tuscl

Percentage of Single Moms

joewebber
Georgia
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 3:43 AM
Back in the late 70s/early 80s, by my observation, I would guess that about 20% of all dancers were single moms here in the Atlanta area. I am thinking that here in 2013, probably around 85% are now single moms. does that number seem right?

40 comments

• Clubber
    11 years ago
    How would one even arrive at a "number"? If asking them, then have you heard of "SS"?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Other than a drug habit why else would they be giving $100 blow jobs?
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    Single motherhood is becoming the norm for women who, unfortunately, have low income and job skills. Stripping is one way to make money without having to learn, read or produce anything but a fantasy for us PLs. We don't know what the long term effect of single motherhood will be on our country, but the early evidence makes me shudder.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    It often seems like it's 100%, but I know that isn't a fact because at one of the clubs I visit regularly, two of the dancers I get dances from regularly claim to not be mothers, and they don't look like they've given birth ever. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the one was truly a lesbian. Of course, being a lesbian doesn't stop one from giving birth, but still, that would be a point in her favor.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Super Dude: One word on the devastating effects of single motherhood is having on the USA = Obama
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    This is due to poverty lifestyle and the disinigration of segregation. Back in the 70s, I'm pretty sure you were hard pressed to find an ethnic stripper in the club. Ethnicity bbeing the most prominent poverish area of race, when you allow poverty line girls into the job, the single motherhood increases.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    75-85% sounds about right.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Yeah. I'll go along with 85%.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Joe, it is meaningful, but I'm not sure I'd peg it as high as 85%. There are a fair amount of young, childless women who get into this business for various reasons. This especially holds true in a lot of the large tourist trap clubs located in some of the biggest cities, such as NYC. Also, here in the northeast, there are a lot of Russian and Latin girls who dance because they cannot work legally in the States. I deal with a lot of Russian girls each year and virtually none of them have kids. They are almost all universally doing this in order to send money back home. But having said all of that, there are also some clubs that I visit, particularly in the South, where it seems like most, if not all, of the dancers are single moms. If I had to guess, I would peg the number at about half, with higher concentrations in some clubs/areas and lower concentrations in others.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The last 4 dancers who have been ATFs or OTC partners on more than 1 occasion have been Single mothers. NOT SS as I saw and met their children.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I'm sure there are some young 18-22 dancers that are single but since I almost exclusively dance with women 28+ the percentage of moms approach 100%
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    Once again it may be a regional phenomena but in Massachusetts I would guess no more than 40%. I know one stripper who has had 4 abortions but no kids. At my favorite club I can only think of 5 or 6 single moms out of dozens of dancers. There is one of my faves who is 38 years old and has been pining for a child. I assured her I'd do anything I could to help but she declined. She is college educated and has been dancing for 15 years both in San Francisco and Massachusetts. She has saved a lot of $$$ and took this winter off & went to California. Another dancer told me she gave birth to a baby boy last week. Technically a single mom, but not typical.
  • bubbaloo
    11 years ago
    As long as the government rewards single mothers and like behavior it's only going to continue. Someday those of us who work and pay taxes, thereby being penalized for it, will stop working all together. Who will pay for everything then?
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    During day shift I see more single moms than the night shift. I had a day dancer turn me down for dances saying she had to leave to pick up kid from school. Good mom lol
  • tenisbum1776
    11 years ago
    I'm a day shift guy and I can't remember the last time I had a dance with a girl who WASN'T a single mom. @rickdugan: I'll have to come visit you. Ya pinemyu e gavarot par Ruskie :-)
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    Well, you know, barring the ones that are married or otherwise in relationships with the fathers of their offspring and just don't tell you. It's kind of interesting that this thread approaches "single motherhood" as a problem that lies solely on the (apparently ethnic, poverty stricken) single mother's shoulders. The answer to avoiding becoming a single mother is either a) abstinence (which I doubt anyone supports) b) contraception (not always 100% effective), c) abortion (about as many people support this as abstinence) or d) marrying the dumbass that got you knocked up. Single motherhood is becoming the norm in a country with a rapidly rising divorce rate and a more lax definition of "manhood". Just as there are dancers with 4 kids and meth mouths, there are also lawyers that fall into the category of "single mothers". Plus, if more people valued the sanctity of marriage I imagine that this site's user base would dramatically decrease. As an aside, just about all of the dancers at my club that have children are caucasian females, about 18-23, and very few of them are actually "single". SO IN CONCLUSION: Y U MAD THO?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    And trhere are many, many so called men who only want to fuck these dancers or civilian women and if she gets pregnant these Asshole guys flee to the hills and disappear leaving the woman with child and holding the bag so to speak. "and a more lax definition of "manhood" " - I'd say it is WORSE than that!!!!!
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I thought over all my faves from the past 4 years, girls I got to know well enough to be sure of their family situation. 80% were moms, but one was married and so not a single mom. My experience is probably not representative of the whole stripper population. I almost always hit the clubs in the afternoon, the best time for dancers with kids to work, and I prefer dancers who are in their mid 20's to early 30's, which excludes the youngest dancers who have not yet been knocked up.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Bubbaloo: "As long as the government rewards single mothers and like behavior it's only going to continue. Someday those of us who work and pay taxes, thereby being penalized for it, will stop working all together. Who will pay for everything then?" Preach it! I do not understand what is wrong with a condom or a birth control pill.
  • joewebber
    11 years ago
    What duo does not address is the number of dancers that don't care at all about contraception. Nor do they want to abort or adopt out these unplanned kids. A number of them are quick to have the child, and then immediately hand the kid off to their mother (because she did such a stellar job raising her daughter--extreme sarcasm) or place them in daycare. They treat the kids like those little toy dogs Paris Hilon carries around like a fashion accessory. And "15 and pregnant" on MTV doesn't help. One of the dancers I know has had three kids from two different men, and her first pregnancy was at 15. The main point I've gleaned from all of you is that our community is growing a generation of unplanned children from irresponsible parents, and that it seems like these kids will ultimately be our demise.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @joewebber True, but it's not only dancers that this is a problem with. There's a large number of unemployed women that use having a child as another way to get a check, a living breathing source of income.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    My ATF is a 27 year old single mom of a 7 year old son. She lost custody of him when he was 2 and she got arrested for heroin posset ion. Her mother has taken and raised the boy for 5 years. The baby daddy is now out of jail and the happy parents live together and take the boy for weekends. My ATF tells me when she was in middle school her mother would smoke weed with her before school. When 14 mommy dearest taught her about state sponsored healthcare and how to qualify; about section 8 housing, food stamps, etc. Now she makes about $100,000 a year cash in tips and payments from Johns. She gets a W-2 from the club for about $5,000 which makes her eligible for an earned income credit from IRS . The son appears to be a well adjusted kid who is in gifted classes, playing ice hockey and overall a good kid. I've met him a few times and he's got a good handle on his mothers " sickness". He's used to mom not showing up for birthdays, dad being in prison, but who knows what forms our personalities. One time when I drove my friend to the methadone clinic she came out talking with a dude. She said she used to blow him for $40 bags of heroin when she was 15. She remembers one time when she and her mom went with this guy and his friend and that she remembers her mom blowing the friend in the back seat. Kind of reminds me of Ozzie & Harriet. Sure am glad my tax dollars are going to the needy as well.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    "The main point I've gleaned from all of you is that our community is growing a generation of unplanned children from irresponsible parents, and that it seems like these kids will ultimately be our demise." Unfortunately the kids will pay for it - either with time in prison or an early death due to violence.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    If they are coming out of a methadone clinic, hopefully the bunch of them is getting their shit together.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    @gawker I think we in agreement about the earned income tax credit. It probably serves its purpose in the general population, but strippers know how to work the system. I've known far too many strippers that make 6 figures yet get a huge refund from the EIC. I don't know what's worse. Strippers working the system or the government allowing it.
  • joewebber
    11 years ago
    The welfare system originated from a desire to help war widows (single moms). Just like any other government program, this one has created the "free ride" from the abuse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Per the NY Times: “…It used to be called illegitimacy. Now it is the new normal. After steadily rising for five decades, the share of children born to unmarried women has crossed a threshold: more than half of births to American women under 30 occur outside marriage …” [view link]
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    How many strippers have heard of condoms?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "How many strippers have heard of condoms!" All of them, but their boyfriends won't use them cuz they are too tight.
  • Dain
    11 years ago
    These comments prove the high intelligence and decency of my fellow hobbyists. Thank you, gentlemen!
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I'm part of the problem in that I pay extra for BBFS . Being old and diabetic and can't feel a hell of a lot when I've got a raincoat on. I convinced my ATF that I have neuropathy of the dick. I must be shooting blanks at this point in my life anyway. More often than not I have trouble reaching climax and have to bring my old friend Mary Palm and her 5 sisters into action. Then the question becomes where I drop the load. On the tits? In the face? On the ass? As I've done this a thousand times I've wondered if its the same instinct as a dog marking his territory? Off the subject a little but what do you think?
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    In my time in the hobby I have come to know four different dancers rather well. None of them are single moms. One of them is a mom but her son is in his early 20s and no longer dependent on her. Is this another Canada-USA cultural difference?
  • Corvus
    11 years ago
    Art, I'd be willing to say this is another of the thousands of cultural differences between our two countries.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    You take your chances, but I don't see this as being compared to a dog territory marking. If you can't ejaculate in her vagina or mouth, then do it where you can gawker.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @alucard on her stomach? @duo well sir, white people are also in poverty too. That's why I only mentioned ethnics once. @gawker that bitch sounds fucking sick in the head. Reminds me of madea's diary of a mad black woman. Only I assume gawker's girl was white. Personally, that kid belongs adopted with a whole new family and not with dearest grandma. Don't seem like she knows how to raise kids either. She just seems to be getting dumb lucky with her grandson Overall, its a sad sad world out there, and for people like me, us young guys can't control the stupidity of many of you old folks. Since I'm from a poversh land, I consider myself really dumb fucking lucky I learned how not to be a dumbass from the streets. More money for me when all you old folks retire. I got no kids and don't need to worry about family. Don't worry guys, there are a few kids out there with a good head on their shoulders.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I'm getting embarrassment transfer from most of this thread. @estafador correction: ma'am. White people are the crowned queens of the trailer park, NEVAR FORGET. @gawker oh yeah, embarrassment transfer is strong with this one. You pay extra for BBFS which means... I guess if you get an STD fuck it? or if you give one? Your real problem would be neuropathy of the empathetic part of your brain. JFC just come on your hand, wipe it on your pant leg and reach for a tissue later.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    fa, I would bet you could write a book on the differences between the cultures of our two countries. I've only been in Canada a time or two and not for long either time, but those short excursions were eye openers. Both were some time ago and just crossing the border was so different.
  • she_is_covfefe
    11 years ago
    I guess I did it right; college, military/stripping, marriage, a baby, and an IUD. I know I sound a bit like a snob for saying this, but I wouldn't never had a kid if I wasn't properly educated and single.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… I know I sound a bit like a snob for saying this, but I wouldn't never had a kid if I wasn't properly educated and single …” Sounds like the right way to go about it to me. I think the people whom would have issue w/ your statement would be those that are not properly educated, single, and have a kid(s).
  • kingcripple
    11 years ago
    I take the bus just about everywhere. a few years ago i saw a stripper i knew get on the bus i was taking home from my college. she had a small child with her. fast forward a year and a half her and i finally talk and she started talking about her son and claiming to be single. So its possible. Not all SS IMO. I would say the vast majority of strippers who do have kids (they exist) are not single though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion