tuscl

Jack with a Coke back ... Remembering a Friend

Thursday, December 22, 2011 2:47 AM
I met LC the night she first started working. She was so nervous that she vomited before taking the stage to get naked for a room full of drunken PLs. She was absolutely gorgeous and an incredibly nice girl. Little did I know what torment lay behind those beautiful brown eyes nor did I envision the bizarre ride I was about to take. Sometimes reality for a stripper is much shittier than the SS stories they dish out. As LC slowly brought me into her secret world we became very close friends OTC. Over the ensuing year we provided each other with comfort and companionship while we both impatiently waited for fate to deal the next card. When our cards finally fell mine was one of good fortune, hers was not. Life isn't fair and wanting it differently didn't change the reality. In a moment of shared sadness she told me that she had a vision that we would one day reunite. We clung to that hope and went our separate ways. Loneliness became her relentless demon and soon she was spiraling down into an ugly world that exists behind the stripper pole. Bad turned to worse as she moved from club to club, city to city, and loser BF to abusive loser BF. Somewhere along the way she began chasing the dragon. Today is the anniversary of her death from an OD. She died alone and I wish I had been there for her. I wish that life was fair. She deserved better. Tonight I'll quietly remember her smile and once again toast her memory with her favorite drink – Jack with a Coke back. Posted in loving memory of LC. GSWx4 Inter urinas et faeces nascimur. Dum vivimus vivamus.

6 comments

• jackslash
    13 years ago
    Latin tags? I'm starting to think strip clubs attract intellectuals.
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    NO Life is NOT Fair! As I well know. I've NEVER seen a sign at a Strip Club entrance that says: "Intellectuals MAY NOT Enter!"
  • deogol
    13 years ago
    Sorry for the loss. I paid for my girlfriend to go through 30 day rehab twice and multiple detoxes to kick her addiction (which she still didn't and I had to leave because the police were getting involved.) I sure don't know what the answer is. There are times when I feel like I didn't do enough - yet people tell me they are amazed what I had done. Ya can throw out the life ring, but they got to be willing to grasp it. You have a kind heart to remember her.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    dogol - I am amazed too. A 28 day alcohol rehab cost my insurance company $29K.
  • JuiceBox69
    13 years ago
    @GSWx4.......sorry man.....I will raise my jack&coke with ya.....and may the God of all of us bring her n to His peace and may Gods peace fall on you for being so loving !
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Thanks for sharing GSW. I'll even include a Coke with my Jack tonight in order to raise a toast.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion