tuscl

Final Four

Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:25 PM
The conference games are set. It happened exactly as I thought it would: Patriots vs Ravens 9ers vs Falcons I'm a Pats fan for life, but Ray Lewis has been my favorite player in the league for as long as I can remember. From now on, before I leave the house to do anything, I'll watch Ray Lewis videos for inspiration. And it amazes me how Baltimore is counted out every year. I have a little hometown pride with the Falcons, so I will say I'm proud of what they've done this year. All the games were good this weekend, and I'm looking forward to next weekend. Anyway, have things played out as you guys expected? I got Pats vs 9ers in the bowl with the Pats winning, but I wouldn't be too down if the Ravens made it and won. [view link]

39 comments

• GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I WANT to see a Harbaugh bowl, but I THINK it will be Patriots vs 9ers for all the marbles.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I should have known not to trust in Matt Schaub. Yeah it will be Patriots and 49ers in the Super Bowl with the 49ers taking it all.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    @GoVikes, I like the idea of it. It'll be a good one either way. @ranukam, Matt Schaub did what he could. They just didn't stand a chance against the Pats at home in the playoffs. I can see Schaub leading the team to a Texans vs Patriots AFC title game next year.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I'm rooting for the Falcons at this point. Not a fan of the other three teams. But I think its going to be Niners and Patriots with the Niners winning it.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    The Pats offense will get them by Baltimore, but they'll have their hands full with SF
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Hell of a Seattle comeback, after they finally woke up. They almost took it away from a somewhat complacent Atlanta. So far the best game IMHO.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    I was definitely into that game, lopaw. But, the Ravens-Broncos game gets my vote for best so far.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I was rooting for Seattle simply cause I watched Wilson play live several times and met him once, always blew my mind that someone his size was such a quality QB. Now that they're out my interest is minimal. I too expect the 49er's to take it, am not as confident about the Pats.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    49ers all the way bitches
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    I hadn't paid much attention to Wilson before. He's on my radar now. He has a bright future.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Go PATS!
  • boogieknight369
    11 years ago
    I hate the patriots. I'll be rooting for anyone who plays against them. however, I think the 49 ers have it this year.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Spent time in Kennebunkport,Maine!Pats/Sox fans are the worst.Pulling for the 9er's,cause my G-Men already took the Pat's twice.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Why would anyone hate the Patriots? They quietly do their jobs and they have been competitive for 11 straight years. And before someone says something silly like "it is all Brady", the Pats even went 11-5 during the 2008 season when Brady was out due to injury and Matt Cassel was QB. This is a team that takes trouble makers and turns them into motivated, productive players. They are tough nosed and unselfish players who put their bodies at risk to make plays. They are also humble and keep their mouths shut when they are off the field. I don't get why anyone would hate the Pats. If anything, others with less successful teams should wish that those teams emulated that Pats.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Also not a big Pats fan. I've always favored NFC teams, especially west coast clubs. Go 9ers!
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    ^^^^^ x100 Maybe people just hate winners. They hate that Brady is winning at life the way he is. They hate that no matter what, the Pats make the playoffs every year. They hate that they're never quite sure if their teams will even make the playoffs or not, but with the Patriots the only question is whether or not they'll be playing in the bowl. I'm just guessing though... :)
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    "^^^^^^ x100" Was for Rick's comment.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Who is Colin Kaepernick and where did he come from? Dude destroyed Green Bay.
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Another new guy who caught me by surprise, Mikeya.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Why do people hate the Yankees or the Cowboys? Because their popular and whatever is popular will also have a lot of haters. I don't hate the Patriots as much as I hate their fans, particularly the bandwagon fans.
  • TABB
    11 years ago
    Mikeya02- Colin Kaepernick played for Neveda for 4 years. Neveda offense ran the pistol package, Colin and his running broke a few NCAA records and Colin last year at Nevada defeated a Bosie st team that didnt lise a conference game in ye.ars. I really want to see Baltimore vs San Fransico
  • JohnBuford
    11 years ago
    Spent lots of time in NY.Yankees/Giants fans are the worst.That cancels out tumbling's comment and we can move on other things.Lifetime Pats fan here.I stuck with them when they were 1-15.If they never win another game,the memories of a decade of excellence will carry me to my grave.They've been to seven SB'S and some teams have yet to go to [view link] 'em,hate 'em,either way you pay attention.Go Pats
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Not to thread hijack, but based solely on the strength of stripclubs in the cities, I'm picking Baltimore over New England, and Atlanta over SF. But, again by that standard, Houston Texans should have been Super Bowl champs. BTW, Ravens-Broncos game was probably one of the greatest games of all ages.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Minnow, you are thinking solely of Boston in that comparison. New England, as you know, includes MA, RI, CT, ME, VT, and NH. In fact, Foxborough, MA, home of Gillette Stadium, is actually much closer to Providence than it is to Boston and visiting teams often stay in Providence. I would take the strip clubs in Providence, hands down, over the gimmicky joints in Baltimore.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    Yes, rick, I know all that geography stuff. I also recall a time when they were the BOSTON Patriots- hence I put a lot of weight on original lineage. On my prior tongue in cheek threads on basketball and football playoffs, I gave consideration to reasonably nearby cities with likely fan bases. With teams in playoffs having strong nearby cities, I'd have that team getting "long distance help- thus getting a lot of field goals (football), or 3 pointers (basketball), but sometimes not enough to overcome lack of basic touchdowns, or regular shots. But, yes, I'd take Providence over a lot of stripclub cities. I also think that the Pats could go all the way, but the 49ers are dangerous. Baltimore is on a roll, and seem destined to win SB, given the manner in which they beat Denver in their house. ( Think 98 Broncos, 02 Pats, 08 & 12 NY Giants as some lower seed playoff teams that won the Super Bowl.)
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    J.B.,Brady/Kraft is a class act.I'm just saying my Giants got the best of you. Would never want to play that combo again.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Love the Yankees because their the Yankees.Hate the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Johny B, I got two Super Bowls on ya, will ya wipe the tears away son?
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Johny B, get the thumb outta your mouth.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Dougster!Where the fuck are you!
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Stax! which state do you dwell?
  • vincemichaels
    11 years ago
    GO PATRIOTS !!
  • JohnBuford
    11 years ago
    @tumbling:you started off your post by making a remark about Boston fans.I simply responded in kind to cancel out your foolishness,so we could move on to discussing football.The Giants are and always have been my second favorite [view link] what say we stop the childish behavior and act like big boys and girls.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Peace!
  • staxwell
    11 years ago
    Lol I'm in GA, t.dice. "I also think that the Pats could go all the way, but the 49ers are dangerous. Baltimore is on a roll, and seem destined to win SB, given the manner in which they beat Denver in their house. ( Think 98 Broncos, 02 Pats, 08 & 12 NY Giants as some lower seed playoff teams that won the Super Bowl.)" This is true. "If they never win another game,the memories of a decade of excellence will carry me to my grave." Exactly!
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    "If they never win another game,the memories of a decade of excellence will carry me to my grave." I'll be honest in saying that I am a little greedier than that. It has been an amazing stretch, but it did not start until my early 30s and I spent the first three decades of my life rooting for a team that was not very good and at times was horrible. Even the '85 and '96 seasons ended in heartbreak when the Pats were soundly beaten in both Superbowls. Nope, sorry, not enough. I want more!
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    If you can feel an undercurrent of pain in that last post, it is only because I once thought that I would forever be a fan of a not-so-good football team. It is hard to describe what it was like growing up as a Pats fan in the '70s and '80s. Where I came from it was inconceivable to root for a team outside of the area. One did not dare go to school with paraphernalia of any football team OTHER than the Pats. You were a Pats fan period, regardless of how bad the team was or how good another team might be. TV back then was very limited anyway, so outside of Monday night games and the playoffs it was rare to see much of any other team anyway. GO PATS!
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    @rickdugan: "It is hard to describe what it was like growing up as a Pats fan in the '70s and '80s." I'm betting current Bills fans know *exactly* how you feel. I'm certain that *one* of them does.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Stax! Wise beyond your years.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion