tuscl

Letting em know

Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:00 AM
Have you ever told a dancer that you were part of a group of people who reviewed SC's and that you would be reviewing the club you were at? How did the following events unfold?

39 comments

• LeeH
    13 years ago
    Aw, hell, no! :)
  • vincemichaels
    13 years ago
    I'm with LeeH. HELL, NO !!!
  • basketball
    13 years ago
    You don't do that!
  • Alucard
    13 years ago
    NEVER!!!!!!! You just don't do that.
  • dudeanonymous
    13 years ago
    No. Twice I've been asked about TUSCL by dancers and replied, "What's that?"
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    NEVER! But review sites have come up in conversations a few times. Just say I would never pay attention to them.
  • gatorfan
    13 years ago
    I think fuck no sums it up unless you want the stripper to think you're a blabbermouth
  • mmdv26
    13 years ago
    I print out a few reviews every year or so and take them to the club for the girls to read. Many are offended when their name doesn't appear, but most are genuinely interested in the criticisms and what they can do to correct those....then they go back to texting their friends and playing Angry Bird on their phones.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Fuck no. I don't even admit to knowing what a "strip club review site" is, much less frequenting one.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Oh yeah. At the now defuct "Mansion", black dancer, who was intelligent, treated me with sarcasm and derision. The ten or so others, had never been on the internet. Might have seen it in the presence of someone else, but never surfed it.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    I will never admit that not even to my coworkers /friend. Only 3 of my friends know about this site. If do tell dancers about TUSCL it will only be if I move out of the state or if the club closes down.
  • m00tpoint
    13 years ago
    Um, we have had a dancer say she read our review about her on here and was very flattered.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Don't try this at home kids. I am a professional. Over the years I have probably discussed TUSCL with about 30 dancers. Currently there are more than a dozen that know who shadowcat is. Most recently avalons07 spent the afternoon at my house. We spent an hour going over TUSCL stuff. The very next day, she registered and did her first review. Now I am not going to walk into a club new to me and tell the first dancer I see that I am there to do a review on the club and how good she is on the couch and how do you spell that name. Obviously you need to build up some trust with a dancer first. When I visit my favorite club, I always get asked "Did anybody say anything about me?" I always tell them if I had seen anything. Some say don't mention my name and I don't. Some ask me to mention there name. "I could use the business". My policy is not to use any names unless they piss me off. It has only blown up on me once. About 6 years ago I took a review into my favorite club to show it to one specific dancer that was named in the review. It was not a derrogatory statement but she blew a fuse. Cussed me out up one side and down the other. " I live and work in this town and I don't need my good name splased all over the internet" On & on she went for 5 minutes. After she left, I showed it to the dancer I was sitting with and she said "There is nothing wrong with this". When the other dancer, now in her street clothes,was leaving the club, she stopped again and gave me another 90 seconds worth. She still works at the club but in all the time we have never spoken. Her loss. My buddies won't talk to her either. I'll keep talking about TUSCL to dancers that trust me.
  • TABB
    13 years ago
    @shadowcat- by any chance did the dancer that blow up in you face worked in Phoenix?
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    TABB - No. Columbia Platinum PLus.
  • GoVikings
    13 years ago
    Exactly what georgemicrodong said.
  • rh48hr
    13 years ago
    I'm with the majority here that say no. I don't mention it and feign ignorance if it is brought up.
  • mjx01
    13 years ago
    can't see how anything good whould come of approach in OP
  • DandyDan
    13 years ago
    That is one thing you never ever EVER bring up, especially at clubs you are a regular at. I only knew one dancer who even knew what TUSCL was, and that was that. There are dancers who do know what SCL is, and I've told them I read that, but I don't mention that I post on there occasionally.
  • rell
    13 years ago
    i told one dancer who asked me how did i find out about the club but the only other dancer i ever mentioned this club to was my ex gf who happend to be a dancer.. lol i showed her a review where this guy pretty much called her a stuck up bitch lol (he was right though)she used to look at reviews on her club with me pretty much to spread gossip about the other girls who were being whores in the club or outside the club lol but im with the majority here.. NO i dont think that would turn out good
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I've told a couple of dancers over time, but as a general rule fuck no. Like some others around here, my review and club count is now getting high enough that I sometimes make a heavy impact on the numerical ratings of the club, particularly with respect to some of the thinly reviewed clubs that I visit in places like Mobile, Fort Worth, and some smaller clubs spread over a number of other locales. This site has been a tremendous resource for me over the years and, as I now give back, I take the quality of the information that I pass along very seriously. I want to be able to post reviews with unbiased descriptions of the good, the bad, and the ugly without worrying about how I will be treated the next time I go into the club.
  • trojangreg
    13 years ago
    When we had our first TUSCL convention at PP Columbia thanks to shadowcat and Bones we were treated like royalty. The dancers called us the computer guys. They knew about TUSCL from shadow and were eager to make sure their club got good reviews. Except at PP Columbia I have never talked about TUSCL with a dancer. At PP the groundwork has been done by shadowcat and his favorites know about it and are interested in our opinions of them and the club.
  • minnow
    13 years ago
    Another hell no here. Like others, I value unbiased commentary on club. I'm curious what kind of "upside" OP sees, or expects, from outing himself as a reviewer. Putting oneself in anothers' shoes: If someone came to my workplace, and announced that they were a website reviwer from the get go, my reaction would be- "what planet did this asshole come from"?
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Well, I'm of the opinion that if you told them they won't give a fuck. How many dancers read this site? How many customers? It's like a teardrop in the ocean (the egos of some our more prolific reviewers notwithstanding). So as minnow says, what's to gain? Only reaction you are going to get is "yeah, so?"
  • sharkhunter
    13 years ago
    I've told a dancer before and all it did was make her nervous that someone she was dancing for is posting who knows what on the Internet for all to read. It's something I rarely talk about in a club. And if a dancer figured out who I was, she'd probably read my posts and start asking me a bunch of questions about things I posted. Like what dancer said this or did that etc etc. I prefer to stay unknown but if dancers in a club routinely visit this site, they may be able to figure out who I am. I suspect most will not.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    It probably wouldn't bother me if a customer told me he was reviewing the club. Id probably go out of my way to be a complete bitch...oh wait...I wouldn't have to go out of my way at all. But in all honesty, I treat customers well so I doubt I'd be worried.
  • stenton1
    13 years ago
    Hell No!! It would cost me my fake relationships and confidentiality with my favorites. It's funny how they can strip in front of strangers, but they don't like being discussed on the internet.
  • Stiletto25
    13 years ago
    @stenton- you honestly can't see the difference between stripping on a stage to an audience who pays admission and being discussed on the worldwide web?
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    I contribute to my local reader review board (zbone), but since some of the dancers (and managers) figured out who I was based on my posts, I'm a bit more careful in what I post there. It can be a useful way to let management know what is working and what is not, since they get to know you personally and if they like you they seem to want to hear your opinions on things. I have asked dancers if they knew what TUSCL was, but so far none have.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    Lopaw, I agree with you that dancers generally don't usually know about this site. For that matter, in my experience they usually don't even know about stripper oreinted sites like SW. My bigger concern is being identified by a club's management, some of whom DO track how their clubs are faring on review sites. Given my club activities, which often involve playing around either OTC or ITC with one lucky contestant, I do not want to be on anyone's radar for any reason. I keep my game quiet and try to be discreet as I'm typing a number into my Blackberry, or texting her my hotel and room number, or am working out the details around when she can leave the club, or etc., etc. The last thing I want is attention from club managers, either good or bad. As far a club management is concerned, I'm just the quiet, friendly traveling businessman in the suit who treats everyone nicely and tips well, but not extravagently. I have no interest in being associated with any negative or even positive comments relating to a club as the attention could jam me up. I don't want att
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    Rick: "as I'm typing a number into my Blackberry" Blackberry? Rick's business makes so little money he can't even afford a modern smart phone? Gotta fire that txtittyfan financial adviser guy, I tell you.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    LOL. Nah Dougster, all of my excess cash goes to strippers for BBFS. ;) Shit, paying them the going rates is bad enough, but what really stings is having to throw in extra so that they can go out and buy Plan B the next morning. That is, of course, assuming they don't lie to me about what they are doing with the extra cash...hmmm...
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Anyone that's spent any time in the corporate world knows how ubiquitous the "crackberry" is. Sheesh!
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    You are dead on about that, steve. I insist on Blackberry use by all of my employees. I have great confidence in its encryption features. My industry is rife with crooks, spies, hackers, etc. so I value security very highly. For pure business, Blackberry is unchallenged. A fine CANADIAN invention, by the way! Sheesh............!
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    I prefer my iPhone for personal use, art, but I also have a company issued bb (for the secure email). So I have Canada to thank for being forced to walk around with TWO phones? Sheesh!
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    iPhone all the way, baby!
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    How those blackberries working for you these days boys? How's that RIMM stock done this year?
  • newmark
    13 years ago
    Not only do I not tell; but I also take countermeasures to keep anyone, including dancers, from guessing.
  • wallanon
    13 years ago
    I've been to some pretty hole in the wall clubs out in the sticks, so the normal "some guy I know told me about the place" doesn't always work. In a pinch I'll say I looked up the place since I was passing through, but TUSCL is not in the convo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion