tuscl

What's With All This Food Shit?

Monday, May 6, 2013 5:03 PM
All these food threads are becoming boring. I readily recognize the relationship between food and sexuality. BUT, you guys are talking about food that is pure crap - Mickey D's, Burger King, biscuits and gravy, scrapple, Coke, Pepsi. Give me a fuckin' break! That stuff is all 100% shit. How about something like: Foie gras vs. caviar....or Latour '45 vs. Petrus '89 or Oysters Rockefeller vs. Cedar Planked Sockeye Salmon or Creme brulee vs. Chocolate Cream Mousse ????? I once took a stripper to dinner and ordered foie gras for her. She had never tasted this stuff before and was very wary of the dish when it arrived but she finally tasted a sample (it was served in a Bordeaux reduction with figs). I watched her as she got the benefit of this magnificent, unctuous dish. Her eyes opened wide and sparkled. Her cheeks flushed. Her voice was silky and throaty when she asked me what this was. I can't imagine a reaction like that over a Mickey D's ratburger or KFC greasy undercooked chicken.

21 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Farmerart, you are classy. You and my Pops have similar tastes all the way and I must admit that you're on the money.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    Not all of us have the disposable cash.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I'm not sure if most dancers I know would appreciate foie gras or caviar. All my ATF's hit Taco Bell on the way home and consider Olive Garden fine dining.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    "What's With All This Food Shit" BOREDOM!
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "What's With All This Food Shit" BOREDOM! ----- So true! Just how many ways can we discuss PL's, cheap OTC hook ups, looser boyfriends, 2 AMers, strippers in community college, annoying DJ's, drugs, booze, rap music, and ROBs. Fresh topics are always welcome.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    We like whores, not exactly the highest tier of women. So what do you think our taste in food is going to be?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    ;)
  • MondoGoGo
    11 years ago
    I vote that we all take out the big ass "pretentious" stick and beat the hell out of farmerart with it...lol BTW my ATF undergoes that same sort of emotional transformation when she chows on my "froggy" in particular when she is treated to the "creme" filling...(hey a PL can dream can't he!)
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Aside from Cedar Planked Salmon and the occasional nice bottle of wine I eat most of that other stuff maybe twice a year. Food doesn't have to be high end or fancy to be good. Additionally you need to go for a bit of broad appeal. Almost everyone eats BBQ, Pie and even fast food. Foie gras not so much. I know several people who won't eat it purely on humanitarian grounds.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    vincemichaels hit the nail on the head. farmer I think you forget everybody don't have endless paper...you forgot that in your whale thread too
  • Cable
    11 years ago
    My long time OTC/ATF came by my beach condo the other day and I cooked dinner for her-fettuccine Alfredo with pan-seared diver scallops. Best sex ever ensued. She had never eaten scallops before and said they were "revelatory." IME most strippers don't know many five syllable words.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Can't stand foie gras. I only eat oysters rockefeller at Antoine's. I normally have oysters in a po-boy at Acme or raw with jello shots after a hard night drinking. I don't drink Latour, it's overpriced. White Bordeaux is a better deal than red. I don't usually eat dessert although I enjoy the occasional Sauternes or Port. Last time I bought caviar was in Volgograd, direct from the farmer (they don't catch it wild there any more, at least not legally). It was delicious.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    FarmerA, I like duck fat and fish eggs too. I dun 'et snails an' mold an all dat' fancy stuff. It can be good, but I discovered that the real secret of French cooking is cooking with fresh butter and I don't like the taste or smell of cooked butter. Since most of the "high-class dishes" in nice eateries in No. America are French, I find that most "fancy" meals taste (to me) like rancid butter. NOT my idea of "date food." But I very much like simple American fare like pan fried squirrel brains smothered in white gravy, or deer butt chili. Buffalo (American Bison) steaks are first rate and fried gator tail can be really good. Not everything American is on my favorites list. I'm not fond of rattlesnake unless it's smothered in BBQ sauce and both times I ate raw mountain oysters I thought they stunk. But in general, simple "primitive" North American foods are better tasting and more interesting. I cannot stand the McD burger, but the Whopper (no cheese) is a good meal and I don't mind an occasional bag of fries. Perhaps not date food, but every month or two a good burger hits the right spot. I do also eat at chains like Chili's or Friday's on occasion. I'm not proud of it, but there are a bunch of sit down "casual eateries" and I am too often lazy or in a hurry. Sure, fancy French fish eggs and snails will probably impress a stripper. Applebee's or Denny's will also impress most strippers I've met. The few stripper's who won't be impressed by Friday's, will likely be impressed by a good bottle of real Italian wine, a bright goat cheese, hard bread and a secluded beach, plus on the beach I won't have to smell butter cooking!
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I once took my ATF to Lydia Shire's Restaurant, "Scampo" at the Liberty Hotel inside the old Charles Street Jail in Boston.. First, I had the best arm candy in the building; second, it was beyond her experience to be treated royally, and third; she still talks about the meal and the experience. And, since we were in a $500 hotel room in a former jail within an hour of finishing dinner, I was able to handcuff her and....
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I agree farmerart. It seems like every freaking thread is about food. I don't come to TUSCL to talk about food, I have the food network for that.
  • TortillaChip
    11 years ago
    Gawd damn is Farmerart having his period? All he do is bitch moan bitch moan lately.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    The only French thing that I enjoy is DFK.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think Art needs to come to Deroit and hit a strip club
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I love doller burgers and 5 lappers
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    @TortillaChip & motorhead, Could be that I am a bit testy after four and a half months of isolation in the exploration camp (two brief forays to civilization for business emergencies). This is called 'cabin fever' or being 'bushed'. I will admit to being HORNY.
  • endlesstempo
    11 years ago
    I like your style, farmerart. Foie gras for sure. Not a fan of caviar generally although sturgeon caviar is occasionally a great treat, but none of the places I've been to that have it, serve it right. Never had the pleasure of trying Latour '45 nor Petrus '89, not sure I'd prefer either though since I'm not a wine guy, I prefer single malt scotch personally. Oysters Rockefeller, easily over Cedar Sockeye Salmon. If you had said some preparation of Chilean Sea Bass, then that'd be a tougher decision for me. Creme brulee over chocolate mousse. Next question! This is fun lol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion