tuscl

Regulars Still Make Mistakes Too: What are Your's

Leonard313
Michigan
Monday, January 9, 2012 12:40 AM
Okay, many of the articles and discussions about club etiquette and practices seem to focus on what us more experienced clubbers have witnessed or experienced and how they "should" act accordingly. But I know that even myself, I still struggle with certain aspects of the strip club experience and here's a discussion for all the regulars to expose themselves (please not literally) and their own struggles and weaknesses when it comes to strip club activities. And maybe some of the "regular regulars" can offer some of their advice. Here are my examples: 1) I'm still nervous when I enter a club. Now, part of this is that I tend to go to different clubs each time...but still, I don't yet have that "comfortability" when I walk in a club. 2) I have trouble "pacing myself". It seems like I always try to bring $80-$280 with me...and try to stretch it into a 6 hour extravaganza. I tell myself, "Get a look at all the dancers, THEN pick the one or two you want to get dances with...there's no hurry!" But each time, I end up getting dances from the first few strippers that show up at my table...and by about 2 hours I've blown through $400 and at that point am REALLY willing to spend money because I want to try and get dances with the girls I really like or I wanna get extras. 3) Part of the problem, is I have trouble turning down women for dances and even drinks. If a stripper walks up to me and wants to give me a dance, I have so much trouble saying "no thanks". I had one stripper sit next to me for a good 20 minutes...we barely talked...I knew what she wanted...but I wasn't interested. Finally after 20 minutes she kinda got up and left and I felt really bad. I'm still not at that point where I can just dismiss a girl coldly and not think twice about it. And having them sit there...it's almost painful. 4) Even with the "do you want to buy the dancer a drink" hustle...I KNOW it's a hustle...but I almost can't say "no". More than half the time, the dancer doesn't even drink it. It's just a scam to get us to buy more drinks. 5) I'm still nervous about "extras". It still feels weird. Afterwards I'm not sure what to say or how to act. I still have that, "I can't believe that just happened" feeling. 6) Finally, still not at the level of OTC nor "Regular" status. I don't usually go to the same club over and over; like to sample numerous places. So being a "regular" has never been something I've experienced. And also, I've only once had a stripper offer to "exchange information" to maybe get together outside the club (OTC). I didn't even consider taking her up on that because she had just got done hustling me and essentially ripping me off...so I had no interest in pursuing that relationship. But in all the times I've been out at clubs...that was the only time it was ever offered. I think she did it because: A) She probably ROUTINELY does it...it's likely a busy side job for her. B) She figured, "Wow...I totally hustled this guy out of $230...I should take a crack at him again for sure!" Well, that's all I can think of right now.

24 comments

• jackslash
    12 years ago
    I like to have some drinks and get buzzed at the club. That's part of the strip club experience for me. But drinking affects my judgement and I spend more money on dancers and extras than I want to.
  • creepshow
    12 years ago
    Definitely struggle with the polite no here as well. I'm in a good mood when I get there, and have fun, so I don't like to have to tell a girl to take a walk. The only success I've had here is if you know a certain girl is working that night, you can politely tell a troll that approaches you are waiting for "Insert Name Here" right away. Once a girl gets more than three sentences in she thinks she has laser-lock on a lap dance, so I have to work fast or I end up buying a "sympathy" lap dance.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I don't drink alcohol and get buzzed in a club. That's NOT part of the strip club experience for me. So no alcohol related judgment problems. When I was going to different Clubs on a semi regular basis, my problem was picking the wrong Dancer for Laps. I often didn't get what I wanted. Experience helped to solve that. I now go out of my way to have an ATF at a Club that I will go to on an almost exclusive basis. This pretty much guarantees a known & reliable experience.
  • CTQWERTY
    12 years ago
    Well, here's someone else's: misspelling cum. [view link] Also, The Million Dollar, unless it's changed, doesn't have tables upstairs....but they do have a fake palm plant!
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Well I would say if I had a problem right now that would be like a noob....it would be.....making it rain !......I'm good at controling my spending so I can get my itc extras but I like to make my money last for 8hours so I try to set back and drink and relax.....but the problem is when I go to the stage and one of my girls treat me fuckin nasty shit I start getting back to my roots of black clubs and I start throwing $1 and $5 all over the place !.....I've realy got to stop this but good rap and the right girl shit I'm fucked !....hope that help homie from your boy juice !
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    For what it's worth, here's my semi-sage advice - Walk into the joint like you own it!!! Unless you're interested in a certain girl, or she's a knockout (mutually exclusive much??) - don't make eye contact. If you know some of the management and/or staff - definitely greet them and chat it up a bit. If you know some of the regs, same thing. If nothing else is going on, just check out the main stage. Locate your favorite bar, which is usually dictated by (in my case) who your fav(s) women bartenders are. I do like to knock back a few to further enhance the club going experience. If your fav bartenders aren't on, look to see who has potential that way - and start it up. If you're going to be there awhile, it's nice to know that you can have that rapport going with a cute bartender - and kind of fun to have those sidebar flirty relationships at the same time. If you can't make that happen, locate the bar that offers the best view to your fav stage.... Now that your situated, I think it's also good to meet some of the regs at the bar. If you've been to a particular establishment a few times, especially on similar days/times - you should start to see some "regulars". They can be vast reservoirs of knowledge that only need to be tapped. The common theme here is that YOU are in control of this whole experience.... As girls start to approach you, and you're not interested - let them know that right away. If you don't feel comfortable with a direct approach, simply tell them you're waiting for someone else, and tell them this right away. That's good etiqutte in the club. If you are not sure, and you want to meet her, tell her "I'm not interested in a dance right now, but can I buy you a drink". If after the drink - she seems right, go for it. If you're not interested - thank her for having a drink with you, and if she asks for a dance, politely decline (and hold firm on that position)...Don't go with someone that you don't want to go with!!!! As for the "extras" thing, IMO, you're better off not getting into any of that until you are a "regular" with a particular girl. Get to know her first. Even then, be careful. IMO, it's best to start slow, and build up to whatever point you feel you need to get to...
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Count me among the tee-totalers, at least in the club, so that doesn't contribute to any silliness. Like the OP, I'm uncomfortable with being outright rude, even in the face of stubbornness. I long ago got over being shy about saying "no thanks," but still mostly can't bring out the "get the fuck away from me" until *she* is rude first.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    One might say, still being a regular.
  • pabloantonio
    12 years ago
    My mistake, which I repeat quite often, is falling in love with every ATF. But oh it feels so good.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I learn a while ago do not settle for a regular dancer unless she is all you want. Even if passing through if yu let a dancer stake you out you can't change with out pissing off others that can make even getting a dance difficult. Most good dancers will let you shop as they know that that is why you are there. Also the best looking ones usually do the least. I was in a club and there was a 10 who was naturally perfect C/D's, Blonde, Round butt the whole thing. Was Very sensuous on stage. I was getting a dance from another girl and she asked to have the girl take over as she was due on stage. It was a mechanical half dance that was routine and she had the personality of a toaster. When the other girl came back she told me that she knew I would not like her but all the guys try her as she is so hot. Most hot girls in clubs do not give go dances. Never commit to more than one to try herout.
  • macandbum
    12 years ago
    You should leave your cards at home since you can't limit yourself. Probably go closer to the closing time of the club. So you would have less time to spend there and spend less. Determine how much money you are going to bring. Let's say you bring 280. take 80 dollars out (change 40 into 1's, and put the other 40 into your wallet (in one of the slots where your credit cards would be; just in case you get drunk and have to get home by taxi). Keep the other 200 in a shirt pocket or other pants pocket. Depending on the cost of the dances, you should be ok for a few hours. I don't know if you're like me and get dances spread out, or if you're someone who gets the dances consecutively. If you feel bad just remember that 90% of these women would probably not talk to you ever in real life, and that they're use to getting no's. don't fall for the SS.
  • bluemonday
    12 years ago
    the only mistake i ever make is, after a full afternoon session at the club, i sometimes fall asleep in my hotel room watching a hockey game, then get up too late to go out properly for the night shift! still, i get to save some dollars i suppose? main mistakes not to make are: 1.never fall in love 2.never fall in love with a stripper (though is much less a mistake to make than No.1)
  • JackKash
    12 years ago
    Still spending too much and if not, not spending smartly. I've been a sucker for the sympathy dance too but I think I'm growing out of that. I do control my drinking but still, the later it gets, the more comfortable and suggestable I become and then we're back to spending too much. And then being played - I like having a favorite for the night - she says, "Wait for me, I'll be right back." And then she's gone for like a half hour and I'm an idiot turning other girls away 'cause I'm waiting.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    lak82, 6) When your drink of choice is on the bar at YOUR seat when you sit down.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    I can't count
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I still make mistakes but if dancers didn't keep things interesting, I might stop visiting strip clubs. I end up taking the good with the bad and hope the good surprises far outnumber the bad. Life is afterall about taking risks. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. However I do like to minimize bad surprises and sometimes I'm fine with only sticking with the same ol same ol favorites and refuse to get dances from anyone I'm not famaliar with.
  • Leonard313
    12 years ago
    @ MADDOG...I feel the opposite about regulars. No offense to the "regulars", but they just tend to annoy me. They truly do act like they own the joint and half the time end up getting pissed off and getting kicked out...or they end up hogging a certain girl that I want a dance with while actually not spending hardly anything. @jackkash...I TOTALLY understand that as well. I HATE when you think you have a connection or you find the "one" that you want more dances from and she pulls the "I'll be right back" and then disappears. I had that happen last weekend...the dancer left me in the lap dance area and said she'd be right back. She was gone forever and finally I just left because I felt like an idiot sitting in the lap dance area by myself. About 30 minutes later the girl finally emerged from the back fully dressed heading to her car. That brings up another thing that makes me "uncomfortable". Last weekend a girl gave me a dance and after that I turned her down a couple times. Well, the 2nd time I turned her down, I told her I was just in there and was taking a break...well, this super aggressive dancer came over RIGHT after and suckered me into a dance...and while I'm in there...he comes the stripper I turned down not 2 minutes earlier. I just felt like a dipwad...like I got caught lieing. I do need to try and stick to a budget. I felt bad this past weekend because I just wanted to spend <$200 and by the end of the night I was out >$600. It's not that I'm cheap or can't make rent or anything...it's just that I left the club feeling "bad" because I couldn't control myself. Now...I did get the best BJ I've ever experienced....I mean, those toungue piercings are for real. And my first sex ever with a black chick...cross that off the bucket list. But still...leaving out over $600 (stripper scammed me out of about $230...but that's another story)...I felt like a moron. I was trying to save up a bankroll for my trip to Detroit in March...well, now I'm $600 poorer...and I NEED that money for Detroit...the biggest and best strip clun Meca North of Mexico. : O
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    My biggest mistake is continuing to buy dances from this one dancer at my favorite club even though I know she is the lamest dancer there, or at least the lamest who's been there a while. Sometimes, my biggest mistake is going to certain clubs, even though I know they suck beforehand.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    DD, A fave of mine has me the same way. Beautiful, smart woman (vm, I'm talking about "C"), but her dances are fairly lame. Mild shifting from her, but I am allowed most anything. Recently, most times I see her car at the club, I don't stop. Sad, as she could have been my ATF,
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Believing SS. I've learned, as we all have to discount their SS and just enjoy the moment. Too bad about "C", Clubber, she started off well, but tailed off. Have fun with our buddy, whilst there at Atlanta's finest club, Follies. LOL
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    @ L313...Given that I only frequent upscale clubs, and to the extent it makes a difference, the "regulars" commentary was applicable to that realm only...
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    If you're giving actual reasons for refusing a lap dance, now that's a mistake, unless the reason you're giving is is true, like the "I just got here" one. A simple "no, thank you" should be all you offer. Being honest, or at least non-committal, about the reason gives fewer opportunities to be caught in an outright lie, or feel bad about it, like you apparently did.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    vm, So disappointed! Went to Mardi Gras to see the infamous TUSCL "C". Texted me she is out sick. :(
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    1) I used to be nervous before going, but not anymore. I can't pinpoint when the nervousness went away either, I think over time you just become comfortable. 2) I also don't have a problem saying no thanks to a dancer. I haven't run into any persistent dancers so I haven't had to be rude. I used to get LD from dancers who I didn't want to say no to, but how I spend my money and who I spend it on is important so I have just become a discerning customer. 3) I think recently I was nervous about trying ITC. Now that I have experienced it a few times, I'm a lot more comfortable with that as well. 4) I would say the one thing we ALL have to make sure of is setting a budget and sticking to it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion