tuscl

Part time dancers vs full time dancers.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Monday, February 20, 2012 6:10 AM
Anybody see any correlation between mileage and the amount of time dancers spend at the club? Some dancers I see day afer day after day at the club. While others I only see ocassionally. IME experience that has not had an influence generally on mileage. Part time dancers seem to have other civilian jobs and only work to supplement their income on a needs basis. While the full time dancers, stripping is there single source of income. So who needs it most? Who is willing to go the extra mile?

17 comments

• rickdugan
    12 years ago
    IME part timers with other jobs are definitely lower in mileage. I generally refer to these types as "day job girls" and the second I hear that a girl has another job I know that I am barking up the wrong tree.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I suppose that is an individual Dancer's decision. HOW much income they NEED versus how much income they WANT, to live a particular kind of life style.
  • SuperDude
    12 years ago
    Alucard is correct. I have experienced some part-timers who want to get as much money as they can as quickly as possible. Others claim they can afford to skip extras because they are not THAT desperate. It's really an individual choice based on need. Some part-timers fear giving extras could become a topic of conversation in certain civilian circles, i.e. office jobs, law firms, etc.
  • gk
    12 years ago
    IME the part-timers are less fun to be with. They have less invested in them by customers they don't see that often, so there is lower incentive to match what full-timers do. There are exceptions to everything, I suppose, which would acconnt for the reports that counter this(any I may have some of them myself!).
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    sc, In certain instances I have seen a correlation, but I don't think to a significant amount of the time.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I don't see much correlation. I know a real career dancer. In her 40s. Works 7 days a week. Literally. No extras what so ever. And some part timers that offer no extras either. Only thing I see is the part timers are more focused. no table sitting. No hanging out in the dressing room. Focused. There to make cash in short hours.
  • Player11
    12 years ago
    As always it depends on the girl but part timers I have experienced are more hustle for dances and less extras friendly. They will dump a customer if a higher roller comes in.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    While I've seen many exceptions, my experience matches Rick's, if she's a part timer, chances are she's less extras friendly.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I wonder how to define "part-time" for strippers. Most of the dancers I know work only 2 or 3 days a week and dancing is their only source of income. I don't know any who work 5 days a week for 8 hours a day like you need to do in civilian life.
  • crecat03
    12 years ago
    In my experience, the part time strippers are generally more fun. They can usually carry on a more substantial conversation and feel more dateable. Yes, there are some that are just there to hustle all day and not spend any time getting to know people but most I think are more interest hanging out with the clientele because they are doing it for the fun or thrill of it rather than out of dire need. Part timers are probably less extras friendly, though.
  • crecat03
    12 years ago
    In my experience, the part time strippers are generally more fun. They can usually carry on a more substantial conversation and feel more dateable. Yes, there are some that are just there to hustle all day and not spend any time getting to know people but most I think are more interest hanging out with the clientele because they are doing it for the fun or thrill of it rather than out of dire need. Part timers are probably less extras friendly, though.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I agree with dredog. The part timers are either students or better educated. ( I know I'm making a generalization here) So they are easier to talk to. That's a good point.
  • rockie
    12 years ago
    I see no correlation in a dancers tendency to offer extras related to part time or full time employment. Lap dance temperatures typically have nothing to do with me, or what I'm spending (except that I am spending), but the major determination strictly has to with what's going on in the inner mindset of the entertainer chosen. On at least three occasions (with at least 3 separate dancers) , there have been some awe inspiring performances that were never anticipated or matched post event.
  • Dolfan
    12 years ago
    I think its more about consistency than frequency. For example, the part timer that works the same 2 days every week is on par with the girls who work the same 5 days every week. However, the girls who come in on a whim for 3-5 day spurt then disappear for a month tend to be lower mileage. I'd have to guess its the reason that's been speculated, they're still trying to cultivate regular customers rather than rake in on the short term. I do agree with DreDog though, part timers for whichever reason are generally more pleasant people - just not better strippers in the traditional sense. Again, probably for the reason speculated - they're better educated, more in touch with reality, more exposed to life outside of a strip club.
  • samsung1
    12 years ago
    full timers are more reliable. I especially like the full timers when they offer extras and good dances.
  • kiddo
    12 years ago
    I disagree with most of these posts. The one exception to my theory is a college town situation. But the clubs and the girls that I have encountered tells me that many of the part timers are part timers because they can. Why can they? Because the manager/owner is practical. When he sees someone who is making money for the club he doesn't want to lose them, and will let them be more selective about their own schedules. Many clubs have very strict rules about dancers working a certain # of days, and are even fined if they violate. Great lookers/dancers are given exemptions, or they will move to somewhere else to find what they need. It could be that this only applies in an area with a lot of clubs. Anyway, I've seen over 100 clubs, and thats been my experience.
  • bumrubber
    12 years ago
    I don't think there's a pattern. The one I'm involved with has been doing it a long time, knows where/when she can make money without too much hassle, and just does that. These days it's 1-2 weekends a month. She's good enough that her clubs are glad to have her whenever she chooses to work. She has two other regular jobs, plus some odd gigs. Her dancer pals are pretty much the same.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion