tuscl

White Knight Syndrome

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:13 AM
I am often amazed when reading stories on this board, TUSCL and others, about guys that feel the need to “save” dancers. In fact, some of these guys even have the audacity to do it after girls have been their laps for some time, or even when the girls performed “other services” for them. The theory, of course, is that she is doing this because she has somehow been damaged. He, quite naturally, is that special guy that can pull her out of the pit of darkness and help her see the light of clean living. Where does this savior complex come from? And if she is that damaged, which I don't necessarily believe (at least in all cases), then what does it say about him that he was enjoying the fruits of it moments before?

31 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    Where does this savior complex come from? Bit of history-the United States, isolated from a european continent that had known more than an eon of war, tried in the early 20th century, to avoid yet, another, european war. But when US shipping and trade suffered, we jumped in, both feet, and fully involved ourselves in the war. Twenty years later, again, we tried, again, to avoid, yet another, european war. When Japan sucked us in, we contributed 100 percent of our national effort to end the war. Our heroes include The Lone Ranger, John Wayne, and Dirty Harry. We eat, sleep, and live being the White Knight. It is what we do. You might as well ask us why we breathe.
  • deogol
    14 years ago
    I think there are a couple of things no it. Cognitive dissonance occurs when the person holds two opposite ideals at the same time. This forces the person into action. I suspect it may be that you are right, the white knight is uncomfortable with the interactions. But perhaps he is wounded to such a degree from some event that he cannot bring himself to change, so he focuses the change upon the dancer. A psychologist in the humanist tradition may explain it as the white knight disregarding the dancer's current condition as immature to her potential. So, he wants her to reach her full potential - which is something greater than writhing around on a fella's lap. This is because this is all he knows of her - the white knight may not know of her going to school or hoarding money to open a small business. An ego psychology psychologist may see it as a defense mechanism. It is an unconscious attempt to prevent a self-identification failure. IOW, the white knight cannot self-identify as a lustful person enjoying the charms of dancer he paid for attention. I mean, it's hard to accept one is paying a woman for attention rather than being "something more" and so the white knight appears.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Well just take MisterGay as an example. He suffers a deep sense of shame due to his hobby for a couple of reasons: 1) he knows he can only get sex by paying for it 2) all his life he has been taught to be a good little liberal, however good little liberals do not pay women for sex since it misogynistic and exploitive. Now, obviously, MisterGay has an incredibly fragile ego (one of the reasons women cannot stand him and he has to pay) so he cannot admit these truths to himself. Thus, he seeks to kid himself that he is still a "good guy" by insisting he respects whores and otherwise white knighting for them here. Does he convince anyone? Of course not. Does he even convince himself. Nope, not even himself.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Our literature and traditions teach and reinfore this conduct: Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and other stories have the damsel in distress being rescued by the brave prince or White Knight. If some women have it coded in their heads that "Someday My Prince Will Come," some men act, even unconciously, as if they are that guy.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    Wow - this got a bit heavier than I expected, but some good points here. I agree with the notion that the white knight does not identify himself as a monger - he needs to be something special. More importantly, I think that he also feels the need to convince the girl that he something different. Damned self-delusional wimps.
  • ulitimate1
    14 years ago
    Hmm, well if we are being honest, I think I get 'white knight' syndrome because I want to believe that I'm not a 'bad person' going to the clubs. If I am really there to 'help people' and ... you know, not just help myself then maybe I can have a better view of myself? Okay, no more posts asking for honesty!
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    White Knights on TUSCL? Which posts you been reading?
  • jost
    14 years ago
    the White Knight stuff is pretty creepy if you ask me..
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    @steve: they exist, even on this thing. I won't name names, but there are some that are faily pathetic. @jost: Diddo
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I've offerred my lap when a dancer is trying to avoid another customer. Does that count? Or is it only "White Knight" if I don't get anything out of it?
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    I don't know about white knight syndrome, but there are some new faces around here trying awfully hard to impress people. To each his own.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    Its the old trying to make a whore into a housewife song. ROB's love white Knights. IMO you can't make a whore into a housewife. With all the SS I have experienced and different Strippers I have fucked I am immune to the drama crap of how down and out they are. I care mainly about a good POP, no drama, a gal who can perform in bed, no BF who knows she sees customers otc, no rush, and a gal with a car so she can meet me somewhere instead of having to pick her up in some sleazy neighborhood. Many of these gals are on drugs or supporting bum loser BF. As long as thats the case they will pull their way out of their self inflicted problematic life. The idea a stripper is somehow "damaged" is a cultural bias of our monogamy obsessed society. Much of their behavior is based on instinct whether its mating or care of their young. Many don't care about their kids at all as their parents or an x have custody. Somewhere in their past they cared more about drugs than their kids. No White Knighting for me, don't have time for fools errands.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I meant to say: Many of these gals are on drugs or supporting bum loser BF. As long as thats the case there is no way they will pull their way out of their self inflicted problematic life.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    The white knights drive up the cost for everyone else. I wonder where you find more of these white knight types? in the rural areas or the urban cities? In my experience I have seen more of it in the rural areas but I am just guessing.
  • THEWHITEKNIGHT
    3 years ago
    IT IS MY DUTY, THAT IS WHY!
  • Uprightcitizen
    3 years ago
    Does that make you The Black Knight?
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    This thread is older than me.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Help her embrace her inner hoe. Be supportive and want her to be the best she can. Admit she belongs to the streets. It'll get you much more than white knighting. Put her kn a winning team
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    An old thread but a pretty-good one and one that would be helpful to inexperienced-SCers or those not TUSCLarly-educated - I imagine there is a decent # of PLs that are unaware of WKS (White Knight Syndrome) and it'd be beneficial to them to know about WKS b/f they get WKSed.
  • Nidan111
    3 years ago
    I am guilty of such. But, thanks to TUSCL, no longer shall I be such!
  • Bubujmacc
    3 years ago
    When you’re a 25 year old virgin like myself you can easily be manipulated by a thin dancer. Most ladies nowadays are cargo sized fat asses so the thinness really makes a difference
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    Funny seeing this 11 year old thread resurface. It's also funny how much the culture can change in a decade. Back when I originally posted this, social media was not nearly as prevalent as it is today. A fair percentage of this new crop of 20 something year old dancers, rather than trying to hide what they do, actually celebrate it on FB, Twitter and other places. Attitudes have changed a lot in the past 11 years. Conversely, a higher % of the new crop of mongers are emotional pussies more likely to feel sorry for themselves than they do for any dancer. With that said, I still do see random instances of WKS, but IMHO it is less widespread than it was back then. Still worth discussing for sure, but boy how times have changed.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    ^ oooooh yes, how times have changed! Ricky has found his black knight (me) to help him with his mommy issues 😉. I feel I have done a great job of rescuing him from his feelings that he needs to impress women and that he needs to embrace his true inner feelings that vagina is yucky. You have cum a long way, and I love you Ricky 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓 ♥ 💖 😍 💗 💛 💓
  • rickdugan
    3 years ago
    That's so nice BBBC. But we both know that you don't REALLY want me to think that vagina is yucky. After all we know that you are really just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to want her. You want Daddy Rick's attention and I definitely understand sweetie. But sometimes what we so deeply crave just can't be. Not the attention part since I'm giving you a little now, but you really desire just can't be. But I'm flattered nonetheless. It's not you - it's me. 😉
  • THE CHAINDOG
    3 years ago
    Well I am a Blue Knight by occupation, at least for a few more months
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    I’m the asshole knight forever for those who need to know.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    "That's so nice BBBC. But we both know that you don't REALLY want me to think that vagina is yucky. After all we know that you are really just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to want her. You want Daddy Rick's attention and I definitely understand sweetie. But sometimes what we so deeply crave just can't be. Not the attention part since I'm giving you a little now, but you really desire just can't be. But I'm flattered nonetheless. It's not you - it's me. 😉" ^Aww! So sweet! You will cum to better terms over time 😉
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    Awww, I remember the night you came out finally. You were sooooo scared! This movie clip reminds me of that night... 😉 [view link]
  • rickthelion
    3 years ago
    Setting aside BBBC’s completely understandable but ultimately unrequited love for your rickness, the bumping of this thread brings up another issue: the importance of being rick! I think that at least one older rick thread should be bumped per week. Doing so will educate the hoi polloi of clubbing. But not too much bumping mind you. If an old rick thread was bumped every day it would only blind the normies with rick brilliance. However, I could see the value in a book of rick. I think it could be entitled “Can I Get a Rickness”. ROAR!!!
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    Not quite as bad as white knights (I guess), but I also read stories about how some PLs will help a stripper with her running errands and drive her on some wild goose chase to here and there for a few hours before getting her to a hotel room for some OTC. Or just as pathetic as a White Knight the PL will spend for her to get her nails done and buy her drugs. Worse yet he will loan her money. Seriously folks, it's OK to be pathetic and all by paying for a fantasy, but at some point you should draw a line and grow a sack. There's pathetic and then there's really pathetic. Beyond that is really, REALLY pathetic.
  • BBBC
    3 years ago
    "However, I could see the value in a book of rick. I think it could be entitled “Can I Get a Rickness”. ROAR!!!" ^ Awww are you upset 😡 about your package size also? Cum over here poor baby and I will make you forget all about it! 😉
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion