tuscl

Thought Experiment

Monday, January 21, 2013 4:48 PM
You are about to walk into you favorite SC one evening when a man you recognize as Michael Anthony, executive secretary to the fabulously wealthy John Beresford Tipton, Jr., approaches you and hands you an envelope explaining that it is a tax-free gift from his employer. Anthony then vanishes around the corner never again to enter your life. Looking inside the envelope you find, alas, not the usual million dollar cashier's check (apparently Tipton was having a bad week or just feeling cheap), but 100 crisp 100 dollar bills ($10,000). How much of that 10 grand do you have on you after your visit to the SC (or do you even go)?

32 comments

• georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Divert to the bank, deposit most of it, keeping about $500-1,000 out, depending. My SB needs a new car, so no point in wasting it on the unknown when I can go spend it on a sure thing.
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    I bet $5000 against juice for the Superbowl, deposit $4500 in the bank and spend $500 in the strip club.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    $9832
  • davejones1978
    11 years ago
    Leave the club and go to another in case he comes back. Spend probably $500.
  • JacksonEsskay
    11 years ago
    So far everyone has more will power than I would. I am sure I would leave with less than half . . . sigh. P.S., am I the only one who know who Michael Anthony and John Beresford Tipton, Jr. are?
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Buy 10,000 lottery tickets
  • nickifree
    11 years ago
    Ten to fifteen years ago $8,000. Nowadays, $9,900.
  • chimark
    11 years ago
    if I'm in the club when I get handed the envelope I have a feeling at least 1grand would be left in the club and possibly 1500. I look at it like a bonus and I probably would have planned to spend some money before I walked in anyway.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I know who there are.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I remember the TV show "The Millionaire."
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    If I didn't bolt immediately, 9K.
  • cnyknight
    11 years ago
    depends on the club and the girls there but id think no more than 1g at the club
  • mrrock
    11 years ago
    Prolly about 9,000 -9,400 left for me. I'd have a really fun evening at the club but would use the rest on bills.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    My philosophy would be "free money?" okay splurge a bit, but you really hit diminishing returns after $500 or so, and it's hard to think of even being able to spend more than $1200 even if you do everything you want. So I would set the limit at $1200. The rest, I would ask txtittyfan for financial advice about and then... do the opposite! (bet nobody saw a txtittyfan joke coming from me here!)
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Leave the club immediately to go home and find out who the fuck Michael Anthony and John Beresford Tipton, Jr. are?
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    I would spend $1000 on my fav. To show her appreciation, I'm sure she would give me OTC, bbfs all night. The rest of the money I would probably waste.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I would probably spend a little more than I normally would but would probably have somewhere in the range of 9500-9600 remaining. Unless I set up some otc for that night at which point it would be 9200-9300.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think Michael Anthony played bass for Van Halen. The other guy made it rain before black rappers started doing it.
  • silkypants
    11 years ago
    Dougster got me confused. He said he would spend more the $1200 that night but in a review he spent $1000 on one girl. So the question to me is where am I at when I get them money? In Minnesota I spend $500 or less and go home. At The Inner Room I go nuts and spend $1000, Mons Venus maybe 2k. At the Penthouse club I try to keep it in check and only spend $3000.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    @silky: I said "no more" than $1200. The $1000 on one girl was at the Mustang Ranch, which is a brothel not a strip club (although they are supposedly trying to merge the two models).
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I'd leave the strip club immedietely and flip it with stocks and art supplies. You'll probably see me again in a year with 10x that amout awith a continued steady build. I actually asked a question like this on facebook (minus the names) and got unwanted results with it being (spend half on fun and the other half on work).
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Hey Jackson! Leave the podunk club I was about to step into (cuz that's what I have to work with most of the time). Call farmerart and start driving to Toronto. Spend roughly 1-2k. Recover for a few weeks. Repeat until funds depleted.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    9,995. No bullshit. I'd tip tip a dollar to five stage dancers and whisper to each one "bitch, I'm going places". Then I'd flip that money like only a true Jedi Knight could. Selling stolen electronics on eBay.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    $10K?...........I'd try to find a bottle of Chateau Latour '45. I once had a SC night approaching $10K.....NEVER AGAIN!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    D, you would'nt short treasuries?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Jack, you're outta whack.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    When I saw the name Michael Anthony, I was wondering why Eddie Van Halen wasn't around, then I realized he wasn't in Van Halen anymore. I would hope no strippers saw me take the money, because I would probably still have $9500 for sure left over.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I would leave with nothing. I am sure, as I passed out and hit the floor, some wonderful patron or employee of the SC would relieve me of my "burden" before I regained consciousness at the hospital.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    I would say fuck the club and start my own crack and meth business
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    9K but I would leave and put 9K away and return with 1K
  • canny
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't walk in. I have more important things to spend that much money on.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I would guess at least 50% of us have $10K to blow in one night at a SC if we wanted to, so it's not a very interesting thought experiment for us.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion