tuscl

Pro Sports Towns and Strip Clubs.

Lionshare
Pennsylvania
Friday, May 10, 2013 6:48 AM
Big news in Palm Beach County is that the Dolphins are considering a move in order to get a new Stadium. Palm Beach County was specifically mentioned and not shot down by the owner of the team who lives in Palm Beach. Does the presence of a Pro Sports Team,.such as the Dophins change the strip club landscape in that town? Will A move to Palm Beach mean more clubs, more extras, lower or higher prices? Or does it not really matter. I have noticed a significant difference in extras and prices between where I live and clubs close to the Stadium in North Miami.

28 comments

• tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Lion! This can go two ways,the local gov. may want to clean up the area to make it family friendly or the said gov. can be greased by a cartel of club owners.Anyway, I have wintered in monied P. Beach and I don't see this happening in their backyard.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Personally, I think the two are so diverse that they have nothing to do with each other under normal circumstances. However, when something major goes on in the sports venue, it certainly does. Check Tootsie's after a Dolphin game.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    I agree pretty far fetched, interesting none the less.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    When the Dallas Cowboys moved to Arlington Texas It had a major impact on the strip clubs there and not in a good way. Clubs got shut down to clean up the area.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    I sense that close proximity of strip clubs to the stadiums is all that could be assessed, and not whether more strip clubs open citywide, just because of the sudden presence of a new pro sports stadium. Here in Seattle, both stadiums are a block apart. Safeco Field (Mariners) opened in 1999, and CenturyLink Field (Seahawks, Sounders), opened in 2002 (under a different name). The only strip club within walking distance of the two, Dreamgirls, didn't open until 2010, and the Mariners fought its opening. So, it wasn't a fast process here, and I doubt that it would be much faster in another city. Dreamgirls banked on the close proximity to the two stadiums. It doesn't appear to have succeeded. Among Seattle strip clubs, it's not one of the popular clubs discussed by TUSCL members. It's a Deja Vu-owned club--low mileage. It has relatively few reviews for its three years since opening. Perhaps your real question is, "Do strip clubs near stadiums do a different level of business, quantity- and quality-wise, than those further away from the stadiums?"
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Actually, this is an interesting question. I grew up in Jupiter (in Palm Beach County) and there are clubs in West Palm Beach that aren't going anywhere. What it will most likely mean is that SPECIFIC girls are going to be making more money and that will probably drive the cost of extras with those girls (if they provide them) up while other girls probably lower theirs to compensate. Where I live right now, the Redskins are going to be practicing about a quarter of a mile away from my club and we're predicting a little spike in business from them. IME, professional athletes are mostly just good for stage money.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Duo, I watched the last episode or Hemlock, and I was all like WTF is this shit.... They really went for it those last two episodes. Pretty bad ass.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Speaking of stadiums, why are taxpayers required to foot the bill for new stadiums for teams' billionaire owners? Sports teams are profit-making organizations and they can buy their own stadiums.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Jackslash - Bob Kraft, owner of the Patriots, built his stadium with the only public funds going to roadway improvements. I have seen pro athletes in clubs in MA but the most notorious was when Mo Vauhgn played for the Red Sox. He was a regular at the Foxy Lady Providence and was known by all the dancers as a Whale who frequented VIP. One night he rolled his car over at 3:00 am while driving home from his favorite club.
  • Lionshare
    11 years ago
    Thats a great question. Teams usualy cite the benefits of having such a huge organization. Jobs,charities, tourism, people spending money.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    I do not think a pro sports team helps the clubs. The traffic does not go up much since the games occur on Sunday and the next day to a work day and the games are so F>>>ing expensive they have no money left. In Indy the traffic always seamed to go up when there was a race or time trials etc. but not when the Colts were home. I stayed away from the clubs on race weekends.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Take a look at Los Angeles. No pro football team but plenty of strip clubs.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    TT makes a good point. Considering the expense of going to any pro sporting event, how many customers actually budget money for the day of the game to go to a strip club afterward? For the clubs near stadiums that have large crowds after the games, I wonder how many in the crowd that came from the game are buying dances. I sense that most of those are just looky-loos sitting at or near the stage. It may have been on impulse that they went into the club after the game, perhaps after realizing how much traffic is in the area, and then deciding to wait it out inside the club while traffic dissipates.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    One would think they would go hand in hand – but maybe not. Often times big time entertainment complexes would rather get rid of any competition for their $$$/profits – especially if the competition may not be “compatible” with the type of entertainment *they* are offering: e.g. 1) Orlando, FL clubs suck and many speculate it is b/c of the Disney influence. 2) I lived in the Dallas, TX area while the new Cowboys stadium was being constructed and moved from the area shortly before the stadium opened. The new stadium opened in nearby Arlington, TX which is a relatively small city but it had 10+ SCs b/f the Cowboys stadium started to be built and now has 1 or 2 barely hanging on – most blame Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' influence. I would venture to say that it may be more a case of local government being lax/lenient or hard on these types of businesses as to whether they are plentiful or not.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Like Duo said the professional athletes are mostly good for making it rain. They're usually not buying dances.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    When is Tijuana gonna have a baseball team?
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    I've been in a downtown LA strip club near Staples Center when the Lakers were playing and the place was no busier compared to when they are away. I don't think it makes much of a difference. What has been pulling people in is UFC & boxing regardless of where the fight is being held.
  • Cable
    11 years ago
    Mons Venus and 2001 are conveniently just down the street from Raymond James Stadium and the Yankees spring training complex in Tampa.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I would have to think by the original poster's logic, the place with the best strip clubs in America would be Green Bay, Wisconsin. Somehow, I don't think they have good ones there.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Jack, Last I knew, public $$$'s have not been spent on Joe Robbie Stadium, aka whatever the F&#@ it is now!
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    @ Clubber: Here's the history of the names and years of what was originally Joe Robbie Stadium (courtesy of [view link] -- a favorite resource of mine): 1. Joe Robbie Stadium (1987-1996) 2. Pro Player Park (1996) 3. Pro Player Stadium (1996-2005) 4. Dolphins Stadium (2005-2006) 5. Dolphin Stadium (2007-2009) 6. Landshark Stadium (2009-2010) 7. Sun Life Stadium (2010-Present) Gee, I missed a few. I never heard of the subtle differences between #2 and #3. Same with #4 and #5. Also, I never knew #6.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The Dolphins stadium upgrade was supposed to be voted on by the voters of Miami-Dade county but the Florida legislature in Tallahassee was supposed to approve the referendum first. The Florida Senate approved the referendum but then it was killed in the Florida House. It came as a pretty big surprise – the referendum was basically killed by the FL House speaker by not allowing it to come up for a vote in the House. So the Miami-Dade county voters did not get a chance to vote on the referendum and the stadium upgrades are now up in the air. The failure for the team to get the funds for the stadium upgrades has caused different rumors to surface such as the team being possibly lured to Palm Beach county as the OP referenced.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    Dolfan, where are you?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Club, I know all that. I held season tickets up till last year. It will always be Robbie or JRS to me. Ask me 15 years ago could I imagine not going to Dolphin games? I would have thought you a lunatic. Now, don't miss it at all.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    <i>Speaking of stadiums, why are taxpayers required to foot the bill for new stadiums for teams' billionaire owners? Sports teams are profit-making organizations and they can buy their own stadiums.</i> They do this for other big business - especially manufacturing plants - forgive taxes for some period and other such bullshit. It's just the unchosen, the small business, that has to pay all the taxes. This is why there has been a decrease of small business of 22% or so.
  • Cheo_D
    11 years ago
    Oh, last time I visited I saw some of the publicity in Miami for supporting the upgrade to SunLife -- "Jobs for Miami, and it's the Tourists who will pay"; IOW the public funding for the new facilities would be expected to be paid off with some sort of tax socked onto goods and services mostly affecting the tourists (hotels, car rentals, etc.) Real sweet, guys ... sock it to the economic sector that MADE your damn city.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I believe they were going to add a penny tax to Miami-Dade county hotel rentals and only hotel rentals to the best of my knowledge. And it’s not really a “tourist only tax” if one wants to split hairs b/c *anyone* renting a hotel room would pay the extra tax whether they are a visiting tourist or a local – although most hotel renters one would think would be tourists.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “…They do this for other big business - especially manufacturing plants - forgive taxes for some period …” The Miami Dolphins stadium renovation does not fit exactly into a tax forgiveness/reduction situation. The money for the stadium would come from a *new* tax/revenue source and used to fund the stadium upgrades.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion