tuscl

Getting paid to marry a stripper

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:48 PM
What if you could get paid to marry a stripper? Well, it's not so far from reality. There's some strippers here in the NYC area (probably other areas too) who are not actually proper residents of the US (not sure how they got here, but that's another story altogether). They do tend to have a decent amount of money earned from their club ventures, though. I've heard more than once that girls are willing to pay a guy they trust to marry them for 3 years in order for them to become proper residents. They can divorce after that, and all would be okay. Of course, you'd have to a really nicely drawn up prenup for this, etc. and be able to prove that the marriage was actually bona fide for her to obtain residency, etc. Anyway, some girls are willing to pay ~ $25k (or even more) for this. With the right agreement in place (and perhaps even some sex involved), would you consider it? My opinion: It's risky, 'immoral' (not that this alone bothers me personally), etc. and to be honest I don't think I'd do it, but it's pretty interesting to think about.

28 comments

• windowsidiot
    12 years ago
    I think my wife would get upset.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    Even if it was 25K per year, It would not be worth the hassel or trouble that it might cause.
  • crsm27
    12 years ago
    The main thing would be have an air tight pre nup! Because put it this way once you say I do... 1/2 of your shit is hers. So the trust needs to be there and also the legal agreement. Now with that said....i dont know what i would do. Think about it if you trust the woman to a certain point and have the pre nup....why the hell not. Odds are there is some relationship already involved. it isn't like this is happening or people are not being approached the first visit into a club... I could just hear that exchange..... Hi, Im bambi. Wanna buy me a drink, have a dance, go vip, or marry me?.....LOL. Because there are people out there getting married for just the sole purpose of tax breaks and not wanting to be alone.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    What do you do at the holidays when you visit the folks after you are declared rented husband and wife. Do you rent grandkids?? You know if you get caught it is a jailable offense. $25K is not enough for even a day in jail and you'll spend more than that in legal fees.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    You are mis informed they want you to pay them $25K. Do you really think you would see a dime of that money or get laid.
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    Its illegal too and not like the INS hasn't seen this before. You have to have a joint residence, joint bank accounts and they investigate and interview you both separately about the mundane things married people should know about each other - so if you say, yeah I love Indian Food, we go out for it all the time - and she says, I can't stand Indian Food and never eat it or go out to get it, the band comes marching in with the red flags and handcuffs.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    Yeah of course it's illegal, but it looks like quite a few people have made this work. You can of course take it slow and get to know the girl first. Again not really something I'd do, but pretty interesting concept
  • rickdugan
    12 years ago
    Even if the money was much higher, it takes too long to get it all. The girls that I know have done this pay it out in thirds, 1/3 upon agreement, 1/3 when the marriage happens and the final 1/3 three years later upon divorce.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    Nope. Wouldn't do it.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    If I wasn't already spoken for, and it was legal, I'd probably do it in a heartbeat.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    It's marriages Fuck no.!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Show me the money!
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    JackKash is correct, and to me it's not worth the hassle for 20-30K. INS crawling through my life to see if it was legit? No thanks.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    NO green card from ME!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Sure, I'd marry a foreign ho who's 1/3 my age. What could possibly go wrong?
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    Who in their right mind would marry an American stripper, much less a foreign stripper?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    There are men who do.
  • Experimental
    12 years ago
    USCIS(not INS) is underfunded, undermanned and overwhelmed by their volume of work. They spend most of their time scrutinizing marriages that happen with nationals of known marriage factory countries like the Philippines or Ghana. Marriages that happen over there. Not marriages that happen here in the US. When they do interviews of couples it is by more like a lottery system than anything. You have less chance to be "interviewed" in marrying a foreign national than you do in being audited by the IRS. These dancers overstay their tourist visas. They are paid in cash under the table. No problem. Unless you're from Saudi Arabia or Iran, overstayed visas aren't on anyone's radar except maybe in Arizona. If caught, the punishment is being sent home and maybe forbidden to return for a period of time. Big whoop. People commit murder for hire for far less than 25k. Finding a guy willing to do something like this would be easy as hell. The trick is in finding a qualified guy. Lastly, the initial green card is a 2 year probationary card. If she had a 'valid' reason, a chick could divorce her fake man during that time and still be able to stay in the US indefinitely. She could claim he beat her, or a plethora of other effective excuses. The second and all subsequent green cards are 10 years in duration. During that time she is free to divorce and remarry a million times, her green card won't be revoked. Some of you guys are making it sound like the govt is on top of this stuff and its exceedingly difficult. It isn't, they aren't. This shit is easy. Getting caught is hard, you have to be incredibly incompetent. There are barriers to this though. For example, when applying for residency status for her, you have to prove you can support her, which means showing your financials to the government. If you're a pauper, it won't work. If you don't want the govt(other than IRS) to see sensitive data about you, it won't work. Furthermore, you have to agree to be financially responsible for this girl for a period of 10 years. Even if you divorce. That should scare many away. Maybe a prenup would eliminate some of those barriers. I wouldn't hesitate to marry a stripper fake like. It would have to be real money though. All the applicable govt fees, we're talking multi-thousands, would have to be covered by her. She would have to live with me for a period of time and joint bank account to establish legitimacy and keep the red flags down. She would also have to hire an immigration attorney to take care of all the mountainous paperwork because I sure as hell ain't doing it. Even then 25k for me isn't enough. Even if the sex was great living with someone you don't know and are probably incompatible with would be a major, major inconvenience at a minimum. Real money or sorry, honey. If the stripper was smart, she wouldn't pay anyone anything, she'd just get a PL to fall in love with her, marry him then ditch him when the time is right. Get him to pay the fees and do all the legwork, and there is a lot, then jump ship.
  • mausercat
    12 years ago
    It has always bothered me that you can marry for love (a fairly recent invention) or money or social position or for instant passion or revenge and they are all considered good and sufficient reasons, but if you say, "I will marry her so I can come and live in the greatest country in the world", that will get Immigration and Customs Enforcement banging on your door and asking which toothbrush you use.
  • stenton1
    12 years ago
    You'd be a damn fool if you did. 25 k wouldn't start to reimburse you mentally for the bullshit you would have to go through. Remember, these women are hustlers, and they can outthink a man at a mans game if you're not careful. It will only end in depleted bank accounts, infidelity and mental duress. I knew someone who did just that, and the stripper ran off with his money, and her new man. Fucked with his head to the core! He didn't listen to me, just don't do it!!!
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    One of my brother's friends fell for one of these scams. Oddly enough, the girl was from Australia. I'd think Australia would be a good enough place to not want to leave, so I don't know what was preferable about the US unless she was on a college visa. I don't really know the whole story, so I can't say much more, but his story basically tells me not to marry women from other countries, no matter how much they pay me.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    Did some more research on this whole issue, and apparently this is an extremely common scenario at least here in NYC. One girl explained to me that there's actually guys who act as agents (whom they pay a few thousand) to pair them up with a guy who's willing to marry them. Interesting stuff. I don't really see how this is a 'scam' - but I can understand why it's not really ideal and perhaps not worth the money for most people. But it's still really common here, apparently.
  • ilbbaicnl
    12 years ago
    Even if you have zero assets, you'd could wind up responsible for paying of big credit card bills. Worse, you could be on the hook to support a baby, even if DNA showed you were not the bio father.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Nothing new. Women from poor countries overseas (Asia, Mexico, Eastern Europe, etc.) have for years been very active in trying to land an American husband solely so they can become US citizens. At which point they funnel all their husband's money to their children, families and/or their boyfriend overseas. Later on they dump their American husbands, bring their family and/or boyfriends over, and the American is screwed. And as others have mentioned, the US Government gets really pissed at people who try to manipulate the immigration/citizenship laws like that, and they work real hard to prevent people from trying it. It's a dumb idea. Very dumb. Don't even think about it. There is zero benefit to the guy, and infinite benefit to the girl. And in fact there is an infinite likelihood the guy will get screwed. In a bad way.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    By the way, if you have any military buddies who were, or know of guys who were stationed in, say, SE Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, etc.), just ask them if it's a good idea. There are tons of military guys who "fell in love" with local girls, married them, brought them to the US, and ended up getting screwed over like you wouldn't believe. Yeah, there are some who made out okay, but there are far too many who got screwed.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    If this is a fake, business marriage and she's paying u--why would u get to sleep with her? I'm sure if sex was involved, the payment would go the other way around....
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    I would think it can go either way, but not both. Either she pays the guy or she develops a real fake relationship and there would be sex with no cash.
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    kittykate, not sure honestly. I think steve's explanation makes more sense. You probably won't be lucky enough to get both $ and sex, but I wouldn't be surprised if that does happen in some situations.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion