tuscl

Memorial Day weekend....Good time to hit the clubs or not?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, May 24, 2013 1:19 PM
I'm gonna give it a shot tomorrow. I just wonder how many of the "entertainers" will be working. Will they go outta town, etc. What are your plans? I'll spend Sun & Mon with family and I will put my flag out in remembrance.

48 comments

• goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I'm layin low this weekend, spending time with the family. Hell, I might even hit the beach!
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    I just put out my RW&B including a nice circa 1776 flag. Did you serve our country when you were younger Mr Cat? I don't know about the club scene to be honest with you but I do know that it ain't in the cards for me. I gotta big trip to Denver coming up where I can get real LDs and play with some real T&A for a change so I'm saving my pennies until that trip on the 10th then I can do it right.
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    Which beach GSB?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I'm going tonight, although I don't want to guess how many will be there.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Mojo- yes 1963-1967 in the USAF.
  • MojoDojo
    11 years ago
    ^Thank you for your service to this country Mr. Cat. I want you to know I appreciate your sacrifice and respect your devotion to God and country.
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    I live within 45mins from 3 different ones in SC so I haven't narrowed that down yet...
  • goodsouthernboy
    11 years ago
    Just realized SC has 3 meanings here with strip clubs, shadowcat and South Carolina. Obviously I meant the last
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    I am guessing - NOT. It just seems that the first "summer like" 3 day weekend will decrease the number of dancers who are willing to work, without decreasing the number of younger PLs (no offense to those of you under 40).
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I'm undecided. I might try a SC tomorrow night but I'm not getting my hopes up on the quantity/ quality of girls working this weekend.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    I will text my favorite waitress on Monday for a "report". If the girls are working, I'm gonna give it a shot. But as you all have said, my expectations are low.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Not
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I'm planning on going clubbing Tommorrow night, not sure what to expect. Maybe it won't rain this weekend.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    It was a great day at Follies today. Myself and 3 other TUSCL buddies found plenty of eager entertainers to take care of us. I did have 2 dancers ask me how I thought tomorrow and Monday would be and I told them I had no idea except that I wouldn't be there.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I went last year on Monday night. It was dead in all three clubs I went to that night.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    I took a chance by daytime clubbing today and hit paydirt with a 19 yo hottie. So far this weekend is starting off right.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Hell, I went out both yesterday and today. I got a new favorite at the club I went to Friday, which is always good. Tonight was pretty good for my #3 club. They got some girls who seem interested in actually selling lapdances tonight, although I think it was because it was dead for most of the time I was there. Tonight was also UFC Whatever (there's a sport I could not care less about) and I personally have this theory that UFC nights drive down attendance in clubs, at least before it's over. Of course, neither of these clubs have extras, but still....
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    My experience on Memorial Day is weak but much respect to the veterans that gave all. My mom, an immigrant, flies Old Glory everyday. I have many an uncle that earned his citezenship by joining the military. Without them, where would I be. Seriously, as an immigrant son, I owe a debt to our military immigrants. I love this country. Only country where people move to, so they can become something. America isn't just a country, it's an idea, an ideal. To become an American is an amazing accomplishment. Adk my Mama. Ask my Pops. God bless America.
  • dancer888
    11 years ago
    I stay away from MIA during MDW and dance in Key West or Islamorada.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Instead of starting a new thread about memorial day weekend I'm just being this old one from 2 years ago.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I have friends coming in from out of town, and we're planning on a trip or two to the SCs, probably multiple clubs. Hope it's good!
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    There's a SC in Islamorada? In all the times we've been through there we've never noticed.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I'm definitely not staying home this weekend after recovering from being sick and staying home last weekend. zero chance of rain, bone dry outside.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    My main club is closed Monday until 8 pm. Probably because the day manager wanted it off and no one wanted to cover.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Finally going to Follies Sunday night. I'd have preferred a dayshift since that seems to be the consensus preference (and it sounds more like my speed), but the schedule likely won't allow - and I imagine a Sunday day shift is different than other days anyway.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Sunday day shifts at Follies are actually not bad. They just get started a little late. I'm always kidding the bouncers about church getting out late.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Late actually works for me just great. I'll have more time to get back to Atlanta from here. I'll plan to try it out around 4-5...if there's a better time, I'm all ears. Even going to open up the wallet a bit more based on Rech's report. Oh: in what should come as a shock to no one, cops are out in force in GA. Be careful on the roads. Got stopped once - no ticket: asked me about my tint, which is factory.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I have a gig tonight (PM me if you're in the NW Burbs of Chicago and want to see the band!) and I'm hitting the club this afternoon to get warmed up by my ATF, who probably can't make it to the show. I was wondering too if the club will be busy with people getting off of work early for the long weekend.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    A lot of people travel for memorial day weekend, so there's a good chance people will be stuck on the freeways and airports rather than at the clubs this afternoon. Since I'm in a tourist town we may get club traffic Saturday or Sunday. But usually the tourists want clubs they can drink at near the water (where most vacationers stay). That and 'Zonies get better mileage at home in general.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    I went at lunchtime to a club by my work. It was dead. Lower number of girls too. It's nice weather out. People have plans for the 3 day weekend. Probably equals not good clubbing time for most.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It's overcast here. A lot of dancers don't plan their money around holidays. Some may travel for the holiday, buy who would travel on memorial day on a strippers schedule, where you can basically take time off whenever? Plus I expect all the girls who only dance weekends will still be around. Last night was dead for customers, so it is possible some girls will just give up.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    The random times I've gone on Memorial Day Weekend, clubs were maybe a bit thinner than normal on crowds and dancer lineups. That said, I rarely recall being disappointed in going. Remember the adage, "all it takes is one dancer"....................
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I went today after work. Dead for a Friday at happy hour, but basically felt like a Wednesday.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I imagine last weekend was packed. anniversary parties are like that. I like being able to sit down. I'm not too worried about a small crowd with the biggest club in town shut down. Just a small handful of guys wanting to visit strip clubs will fill up half of Greenville's strip clubs.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Going to try it out tomorrow afternoon. I hope I have success.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Had a brilliant nite tonite! I hope tomorrow is just as good for me. Let the other girls go to the shore, just means more for me;) me me me, gosh we strippers are a self-centered bunch!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I went yesterday afternoon and the place was packed! My ATF said she didn't know anyone though. She must have had a good day because when we went to the CR for my usual 5 for $60 she said give me $70 and you'll get a half hour! That was a no brainer for me of course. She did her thing, we had a few drinks, and we actually slept the last 15 minutes! That was really fun!!! First time we slept together in the club LOL
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    hmm, just thinking, a dancer slept with me inside a club. Sleeping right on my lap in the main room. lol, I could argue I slept with every dancer in the club since I've fallen asleep at one club too. One dancer told me she was going to take a picture of me if she caught me sleeping in the club. Too bad they closed up Platinum. When it got boring, I could fall asleep. At 3 or 4 or 5 am,not too hard to do.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I've had dancers cuddle up on me on the main floor and doze. Usually a result of booze/pot and and when it's chilly I wear a fleece sweatshirt.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I never club on holiday weekends, especially on holidays like Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day. Not only do the clubs tend to get busy, but there are often safety checkpoints that I have no interest in going through after having a few pops at the club. I just wait for the next quiet weekday night and go then.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    seaboard, "There's a SC in Islamorada? In all the times we've been through there we've never noticed." Woody's West side of US1 just south of Lorelei. . Been there many times, but nothing special and have been ripped off. See reviews.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It's funny, people who don't drink and drive don't have to worry about checkpoints
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    ^ True James. As an added bonus, I also hear that guys who lecture other guys for having a couple of pops at a club don't have to worry about testicular cancer either. ;) No doubt that you'll be the first one considered when they come up with the "Old Dude Hanging Out In Strip Clubs In Gym Shorts While Drinking Bottled Water" trophy. In fact, I'm so moved that I can't get the song "Wind Beneath my Wings" out of my head right now. ;)
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Follies near normal for a Sat afternoon. 15 min wait for a VIP room at 5PM.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    A usual go to club was very slow tonight. Not half the normal number of girls and lots fewer customers. Several people said it was the holiday.
  • rentz2
    9 years ago
    It's really slow at follies right now on Memorial Day
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    My general rule is to avoid the clubs on the holidays.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Agree about the checkpoints, but I always take the train+Uber/Lyft when I know I'll be doing heavy drinking. Also, I don't do night shift after 10pm, and before 10, the dayshifts and early nightshifts don't tend to get any busier than usual. I went on Saturday, not realizing that it was Carnival in San Francisco, so the clubs were extra slow. Went to a few clubs, and at a few times during the day, my buddies and I were the only guys in the club. There was one club we went to where, besides us, the most other customers in the club was 3. Kinda fun!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion