tuscl

PMs With Fellow tusclers

Friday, June 15, 2012 10:37 PM
I am in the midst of two very boring weeks at my exploration camp in the North West Territories. Most of my work is done overnight when access to the industry's super computer centres in Calgary and Houston is so much easier. During the day I have been hitting tuscl practically every hour. I have also been carrying on with several correspondences via PM with four different tuscl regulars. Some of our chat is about the SC hobby but most chat is not. We have been chatting about our other hobbies, international travel, sports, and history. I have enjoyed it. Do many of you other guys make use of tuscl's PM capability?

27 comments

• SuperDude
    12 years ago
    I usually keep PM limited to specific topics or questions. I try not to waste someone else's time with idle chatter. For instance, I am reading The American Invasion of Canada by Pierre Berton, a study of the War of 1812 authorized by the Congress of the United States June 18, 1812. Two hundred years ago, regular Army and militia in Detroit invaded Canada. After battles along the Detroit River, Detroit surrendered to the British. Now we have the most open and prosperous border between two countries in the world--and the best SCs. Wars are sometimes a waste.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I sometimes PM back and forth, but it has always concerned our strip club hobby. However, there are many other interesting things to talk about. SuperDude, for instance, has just informed me that 200 years ago a war took place on the Detroit River, not far from where I'm sitting now.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Speaking of wars in that region, from the History Channel I learned about the Michigan-Ohio border war. Basically, it was over which state would get Toledo. Congress had to intervene. The Toledo Strip was given to Ohio but as a consolation prize, Michigan got the Upper Peninsula. At the time, the UP wad considered useless land. But after iron ore and copper was discovered, mining and timber in the UP became a huge economic asset to the Stste.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    They fought a war over who would get Toledo? Ohio must have lost. :)
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    LOL, Jack! Art, I would discuss sports, but I do not know a thing about hockey. I did learn that Jonathan Quick, this week, became only the third US born player to win the Conn Smythe trophy. I know Canadians, and now a few Europeans, dominate hockey, but that fact still shocked me.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Yes, jackslash, I always get a smile on my face when I think of what Michigan got compared to Ohio. LOL. Art, I wouldn't say I regularly PM or get PM's, but most of mine are about our hobby here. It isn't surprising that your PM's would touch on more topics. Hope the weather is tolerable up there now. Take care.
  • Bogeyman1
    12 years ago
    Talk about a small world. I'm a hockey fan in part because I lived up I'm Marquette MI 3 years and got hooked on the Marquette Iron Rangers and the Carlson brothers, two of which became the infamous Hansons of Slapshot fame. Weather was mentioned, that's what I do I live in Louisiana and frequent clubs in Houston. Huge sports fan. Got into war of 1812 history from my 3 years at Plattsburgh NY. Farnerart you're an interesting dude. Now about that first Kings Cup that wasn't due to McSorely's stick...
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    Apparently the War of 1812 is a much bigger deal, historically speaking, in Canada. Some Canadians will go on and on about it.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    Yes i pm here
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I PM on casual subjects with different people, often something they posted. And a great deal more in depth with a few.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    My PM cup runeth over. Having met 25 TUSCLers personally & 7 dancers, I get & send PMs daily. 80% of the text involves strippers & clubbing. After all the is what brought us together. The other 20% is personal things going on in our lives. There are 2 members that I hear from almost daily. They have become true friends. I also get my share of SPAM.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    Mostly about questions about a specific club or area.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Fortunately, I have avoided most SPAM. I have received some. Some e-mail comes from new folks that don't get a tongue-in-cheek remark I poked fun fun at a new poster's spelling error in the thread title (of a very simple word) and his PM reply was simply "What?" Another time I made what I thought was an obvious joke about "the impressive size of my manhood" and got a PM from a dancer that seemed to believe it.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    What you don't realize is that Toledo was well worth fighting over in 1812. After it became part of Ohio is when it went downhill. Imagine if it were part of Michigan today, you could get Flight Club services at Scarlett's.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Now that would be an improvement to Michigan's struggling economy, Ermita_Nights. :)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Imagine if it were part of Michigan today, you could get Flight Club services at Scarlett's." That would save me a LOT of gasoline Ermita_Nights!! LMFAO
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    I leave most of my socializing for real life. There are some other discussion boards I'm on, but, there to, I try to keep the PMs to the topics on the board. That being said, I won't categorically rule out topics about non-board matters in PMs and it does happen, occasionally. One big differences is that on another board I am on, the people are actually quite intelligent and nice and I would be willing to meet nearly any of them IRL. Here it's mostly just a bunch of idiotic douche bags. There are a few I wouldn't mind meeting IRL, but mostly forget it!
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I use it, but not as often as some. There are other TUSCLers (male and female) I PM with simple because we discuss things that do not belong in the public forum.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I PM with a few Tusclers.
  • Ghosty
    12 years ago
    I have met maddog at our favorite club thanks to PM's here and a mutual dancer friend.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    I highly recommend that you get on Art's PM list. You will learn a lot. Just make sure to have a dictionary nearby when corresponding with him.
  • hammerthor
    12 years ago
    I mostly just send specific questions to a few regulars who I think are best suited to guide me in the right direction. It seems to have worked out so far :)
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I PM occasionally. Mostly on at least peripherally board related topics, but sometimes branching out.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    @steve229, You haven't forgotten the course in American history that you took at the University of farmerart? That university also offers many post-graduate courses in American history if you would care to enroll.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Sign me up, Art. I've the time and curiousity!
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    It's possible stiletto25 may have PMS with avalon07.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I PM occasionally, primarily to share intel w/ other TUSCLer's traveling thru my town that want to know the latest club news & gossip.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion