some security person on a show called I think some show on trutv called hard pawn or something like that.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Since I have style and class, nobody with half a brain would mistake me for a Neanderthal with even less brains.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    I was mistaken for a bar stool stripper sat right on my lap.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Not a bouncer, but in any common store, I get approached a lot by other customers asking me questions as if I work there. I seem to carry an air of confidence, that gives people the impression I know what I'm doing (even though I'm just looking for a new candy bar to try in a drug store).
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    ClubGoer, you do have an air of confidence.
  • gsv
    11 years ago
    Were you dressed in all black?
  • Rod8432
    11 years ago
    I usually wear all black at the SC (better for camouflaging wandering hands) and so once in a while, someone mistakes me for a bouncer. Makes me laugh because at 6'1" I guess I have the height, but I hardly the heft. More like Jerry Seinfeld.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I'm just glad I'm not mistaken for a dancer.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    at a club in Montreal back when I was in college, Club Cleopatra I think it was. They gave me and all my friends free drinks all night because they thought I was a lineman for the Montreal Alouettes.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    all in all most of my experiences with bouncers at clubs haven't been bad. I have a friend who has a tendency to get too drunk and then start acting the fool, which now in my more mellow state I do my best to handle things diplomatically on more than one occasion I have had bouncers say that if things got out of hand they were glad it was my friend and not me because they would rather just call the cops then have to deal with me because we would all get hurt.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Fortunately the clothes bouncers wear don't usually match what I wear. I often see some bouncers who are shorter and smaller than me unless they have been working out quite a bit and have a lot of muscle. If I wear shorts, I never confuse anyone.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    No, I'm not 6'6" or weigh over 300 lbs, people just walk on by. :)
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    @ gsv I was wearing a black shirt but this is not the forst time it had happened at this club. It has happened when I am wearing other things too
  • 10inches
    11 years ago
    I am 6'4" about 285 ex-footballer (college) , so yes I have been mistaken for a bouncer.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    lol no never a bouncer but I've been mistaken for a dancer, a waitress and a house mom. Damn what I wouldn't give to be a house mom, even for just a little while.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    That's awesone lopaw
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion