tuscl

Is A SC Ever Just Too Awful To Bother Writing A Review?

Saturday, October 29, 2011 12:32 PM
I plumbed the depths of a new low in SC enjoyment last Thur evening in Edmonton. I wrote a review of the horrific experience but then thought that the mere fact of posting a lousy review gave the terrible place credibility that it didn't merit. My review was only the third for that hellhole in 7 years. The argument is always that bad reviews discourage other tusclers from visiting. I wonder? People will gawk at a train wreck just because it is a painful sight. Do hobbyists visit a crappy club just to see a SC train wreck in person? Your thoughts?

16 comments

• shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Yes. The Clermont Lounge in Atlanta. "Clermont is infamous and an Atlanta institution". People go there just to say that they have seen it.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Hell no, I don't go to see a crappy club. But then, I don't gawk at wrecks on the highway, either. I for one appreciate the type of review you posted. Unlikely as it is that I'll ever make it to Alberta, if I do, that joint will not be on my list. :)
  • londonguy
    13 years ago
    I wrote a review about Sheri's in Las Vegas. It wasn't awful on the outside or in but I was amazed that a club in a city such as Las Vegas could be empty of customers in the early hours.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    @london: I visited Sheri's around 11pm on a Friday night. I was the only customer in there most of the time. I was told "oh, yeah, it usually doesn't get busy here until 2am" supposedly because the club was no alcohol. @art: I write reviews even for lousy clubs so others can consider themselves warned.
  • troop
    13 years ago
    an awful club deserves an honest review as a headsup for anyone considering a visit to it. if they have read several reviews that panned the club and they still go to it then they received what they deserved ;-)
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    And hey, if someone *does* like train wrecks, the review benefits *them* as well. So no, the effort ain't wasted.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    Reviews of bad clubs are as valuable as reviews of good clubs. I wish more TUSLers would post reviews of their bad experiences. Warn your brothers!
  • brewerfan
    13 years ago
    Nope. Just like a SC is never too great to bother to write a review. You write a review so people can judge whether or not to go to that particular club. Think of how much money just in cover charges you are saving us for writing about how bad a club is. That is the point to this site, to me, anyway.
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    It's always worth the time to write a proper review for a club. Even dumpy clubs need to be wrote about. Maybe they aren't as dumpy as people make them out to be. Just within my experience, I've been told Sasnak in Topeka, Kansas, is a waste of time, but they have $10 lapdances and some of the dancers there are hot, so I don't think it's as bad as others make it out to be. Also, if the most recent review for a club is from 2008, for example, it is worthwhile to give an up-to-date review.
  • bang69
    13 years ago
    all clubs are worth a review
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    I'm also in the "all clubs are worth a review" camp A full review of a bad club will save me time and money. A full review of a good club will help me focus my limited budget. Even a review of a middle of the road club will help me decide whether or not it's worth my effort.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    I will not go to a shithole club. I will go to a Lower tier club, if extras are available.
  • inno123
    13 years ago
    Telling the site visitors about a crappy club is valuable, maybe even more so. I will out of curiosity perhaps visit a club that has not been frequently reviewed. But one that has been consistently badly reviewed? My money is more valuable than that.
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    The Ultimate Good Strip Club List?
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    Please write reviews of bad clubs. From a dancers standpoint, they are a good read and sometimes hilarious.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Art, I am quicker to review a bad club than a great one. I consider it a public service to let others know when scams, gimmicks and other crap are in play, or if a club is filled with disgusting talent.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion