tuscl

Billboards

Out here, in Southern California, along the 60 fwy, the 10 fwy, and the 15 fwy, we have billboards. Not just any billboards, but strip club billboards. Half-naked, wanton women inviting you their club. Anybody else seen billboards or some other gigantic advertisements for strip clubs?

17 comments

• tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Out here on the eastcoast we just have Shadowcat.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I saw a bunch of them driving in LA and Chicago as well as other places in the midwest
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I've seen a few over the years. My favorite club has one, but the ironic thing about it is that the girl on it quit that club shortly after the current billboard was put up, and it's still up over a year later, the last I knew.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Yeah, I've seen a billboard for Paper Moon and Pure Pleasure here in Richmond, VA.

Also seen billboards for strip clubs on the freeway
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    I've seen them in a number of places. Perhaps the most extreme is Cafe Risqué in Florida. The start advertising at least 2 hours away from the club on I-75. Club sucks, but the pour the moolah into advertising by billboard. Probably reflects the fact that it is a truck stop with strippers.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I recall one in Memphis years ago for the Platinum Plus there. I have not seen any in the Atlanta area and when I took my road trip up to Ohio last year I did not see any.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Slick, You mentioned Interstate 15. Just as it enters Las Vegas from L.A., there are billboards for Las Vegas strip clubs. Mostly those close to the fwy. as I recall, but then that's most of the clubs. I recall at least one other for a now-closed club in Las Vegas, near its location.

The Blue Zebra, in North Hollywood, CA, had a billboard on its street, Farmdale Ave., at the intersection of Vanowen Street. That moreso served as a directional sign to the club, since it was otherwise buried within an industrial area the the north.

I think Lopaw has commented on strip clubs in the L.A. area, as I recall.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I've seen a few in the Miami area and Austin, but rarely pay attention to them. There are always those on the side of the Interstates.
  • 3LeggedMan
    11 years ago
    Chicago, home to many of the lamest clubs in the USA, has many billboards celebrating their existence. I find the boards a major improvement over the usual ads for booze, cars, or medical providers.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    There use to be a billboard on the 10 fwy on the way to San Berdoo for Club Flesh with the tagline, "...Psst, I'm at Flesh." A big set of lips whispering secrets to motorists. Gotta love it.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Slick - I know a dancer that used to work at Flesh before it got shut down. She said that it made her present club look like kindergarten.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I love seeing all of the COI billboards as I'm driving to LA....means that I'm getting close to the motherland of SC bliss!
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    New Orleans has some
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Yes we need more jack off material on highways.
  • igloo9999
    11 years ago
    There are a couple in northeast Ohio for one of the Diamond chain. The bad part is either A) the girl they picked ain't that great looking or B ) the billboard company screwed up her face and she looks extremely cross-eyed.
  • JayJay15
    11 years ago
    Cafe Risque in Dunn, NC, has a series (a long series) of billboards leading up and down I-95 in NC, along with one or two in SC and I think a couple in VA heading south.

If Cafe Risque spent as much on their strip club as they spend on their billboards, they'd have quite a club. Unfortunately, for the one in Dunn, NC, at least, it is a case of overpromising and underdelivering. See my 2013 review of the place....
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Lol you can't swing a dead cat pretty much anywhere in LA without seeing a billboard for a nearby stripclub. God I love this town!!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion