tuscl

Next level

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:15 PM
About a year ago, I read an excerpt from a book by a sociologist who went undercover as a stripper. She had the credentials and everything and it sounded like a legit thing. She sketched out a disturbing pattern of behavior for strippers and I wondered what everybody thinks about it. She said that the first level is all about the immediate gratification: $1 stage tips, $20 lap dances, $200 champagne room, whatever. She said the second level is where the big money comes from and that it is a lengthy psychological con. She said that the girls cultivate their hand-picked regulars and that what the regulars most want is to build some type of connection with the girl, some type of familiarity. As a result, she said that she expended lots of energy slowly filling in the details for these men, grudgingly adding details during each LD or table talk. There is nothing that indicates she did extras or OTC, so take that for what it is worth. But it sounded like she had more than enough business building up these fictitious portfolios. For one guy she had been a struggling actress trying to find jobs on local commercials. Another she was trying to put herself through school as a radiologist's assistant. For another she moved here from Connecticut and is trying to make ends meet with her cousin. She saw it as a challenge to plays these roles without detection, and it made her day more interesting instead of the mindless groping and grinding. But she said that every so often she would slip up and drop info that didn't match that customer's portfolio and sometimes he'd catch her on it and she'd have to scramble. So she was offering artificial intimacy, one detail at a time. And she was using it as a subtle tool to pry open wallets. She thought all successful dancers did it, to one extent or another. So do we ever get a glimpse of something real? Or does it matter? (And I know just what some of you crusty bastards will say. LOL)

29 comments

• georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    In entirely predictable fashion, if her mouth is really wrapped around my dick, that's real enough for me.
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    I don't think it's any big secret that a lot of us find value in a presumed intimacy with a fav or two in the SC world (except for gmd and dudester, of course... :) In fact, I think it's the stuff of urban legend - the rich guy buying a working girl's time for the evening, only to want to sit and talk with her, basically enjoying the company of a beautiful woman so he can feel "connected" for a short while and not so alone. I've commented before that I'll sometimes find just having my ATF sit naked, or nearly so, on my lap and talk for 20 minutes is worth the price of a couple LDs to me. It's more emotionally satisfying and in some ways, more intimately erotic than her going "into character" for the LDs.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    Sounds like a bunch of journalistic horse shit to me. When it comes to creating a porfolio for customers, one size fits all.
  • overnights
    13 years ago
    Let's see...I think I've met the single mom who is trying to put herself through school to become a radiologist's assistant :). After finding out that she had some alternate identities (it pays to talk w/the other guys you see her with in the club--if they'll talk to you), I told her that I really liked (real name of dancer), but only tolerated (dancer name). We are still friends, but as looneylarry described it, the "lengthy psychological con" was over for me.
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Sounds like a writer who talked to a few dancers and then made up the whole thing. If she thinks she is good at faking characters, why not fake the entire work. Not the first time someone made up experiences and passed them of as truth.
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    I think I met her. She was playing the role of a crack whore who had blow 10 guys a night to feed her habit.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    I use a con, sometimes. Mostly I tell them I am a chiropractor. I give a hell of a back-rub, and it quickly turns into a front-rub.
  • nengneng
    13 years ago
    I have exact the same feeling/preference as Rod8432 does. For my VIP time, most often than not, I just hold my ATF on my lap, face to face (I really enjoy her face), kiss around her face, and sometimes try to hold her as tight as possible. I don't care much about dance. It feels better to just hold her still than let her dance.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    No, no, no. VIP = Very Intense Pounding, or Verifiably In Pussy. All this "holding" and smoochie face stuff is for the birds. :))
  • Rod8432
    13 years ago
    nengneng - I had to chuckle in acknowledgment about your "holding still" comment. I too find that once I get the girl still, I really start to enjoy the contact. Too much bouncing around and shifting positions distracts me. One of my favorite recent LD experiences occurred at the Red Garter in Key West (you can see my review here: [view link]). My girl was naked on her knees in front of me, and I just held tight while my raging boner pointed up and was sandwiched between us. We barely moved - maybe a little sway, just enough to roll my engorged dick lightly side to side - and I loved it. The closeness and subtle eroticism of it still sticks in my mind. So yes, even if I have to pay for a little intimacy (faux or not), it feels damn good sometimes...
  • baltimoretraveler
    13 years ago
    I’m sure some dancers change their stories depending on who they are sitting with but I believe that most of the ones I’ve met in Baltimore are not that concerned about what they say as long as they are getting $$. I’ve chilled with quite a few outside the clubs and generally their stories all seem to add up with what they told me in the club. Ex. living in a hotel with their mom and kid, sharing a place with another dancer, taking a few classes at a community college, etc. Now what they occasionally slip up on is the level of their respective addictions. In the club they might say they are only an occasional pot smoker but in reality, they are a heavy heroin or percocet user. And it becomes quite obvious the longer you spend time with them outside of a club.
  • Player11
    13 years ago
    Yes the psycological con is part of their game and many are really good at this. Its easy for some guy to fall into the trap that she is somehow his GF especially if she is pressing those buttons.
  • potheadpl
    13 years ago
    Sounds like either she's full of horseshit, or she lucked into finding a bunch of mega-PLs with tons of cash. Anybody with any sense is going to get some sexual satisfaction if in a long-term "relationship" with a stripper. Maybe the journalist was honking bobo?
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    " So do we ever get a glimpse of something real? Or does it matter?" Hey, as long as they'll wear the cheerleader outfit...
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    lol I agree w/ steve Cheerleader or nurse outfit is fine! Seriously tho - does it matter what the dancers claim to be? No. I try not to overthink my SC visits. Once you walk (or stagger) thru those SC doors, all reality except for your libido is out the window.
  • rickdugan
    13 years ago
    I could see it. Like player said, there are some girls that are masters at this. The "crusty" types around these parts generally don't take a lot of this type of crap at face value anyway. They also don't go to clubs in search of true affection. Hence the reactions you are getting here. They often lie when discussing these types of things, so why worry about it? But we all know that there are various breeds of SC visitors out there, including the sad and lonely types that really want to believe that this 20-something girl could fall in love with him, despite his advancing years, wrinkles, the effects of gravity, etc.
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    Enjoy the girl's story and leave it at that, and don't give her anything that you can't afford to lose.
  • Dougster
    13 years ago
    There used to be more PL than there are now. Even granted that her "research" is still exaagerated. There was a time when strippers had the advantage but it's us customers now. Fuck them stupid whores, anyways.
  • Slin
    13 years ago
    Do you have a link to this study? I'm interested in reading anything related to the stripper experience and I'd love to see a semi-scholarly article on it.
  • gk
    13 years ago
    OK, we finally have scientific proof of Stripper Shit! Because she was a fake stripper, she unnecessarily developed multiple "portfolios" when all she needed was two: her real story and her fake story. She/any dancer can share whatever she likes. If it's a good story, we can appreciate it for it's creativity. If it's fake but not creative, we usually can tell. If it's real, it eventually rises to the top like cream and passes the test of time. I go to have fun, and as a "regular" get to know dancers and what's real and fake. I just take the fake stuff for what it is--a marketing strategy. Sometimes fake is fun and sometimes too much reality is just ...too much.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    Stripper shit comes in different forms. When I was in the military and had to travel incognito (even though I had short hair and a military demeanor), I was taught to talk up something that I appeared to know about. For instance, as a kid, paleontology was my hobby, so I'd pretend to be a paleontologist or archeologist. Before the internet took off, I could also convince people that I was a software genius (although, I'd feel them out first to make sure I didn't insert foot orally). Last night, at a reading with my church actors, I was reading for a part as part of a person's psyche. I channeled Anthony Hopkins and scared everyone in the room.
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I'm an infrequent participant in SC activities any more...just can't find times to sneak away. When I do get a chance to go in, I'm just looking for a hot chick to grind on me. I just really don't care about what she tells me...often including her name.
  • Realist123
    13 years ago
    fuck the mind games, don't go for it. keep it below the waist!
  • looneylarry
    13 years ago
    Slin, it was buried some place in the recesses of cyberland. I stumbled into it, and it did look legit, like she had actually submitted it in a different form in a higher ed context. I have no idea where to start looking for it now and I couldn't bookmark to it then for obvious reasons. Sorry. I do think that she didn't develop hundreds of identities, but only reserved a few for the handpicked PLs she wanted to cultivate. My guess is that all the others that could have started down the extras or OTC routes with other girls were probably quickly cut off at the pass and walked away.
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    Friday night. Home nursing a cold. Stumbled on this blog. Remembered the book: p&gt &lt Stripped: Inside the Lives of Exotic Dancers [Paperback] by Bernadette Barton. NYU Press 2006. p&gt Google it or look it up @ Amazon
  • joker44
    13 years ago
    And more: Here's a link to Bernadette Barton's web page where you can see her picture and download pdfs of the book's Preface and Table of Contents. [view link]
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    Seems more likely that strippers develop a club persona (e.g. Party Girl, Single Mom, College Student) that is not too far removed from their actual life, and just emphasis particular aspects for their various regulars.
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    After I got my ONE stripper infatuation out of my system I quickly went the immediate gratification route. That seems to be the route chosen by dancers as well - the immediate gratification of quick easy money. So, I don't credit this phony "academic research" with any veracity at all. Is stripperweb full of pathetic chat about dancers falling for their customers?
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    "Is stripperweb full of pathetic chat about dancers falling for their customers?" No, the posts are more dancers complaining about how their clingy, needy regulars want to kiss them, lol.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion